World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
11am here, so not a real stretch.

But I also have my mother in law heading this way for a visit.

So "swings and round-a-bouts" I guess.

Anyone think Australia will win?

Stranger things have happened in this World Cup so far. I think if we can get in front Argentina could fold under the weight of their own expectations. Australia has nothing to lose in comparison, so why not?

**** me. I've been saying all game that the aussie goalie refuses...just refuses to pick the ball up and it's going to cost us.

And now it has.

GO FRANCE!

@Captain Moondog 's version is probably nicer.

That goalie sux

edit: soccer/football nerds don't need to prattle on to me if he's the best goalie aust has ever had... I don't care, except to say that'd be a sad indictment.

**** me. I've been saying all game that the aussie goalie refuses...just refuses to pick the ball up and it's going to cost us.

And now it has.

what a stupid stupid stupid prick. I'd never pick him again. what a total wanker.

GO FRANCE! Aussies are shot.

That goalie sux

edit: soccer/football nerds don't need to prattle on to me if he's the best goalie aust has ever had... I don't care, except to say that'd be a sad indictment.
We've had some great keepers. Unfortunately Ryan isn't one of them.

Great effort by us.

Thought Kuol could have had it at the end there.

Obviously big stuff up for Argentina's second but the defender just as culpable as Ryan

And now it has.

what a stupid stupid stupid prick. I'd never pick him again. what a total wanker.

That goalie sux

Do you know the rules?

And now it has.

That goalie sux

You cant pick the ball up from a back pass

Wasn't it a back pass from his own player ?

It was. Haven't been able to pick up a back pass for about 40 years now.

Apart from that, Ryan has had a fantastic World Cup.

In fact the whole team has been awesome since France showed us up in the first game.

For a country that basically couldn't give a bugger about the world's biggest sport, we punch well above our weight. Saying that, the core of fanatics are passionate. I couldn't imagine 25,000 gathering to watch a rugby league world cup final.

Bring on the Asian Cup in 2024.

It was. Haven't been able to pick up a back pass for about 40 years now.

Apart from that, Ryan has had a fantastic World Cup.

In fact the whole team has been awesome since France showed us up in the first game.

For a country that basically couldn't give a bugger about the world's biggest sport, we punch well above our weight. Saying that, the core of fanatics are passionate. I couldn't imagine 25,000 gathering to watch a rugby league world cup final.

Bring on the Asian Cup in 2024.
Fully agree, easy to knock the keeper for 1 mistake, what about all the great saves Ryan made, and how many players make unforced errors like passing to the opposition but nothing's said cos it didn't cost a goal.
I think we have a few posters who don't know the rules, which is fair enough as they probably only watch a few games a year, or maybe every 4 years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4