World cup warm up - Aus Vs Greece

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Aus 1: Greece 0

Watched the game last night and it can only be said that the aussies were preparing for the world cup in that one. Guus got a perfect game out of his side. first 45 we saw a likely team (plus kewell) who were dominant. The second half saw a lot of testing in different areas.

It was a very solid defensive effort and considering Viduka only played half a game and Kewell was missing our attack will improve substantially.

Greece didnt really turn up to play but they were dominated in the first half.

All in all a good win over the team ranked 20th

Greeks were out here on a holiday, acted like the game was just something they had to get out of the way before hitting the piss

Report from the Ground.

Game was pretty boring after the 18th minute. A couple of flares in the crowd along with 8 bourbons @ $7.80 each kept me entetrtained.

Also, one victorian copper pulled off one of the best hits on a pitch invader I have ever seen. Side on, launched at this bloke and nearly cut him in half. Im trying to find out who he is so we can sign up for my rugby side!!

$7.80 each **** me dead- it would want to be Jim Beam and not that Early Times ****e they usually try pass off as bourbon at nightclubs and what have you.

It was dirty cougar. The first mouthful I nearly spat back out.

Cost me $9 for a hot dog and chips too.

Thats a farking disgrace $9 for hot dog and chips...and having to put up with Cougar to boot!

Not the same topic but I went to the airport last night to drop my brother-in-law off for flight to UK. Just over 1 hour and cost me $19 for parking :( :0

Thanks for the pics clontaago.Even though the game was a bit of a fizzer,the atmosphere must have been amazing with a full MCG.

Yeah it was great easy. I think the offical total was 95, 210 or close to that. The greeks were quite vocal throught the game and a couple of flares were set off during and after the match.

The poor bloke in the second last pic was the pitch invader after the game. The cops just sat him there for a couple of minutes before taking him away, $6k lighter.

Easy/Byso, I have just received some more pics that are quite good, they are watermarked though and arent mine, can I still post them??

I would ask Daniel first,but im pretty sure it would be ok to post the pics here,because this is not an official Manly website.

i do feel it was a bit of the game plan to make it a fizzer from Guus - seemed to me we were out to keep possesion as much as possible

the crowd sounded very vocal throughout the game, expecially considering it wasnt all razzle dazzle

Thats a farking disgrace $9 for hot dog and chips...and having to put up with Cougar to boot!
Iwent to the Bulldog/roosters GF a few years back(won tickets oin the radio) and paid $6-$7 for a bourbon . The missus paid something like $9 for a small piece of fish and chips.Within about 10 minutes she haad major food poisoning and we had to leave at 1/2 time.She felt terrible that i had to miss the second half. But really , who in the hell buys fish at a footy game.

[quote author=PJ]
Iwent to the Bulldog/roosters GF a few years back(won tickets oin the radio) and paid $6-$7 for a bourbon . The missus paid something like $9 for a small piece of fish and chips.Within about 10 minutes she haad major food poisoning and we had to leave at 1/2 time.She felt terrible that i had to miss the second half. But really , who in the hell buys fish at a footy game.

[/quote]

Only souths supporters buy fish at the footy. That way they only get to see their side thrashed for half a game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4