World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the only true World Cup.

One where it takes years to qualify. When sides like Italy don't even make it.

And frankly, Australia don't deserve to be there.

France really showed us up this morning big time.
Nor does Tunisia it seems

Good goal by keppie images (2).jpeg

Nor does Tunisia it seems

No they don't. If it were the best 32 teams in the world.
But it's not. If it were, the competition would be pretty much all European and South American teams.
All the federations get a chance depending on the strength of the region.
That's why Oceania only get 0.5 of a slot. Because it's pretty much made up of rubbish teams like the Solomon Islands. NZ win every time but they struggle to beat the 5th ranked South American team so they don't qualify mostly.

If Australia jag a draw against Denmark and somehow come second in the group, there's a good chance they would play Saudi Arabia after they upset Argentina. Not an unwinnable game. Australia might actually be in the last 8 if the cards fall the right way.

That's why Oceania only get 0.5 of a slot. Because it's pretty much made up of rubbish teams like the Solomon Islands. NZ win every time but they struggle to beat the 5th ranked South American team so they don't qualify mostly.

Interestingly, NZ all but guaranteed a spot in the World Cup from 2026 onwards with Oceania being granted 1.3 spots once the World Cup expands to 48 teams (way too many).

Interestingly, NZ all but guaranteed a spot in the World Cup from 2026 onwards with Oceania being granted 1.3 spots once the World Cup expands to 48 teams (way too many).
Way too many. But as usual, it's all about the dollars.

Otherwise, how else would a country like Qatar ever be the host ? Couldn't even begin to imagine how much they tipped in to FIFA's coffers to allow them to not only host it but move it to November. All while having antiquated laws about homosexuality and treating women like possessions.

Oh well. I'm just going to enjoy the football.

Firstly as left wokest (not sure of the terminology that is applied here but you get the sense) I am horrified that the cup is Qatar for a number of reasons.

But good lord I love football and what a cup so far! Early rounds are always great

Andrew Voss and, for that matter, most League commentators could learn a lot from the soccer commentators. Less is best and just call the bloody game.
It’s the embellishment that goes on during a game that annoys me, I just don’t get why they can’t just call the game.

They can leave the bull**** to the half time twits , where we can at least tune out of we don’t want to listen.

And the obvious favouritism that some show to certain clubs , again that’s fine during the pre game , half time , or full time twaddle but shouldn’t appear during games.

Does the English side take in Scottish , Welsh and Nth Ireland players as well or are they independent entities in trying to qualify , Well especially Scotland

Dutch usually go well , have not been following that closely and not sure how they are going. Then Italy did not even qualify apparently so results could be all over the place and especially with some of the emerging African countries . Odds of a South American side being finalists or eventual winners must be pretty high but Croatia could be one to watch from some reports

Dutch usually go well , have not been following that closely and not sure how they are going. Then Italy did not even qualify apparently so results could be all over the place and especially with some of the emerging African countries . Odds of a South American side being finalists or eventual winners must be pretty high but Croatia could be one to watch from some reports
Croatia are a good team but the difference in this world cup compared to others is that it is shorter.

Typically you have 5 days between games, here you are having 3 which means your depth and the age of your squad comes into play.

Croatia (and a few others) have great starting 11's but they are not a young team. Modric is a phenom and the heart beat of their team but he is 37 playing in some pretty extreme conditions (even with the aircon) which will count in the later games.

All that who knows! which is the great thing about the cup.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8