[Resurrected] Worst Pack in Club's History?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Luke Burgess, Starling, Mason are bench props at best. Hasson is a nsw cup player (surely there is a better option). Lawrence is a decent starting prop when not injured. But basically at the moment the best non injured props at manly are jake and sao. Would like to see sao given the other starting prop position to see what he can do.

Yeah remember we had two good forwards in king and beaver, then a bunch of others like forrester, shipway, heckle berg, tutt, long ...

When we look at our possible forward pack for next year:

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Mason
Lui
Burgess
Lussick

Starling
São
Sene lefao
Garbutt
Leary

I'm sure I have forgotten one, but the list goes on! I think we'll be ok, regardless if sign or don't sign a few of those players named!

Yeah remember we had two good forwards in king and beaver, then a bunch of others like forrester, shipway, heckle berg, tutt, long ...
Um, that was the era when King played an entire game against Cronulla and tallied more errors than metres. He wasn't good back then.

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Mason
Lui
Burgess
Lussick

Starling
São
Sene lefao
Garbutt
Leary

I'm sure I have forgotten one, but the list goes on! I think we'll be ok, regardless if sign or don't sign a few of those players named!
Add Lawrence! It's a huge pack!

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Mason
Lui
Burgess
Lussick

Starling
São
Sene lefao
Garbutt
Leary

It's early days but I think it's possible that Leary could become more valuable to us than Horo. I guess that question will be answered by the end of the year.

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Mason
Lui
Burgess
Lussick

Starling
São
Sene lefao
Garbutt
Leary

Mateo

How bad am I going? I actually liked Shipway. He was a pretty good defender. Well, he was a good front on defender. He was better than Forrester anyway....

The Bulldogs supposedly have the best pack in the competition.............how are they going??? The problem is not our pack! The problem is that we have not had a full compliment of players to choose from! We were top 4 all year last season with a so called 'average' pack & only injuries caused us to fail at the last hurdle!! We had no Kite, Watmough, Stewart, Fa'aoso for most of the year & Buhrer injured yet still managed. I think our pack can match it with, however injuries have cruelled us so far! I have faith that we will be in the 8 & can go on from there!

Yeah, the Dogs are missing the best prop in the world and David Klemmer. Could you remind me which international forwards we are missing? And, for the record, I think they will finish A LOT higher than us come season's end.

my pack for next year would be.

Myles
Ballin
Lawrence
Lussick
Jake T
Buhrer

Starling
Garbutt
Burgess
Symonds

Whilst probably a bit harsh, it's not far from the truth. Our forward pack certainly isn't the most imposing in the league. The fact that jake turbo is our forward leader shows we are a little weak. It also shows you how impressive he is.

Well at least these guys are better than those rejects we tossed over the last few years in Choc, Gifty, Lussick, JWH etc.

Or are they only rejects when they come to manly

I cant believe we would consider mason for another year....If he makes it thru this one he will be lucky. Youth

Last edited:

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Mason
Lui
Burgess
Lussick

Starling
São
Sene lefao
Garbutt
Leary

That's noting to get excited about .... maybe a bottom 8 forward pack at best,

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6