[Resurrected] Worst Pack in Club's History?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a hard hard type of prop. Probably two. A John O'Neil, a Kevin Ward, a John Harvey, Spud. Someone who takes no prisoners and no backward steps : Maria, or Kasiano, Tamou.
Nate M is a step in the right direction. Remember we have lost Kitey, King, Choc, Gulavao, Faoso, Rose, Gifty, in recent yrs.

I really think the Nate signing will be good for us. The young blokes and I guess everyone will want to challenge them selfs against a Australian forward. The young blokes will benefit a great deal from him, but I feel we are still missing that hard nose, aggressive type, who does occasionally give away a stupid penalty but lifts the boys whenever we are down. We need someone to stop those 10 min laps in concentration that have been losing us the tight games.

Ligi, Starling, Jake, Burher & Leary are a great "young guns" who will be our future stars. Nate will be great for the team and I still believe there is a space for Willie. If BJ returns fit and ready to run hard, I'd say the future looks extremely bright in our engine room!

nate myles, jake trbojevic, blake leary, jamie buhrer, tom symonds and matt ballin to me are all real good forwards, add in feleti mateo on his day, horo, lui, sao, sene lefao. Add in darcy lussick and greg bird and thats a pretty means pack. Our backs are probably the best in the comp (besides the fact we have no halves).
8 Lussick
9 Ballin
10 Trbojevic
11 Buhrer
12 Myles
13 Bird
with leary, symonds, sao, horo, mateo, lui, demetriou, sene lefao, hodges and more fighting for a bench spot. i think its fair to say we definitely have depth, just lack the stars. pack stars would be: Myles, Jake T, Buhrer and Bird and Lussick if we sign them, followed by leary ballin and symonds

After reading we are probably resigning Mason I went through the squad and realised how little talent we actually have left in the pack. Losing Glenn, Choc, Kitey etc has been huge.

Nearly all of our pack are players that were cut or not wanted by their clubs. Mason, Horo, Symonds, Mason, Garbutt (maybe), Lawrence, Mateo,Luke Burgess, Lui, Starling and Lefao. Even Buhrer came here for a chance however Ferris is going great!!!

That is madness how many battlers we have in our first grade squad. No wonder we have declined. Yes I know injuries but compare those forwards to most packs and you would choose players from other clubs. Some of our backs must be on huge dollars as we really only have quality in Jake who wouldn't be on big dollars yet. Luke Burgess was always known as the useless brother.Jake would be the only forward that most clubs would want!!

Nate Myles will definitely help but even he isn't regarded enough by Titans as worth spending big dollars on to keep. We need more talent than all these journeymen. How can The Dogs have all these star forwards when we literally have none? We have to throw the chequebook at 2 top of the line forwards. Klemmer, Evans from Roosters etc who will be the leaders for next 5 years with Jake.

Rant over but some teams surely aren't playing fair.
I agree with the intent of your post Darren-delivery is a little questionable though.
Yes, we need to invest in some proven forward hardware. Time for Manly to sign a couple of big guns, regardless of where they are and what contracts they are on. Frizzel, taumololo, papali would be nice

After reading we are probably resigning Mason I went through the squad and realised how little talent we actually have left in the pack. Losing Glenn, Choc, Kitey etc has been huge.

Nearly all of our pack are players that were cut or not wanted by their clubs. Mason, Horo, Symonds, Mason, Garbutt (maybe), Lawrence, Mateo,Luke Burgess, Lui, Starling and Lefao. Even Buhrer came here for a chance however Ferris is going great!!!

That is madness how many battlers we have in our first grade squad. No wonder we have declined. Yes I know injuries but compare those forwards to most packs and you would choose players from other clubs. Some of our backs must be on huge dollars as we really only have quality in Jake who wouldn't be on big dollars yet. Luke Burgess was always known as the useless brother.Jake would be the only forward that most clubs would want!!

Nate Myles will definitely help but even he isn't regarded enough by Titans as worth spending big dollars on to keep. We need more talent than all these journeymen. How can The Dogs have all these star forwards when we literally have none? We have to throw the chequebook at 2 top of the line forwards. Klemmer, Evans from Roosters etc who will be the leaders for next 5 years with Jake.

It's not your forward pack that is the problem, we have lost two of the best halves in the Nrl, destabilising the whole side with their media parading, for twelve months now.

The three players you mentioned have played minimal footy, except Dropmough who is playing like a busted in an ordinary side, destabilised by their board. I personally think they are past their best. With the players we have out injured, if all were available we would win more than we lose.
Next year won't be much better unless Cherry Evans stays.

Quality of a pack is judged on the open market
Simply not true. League is a team sport, and the effectiveness of a pack is subject to the same principles, namely how they work together during a match. I'll judge this year's pack at the end of the season not part way through.

Honestly I don't think the pack is that bad. Defensively they have done pretty well since after round 1. Leaked 33 points in the last 3 games to so getting up to standard.
I think the backs have let Manly down, and not due to Tooveys input either - I just think they have to get healthy and stay on the park. The forwards are now ready to do their job.
I expect a big one against Nth Qld. Manly is a chance.
NYEagle

Honestly folks all we can do is hope the club can sign the best available forwards on the open market for the best possible price.

A lot of clubs seem to have their rosters better prepared than us.

We seem to have been caught on the hop a bit this year with injuries.

I don't want to get the biggest bopper with the rumoured interchange dropping to six or so.

Better than pretty good, poor recruitment is my only conclusion but when I said so at the time , I was told I was wrong.
being told you are wrong is probably a sign you are not. That's forum logic

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4