World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
Time for a World Cup thread?

NZ have locked in their squad.

2E9B690D-36E5-4E35-A9E1-F455275C12CF.jpeg

Winning an Origin series as captain should not grant you test captaincy and a starting spot. DCE put in some nice kicks in Origin (something he rarely did for us this year) but didn't do much else, the QLD pack was dominant and Ponga, Grant, Hunt and Munster (game 1) were creating most of the opportunities. If you watched Cleary's game against Parra last week and compare to what DCE dished up this year, you just have to wonder how there is even a debate.

Not the WC, but DCE has been named in the Prime Minster's XIII. The only players from top eight sides are Angus Crichton & Josh King (Storm).

Edit: There are two other top eight players in this team - Sam Walker & Nat Butcher

Last edited:
Interesting that big name Melbourne players Grant and Munster aren't named. No Teddy. No Haas.

Reads like a "possibles" team trying out for World Cup squad to me.

Winning an Origin series as captain should not grant you test captaincy and a starting spot. DCE put in some nice kicks in Origin (something he rarely did for us this year) but didn't do much else, the QLD pack was dominant and Ponga, Grant, Hunt and Munster (game 1) were creating most of the opportunities. If you watched Cleary's game against Parra last week and compare to what DCE dished up this year, you just have to wonder how there is even a debate.
So..if you're the "incumbent" Australian halfback who has played well and hasn't let the team down at that level, Qld halfback that has won two of the last three series, again who has played well and not let the team down at that level ...should you lose your spot?
Teddy will be captain I'd say.

Last edited:
Mal has a history of being extremely loyal to incumbents though. It’s no debate, Cleary is the better player, but I think Mal plays his loyalty cards and DCE gets the 7.

John Bateman sent off for a high shot on Aiden Seizer in the Prelim, receives a 3 wk ban. Will be selected for the England Knights then for England trial so will only miss the 1st match of World Cup.

Hilarious watching Kent have a meltdown because Australia can’t manipulate all the talent to play for them at the moment like has gone on in the past
But is it manipulating?Id agree in regards to players that,for e.g. were taken out of NZ or Tonga,to come play in Australia at the age of 16 or so,but what about those that have lived in Australia their whole life,gone through the Australian junior systems funded by Australian rugby league and either have played or want to play Origin?Its probably not that big a deal given Australia play very few internationals but if for some reason the NRL and the clubs decide to allow more Test matches,I wonder if Origin eligibility will change and players can only play if they’re available for Australia

Tonga and Samoa must be getting close to being made tier 1 nations. It will be interesting to see what happens when those players are no longer eligible to play State of Origin.

But is it manipulating?Id agree in regards to players that,for e.g. were taken out of NZ or Tonga,to come play in Australia at the age of 16 or so,but what about those that have lived in Australia their whole life,gone through the Australian junior systems funded by Australian rugby league and either have played or want to play Origin?Its probably not that big a deal given Australia play very few internationals but if for some reason the NRL and the clubs decide to allow more Test matches,I wonder if Origin eligibility will change and players can only play if they’re available for Australia

It has been for years with them tossing Origin in front of young kiwis and island boys, Taumalolo was quite vocal years back with how hard Meninga was pushing Qld to him even after saying he wasn’t interested. Benji was another one early on in his career as well that was courted heavily

Was funny hearing Kent call them “mercenaries” when they barely get a bean for playing for Tonga/Samoa etc lol

Can see the point coming where the Island teams are promoted up to tier one and that will make things interesting

Limited category A tickets are all that remain on sale in seated areas for the opening day clash at Headingley Stadium in the Rugby League World Cup.

Fewer than 150 seated general admission tickets are now available for the repeat of the RLWC2017 semi-final fixture between Australia Men and Fiji Men, with the seated areas in the East Stand and North Stand now sold out.

With stars such as Cameron Munster, James Tedesco and Mika Sivo expected to be selected, fans have rushed to secure their seats to see some of the World's best in action at the Yorkshire venue.

Tickets start from £25 for adults and £15 for under 16's and students.

Be there when the world comes to Leeds.

Limited category A tickets are all that remain on sale in seated areas for the opening day clash at Headingley Stadium in the Rugby League World Cup.

Fewer than 150 seated general admission tickets are now available for the repeat of the RLWC2017 semi-final fixture between Australia Men and Fiji Men, with the seated areas in the East Stand and North Stand now sold out.

With stars such as Cameron Munster, James Tedesco and Mika Sivo expected to be selected, fans have rushed to secure their seats to see some of the World's best in action at the Yorkshire venue.

Tickets start from £25 for adults and £15 for under 16's and students.

Be there when the world comes to Leeds.
Glad I got mine well in advance

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4