Worst thing about that performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Getting the Schu back will solve our first problem we had with Johns , problem 2 we definitely need to replace Harper with anyone else probably weekes who I think will be as good as Koula at centre.
I also think the Souths game had an impact to many of our players performance this week unfortunately it was another long tough 90 minute game which may have a domino impact to next weeks game against Penrith - so now is the time when good coaching comes in to lift this team and make the right (BEST) player changes
Lets Go Manly
Yeah, Schuster in with Weeks as centre and Lawton on the bench or even centre perhaps.

And then lost him to the Roosters like Newcastle have?

I’d much rather just keep Garrick.
The only area I can see an issue with Garrick is that his defence can sometimes be a bit suspect. And I've seen him have a go at players inside him when he has clearly made the wrong call. But that aside, his attack is fine for me and he doesn't mind taking the hard runs (which is interesting coz he does seem to lack a bit of that toughness in defence sometimes). But I think he's a consistent performer and his goal kicking definitely seals the deal for me.

Last edited:
Geez everyone calm down.

We had a bad game. It happens. We played poorly, yet we still managed a draw against Newcastle who played pretty well. It's not great, but the sky hasn't fallen just yet.
I think we also need to appreciate that the start of this years comp has, for the most part, been very unpredictable. Excluding the 2 teams at either end of the table, the bulk of the teams are playing similar footy. The reality is, it's hard yakka winning each weekend, no matter who is playing. It's bloody hard to keep the level of intensity needed every week and if one team is slightly down when the other is up, then the unexpected will happen. That's not to say we don't have some player/position issues to resolve. But injuries as usual, are causing us some probs. But that's also the case for some other teams. If we can get away with minimum 50% wins from the next 6 games, we'll probably find we're still in good shape coz I think most teams will have there ups and downs. The standard of footy so far has been pretty good and hence the comp is bunched together. Once the inevitable injuries and form drops start to set in, the table might start to stretch a bit. One thing for sure tho, we need to get our players and positions sorted soon so that we can do the best we can to NOT become one of those teams that starts getting left behind.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think it's a massive stretch putting us in the same basket as the Tigers. Of course, if they knock us over in a few weeks, I'll have to revisit that.
They also said that Souths played bad because of the game against Manly took it out of them, but hold on couldnt the same be said about Manly? oh thats right its Manly isnt it ? same old News limited **** oops sorry FoxTel ****
Maybe we just played poorly because our fill-in 5/8th let us down Matty

That's not to say we don't have some player/position issues to resolve

One thing for sure tho, we need to get our players and positions sorted soon
Don't see it myself. I'm happy with Turbo at fullback. Weekes is good off the bench.
Lawton will come in assuminhg Burbo is out with his hammie.
Christian looks busted but I expect a winger will be selecected to replace him (a revolutionary plan, I know!)
If Schu is still out there may be some shuffling but I expect the goal will be the fewest possible changes. Just my take.

Don't see it myself. I'm happy with Turbo at fullback. Weekes is good off the bench.
Lawton will come in assuminhg Burbo is out with his hammie.
Christian looks busted but I expect a winger will be selecected to replace him (a revolutionary plan, I know!)
If Schu is still out there may be some shuffling but I expect the goal will be the fewest possible changes. Just my take.
No, I'm not suggesting we move Turbo. That would be pointless. I'm talking about the wing, centre and bench situation. Those injured that would normally fill those positions won't be back for quite a few weeks. Who will replace Tui? I'm not convinced about Veaga. Will Harper stay? If not, who will replace him? How will they use Weekes and Lawton? So we need to get some stability there (and effective) very quickly or we'll be all over the shop ..... as they say.

Last edited:
No, I'm not suggesting we moving Turbo. That would be pointless. I'm talking about the wing, centre and bench situation. Those injured that would normally fill those positions won't be back for quite a few weeks. Who will replace Tui? I'm not convinced about Veaga. Will Harper stay? If not, who will replace him? How will they use Weekes and Lawton? So we need to get some stability there (and effective) very quickly or we'll be all over the shop ..... as they say.
We'll find out tomorrow what Seibold thinks. I realise many have voiced disagreement with selections, that's your prerogative.
I don't expect many changes aside from forced by injury, team stability is a big factor in success.
We've obviously got plans to introduce some more new talent as the season unfolds but more likely later in the year for Samuela and Gordie is my guess.

Hopefully it was just an off day combined with the after effects of last week’s battle against souffs.

It was a tough game to watch yesterday, that’s for sure.

The big issue we're facing here is that its now two GP games in a row. We were flat from the first one, and now we have to face the two time defending premiers in their own backyard after a second 80+ minute game. And the Panthers will be fresh from a confidence gaining thumping of Canberra.

Normally I'm confident of a win, if not then at least good showing. But with the relative lack of defence we've shown against the Eels (30) and Knights (32) ... it could get ugly. We're going to need a defensive effort more like the one we gave against Souths if we're going to have a chance on Saturday evening.

We'll find out tomorrow what Seibold thinks. I realise many have voiced disagreement with selections, that's your prerogative.
I don't expect many changes aside from forced by injury, team stability is a big factor in success.
We've obviously got plans to introduce some more new talent as the season unfolds but more likely later in the year for Samuela and Gordie is my guess.
Surely you're not suggesting I don't know better than the coaching group??!!

The big issue we're facing here is that its now two GP games in a row. We were flat from the first one, and now we have to face the two time defending premiers in their own backyard after a second 80+ minute game. And the Panthers will be fresh from a confidence gaining thumping of Canberra.

Normally I'm confident of a win, if not then at least good showing. But with the relative lack of defence we've shown against the Eels (30) and Knights (32) ... it could get ugly. We're going to need a defensive effort more like the one we gave against Souths if we're going to have a chance on Saturday evening.
Yep, it could be ugly .......... or we could get kissed by a frog. Poor old Jake can't do it all on his own.

Yep, it could be ugly .......... or we could get kissed by a frog. Poor old Jake can't do it all on his own.
We've got plenty of big forwards but could be short another tackling dynamo. Wonder how young Fulton is going in reserves, he could end up as that guy maybe.

We've got plenty of big forwards but could be short another tackling dynamo. Wonder how young Fulton is going in reserves, he could end up as that guy maybe.
I see he got sin binned for getting in a dust up on the weekend. We could do with some feisty. As long as he stays on the field of course. One thing I noticed from the short highlights video is that he should never play dummy half.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6