World Cup 2022

Australia v Argentina 6am Sunday Morning, Sydney time.

Will be a tough ask, but the boys are playing with heart so anything is possible.

It'll be a massive ask, but we'll be playing Argentina at full strength so whichever way it goes, the boys will have stories to tell their grandchildren about the day they played against Lionel Messi.

It'll be a massive ask, but we'll be playing Argentina at full strength so whichever way it goes, the boys will have stories to tell their grandchildren about the day they played against Lionel Messi.
Don’t follow the game but know that Messi is a superstar but on one TV channel this morning they were calling him Lionel , and on another one pronounced him Lee O Nel.

So which is he ???

The whole UK / GB thing confuses me a bit.

Some sports (Football, Union, League, etc) they complete as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. Others (Olympics, Tennis, Swimming) they compete as GB.

I googled, but could only see something about Football being governed by separate entities in these countries.

So maybe you can help me out - why does it vary between sports. And what would your preference be? Compete as GB or as separate countries?
Tbh I don't know the reason myself. I suspect it is historic. The soccer associations probably all started independently of each other and the only way of playing an international at the time would have been against each other (no-one else knew about the game at the time) Union the same although the Lions tour occasionally I think. League swaps between being called England and GB, in reality there is no difference at the moment. They get called England now because of funding from Sport England which they're not entitled to if they're GB. Cricket is the England and Wales cricket team, although they are always called England. Athletics/ swimming/cycling etc are always GB except for the Commonwealth games.
I've probably not cleared it up for you really 😂

The goals we've scored have been brilliant. Aside from those 3 moments thpough it's just been effort on effort. It's like they don't care that they are outclassed, they are determined to win anyway!
Imagine if our boys played with that kind of heart and spirit...

Tbh I don't know the reason myself. I suspect it is historic. The soccer associations probably all started independently of each other and the only way of playing an international at the time would have been against each other (no-one else knew about the game at the time) Union the same although the Lions tour occasionally I think. League swaps between being called England and GB, in reality there is no difference at the moment. They get called England now because of funding from Sport England which they're not entitled to if they're GB. Cricket is the England and Wales cricket team, although they are always called England. Athletics/ swimming/cycling etc are always GB except for the Commonwealth games.
I've probably not cleared it up for you really 😂

Hahaha, I appreciate the response nonetheless lol!

Video review ruled that the ball did not go out......

Fi6xD6hWIAAMm7I

About time bloody time...the NSW government has stepped in to screen the match between Aus and Argentina @ Tumbalong Park Darling Harbour this Sunday 6am. Hopefully weather holds up.

A weird thing ... a great many reports I've read about this World Cup are describing every upset as a 'famous victory', even little upsets.
A bit of restraint there please kids. You're diluting the word. Pretty soon we'll all be famous.

A weird thing ... a great many reports I've read about this World Cup are describing every upset as a 'famous victory', even little upsets.
A bit of restraint there please kids. You're diluting the word. Pretty soon we'll all be famous.
Maybe : " almost " ' famous may be a bit more apt

Video review ruled that the ball did not go out......

Fi6xD6hWIAAMm7I
Not a great still shot that one.
Needs to be deadset in line or from above.
I saw a still shot from above and not out by my book, it's only got to be a bees.. a smidge or a poofteenth and it's still in.
You do know that it's whole of the ball - it doesn't have to be touching the line.

The thing that gets me with all this.
Why is that when they take a throw-in that no-one seems to care that the thrower walks 10-15m up field from where it went out?
Or why they are not enforcing the six second rule for goalkeepers in possession?

Yeah, great that we beat Tunisia and Denmark, but Japan have beaten Germany and Spain - two absolute giants of world football. Talk about your Davids and Goliaths…

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2