World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah watched the football world cup. Socceroos outclassed we did our best but simply lack the talent, skill and money tbh.

This is the only true World Cup.

One where it takes years to qualify. When sides like Italy don't even make it.

And frankly, Australia don't deserve to be there.

France really showed us up this morning big time.

I watched it... t'was a real boys v men game. 4-1 France.

then I watched the canucks give up yet another multi goal lead to lose a game. I think that's 11 times this season.

So... sports suck!
I’m shifting my focus to poetry.

This is the only true World Cup.

One where it takes years to qualify. When sides like Italy don't even make it.

And frankly, Australia don't deserve to be there.

France really showed us up this morning big time.
Of course we deserve to be there as we qualified fair and square. But we can’t have legitimate expectations to compete against the heavyweights.

I saw a stat that showed that France’s squad was valued at $1.66bn versus ours at $58m. Taking inspiration from Roy and HG’s medal count methodology from the Sydney 2000 games (where they extrapolated what Australia’s medal count would have been if we had the population of the USA), France should have won 28-1. So I believe, and won’t hear any argument otherwise, that we won that game fair and square on handicap.

Of course we deserve to be there as we qualified fair and square. But we can’t have legitimate expectations to compete against the heavyweights.

I saw a stat that showed that France’s squad was valued at $1.66bn versus ours at $58m. Taking inspiration from Roy and HG’s medal count methodology from the Sydney 2000 games (where they extrapolated what Australia’s medal count would have been if we had the population of the USA), France should have won 28-1. So I believe, and won’t hear any argument otherwise, that we won that game fair and square on handicap.
Is there another country in the world that plays professional football in four codes as we do in Australia? Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer.
The majority of our footballing talent in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, and NT plays Aussie Rules. In NSW it goes into RL and RU. Soccer picks up the migrant kids and those locals who feel the other three codes are too rough.
It's a wonder we ever have sufficient quality to even make a World Cup of soccer.

Is there another country in the world that plays professional football in four codes as we do in Australia? Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer.
The majority of our footballing talent in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, and NT plays Aussie Rules. In NSW it goes into RL and RU. Soccer picks up the migrant kids and those locals who feel the other three codes are too rough.
It's a wonder we ever have sufficient quality to even make a World Cup of soccer.
I agree, just imagine if 50% of the people that play AFL instead play football. We do OK all things considered.

I wish our players were as fit and hungry as those Japanese players were against Germany. They did not stop chasing everything down... and with pace. Impressive.

As a mathematician, I can't argue with that. We win. Woo hoo. :rofl:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4