World Cup Nines Draw ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keen to see how Funa plays - will have some power players to support in Taumo, Pengai Jnr and Fifita....this Tonga side could go alright

IMG_20191016_152053.jpg

Can't see Jorge in the Samoa colours but Chez and Gazza are in the Roos :)

Wonder why Marty and AFB were not selected :think:

rlwc9s-pools.jpg

nrl_rlwc9s_draw_1080x1350_combined-pool-colours.jpg

New rules at World Cup 9s
  • Nine players per side, nine minutes per half
  • Unlimited interchange
  • Five tackles per set, rather than six
  • Sin bins: three minutes rather than 10
  • Conversions are drop kicks, with a 25-second shot clock
  • 20/40 kicks introduced, as well as 40/20s
  • Five points, rather than four, awarded for a try scored in the Telstra 5G Bonus Zone between the goal posts
  • Drawn matches decided by a golden try
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/19...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Last edited:
I do like the 20:40 kick rule.

I think attacking kicks/options are a great way to change the monotony of a game. imagine if DCE kicked a 20:40 on the third tackle? Forces the wingers to hang back in defence.... which then opens the field for attack

I like it

Does anyone know if this is on watchnrl? For overseas viewers?

I believe so.

I couldn't find it going through what is the most obvious section, ie "Upcoming matches" BUT if you click on the 'shows' tab then scroll right, the links will appear. Day 1 and Day 2!

woot

So is anyone going to watch this or just tune in for the finals part??

I couldn’t see myself watching hours of it but will certainly switch on tonight for a bit to see how it starts off.

So is anyone going to watch this or just tune in for the finals part??

I couldn’t see myself watching hours of it but will certainly switch on tonight for a bit to see how it starts off.
It's a long time until the season starts again so I'll be watching. I'm also expecting the top teams (at least Aus and NZ) not to take it too seriously and the format to open things up for some of the less expected countries (Come on Wales at $81!).
Should also be a good opportunity to spot some future NRL speedsters:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4