Woods, Dugan & Johnson…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its hard to recruit in the prop/second row areas with so much rule tinkering. The blues played a lightweght backrow and that went well.

The balance between mobility and big boppers is a moving feast and a crystal ball or a board member at channel 9 would give us the most insight to what void we need to fill next year

Really not sure what Woods would bring to the side
Experience. Don't underestimate its importance! Only Marty and Aloiai have over a hundred games.
Plus he's a big lumbering giant, never going to sprint for a try but always powers over the ad line, not known for indiscipline. So a few pluses really. Not fussed if we miss him but I can understand the interest.

Experience. Don't underestimate its importance! Only Marty and Aloiai have over a hundred games.
Plus he's a big lumbering giant, never going to sprint for a try but always powers over the ad line, not known for indiscipline. So a few pluses really. Not fussed if we miss him but I can understand the interest.
I'd be surprised if he settled for one-third of his current salary, as is being reported. He's always been a Mr Plod type of forward -- hello Nate! -- but at $200,000 he would be a good buy, but only on a year-by-year basis.

While i think we need an old head in the middle, i dont know if woods is right. He has the experience and talent, but does he have the drive anymore? Does he have the "follow me" personality to guide/force a developing pack to go the extra mile like we had in kennedy back in the day?

I'd settle for him being a slight plodder if he would rip in and get the boys revved when needed

While i think we need an old head in the middle, i dont know if woods is right. He has the experience and talent, but does he have the drive anymore? Does he have the "follow me" personality to guide/force a developing pack to go the extra mile like we had in kennedy back in the day?
And do we need that personality with Aloiai now in our squad?

Exactly, i was looking at his stats....besides playing alot of games does he really offer anything? I dont think he has ever played finals footy, his nsw career is nothing to boast about besides losing. So he is not a big game player with good experience....i am off the fence and saying not needed

95% of the time he reverses into the opposition. His nickname is Sharon for a reason. A big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me

95% of the time he reverses into the opposition. His nickname is Sharon for a reason. A big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me
He may not be a metre eater but he is very hard for the opposition to actually get to ground and that means that he is always a chance of an offload and he tends to get quick PTBs

I was against the idea when it was first floated but at 200k and a replacement for Boyle id have him but I don't like the idea of him getting a game ahead of Sipley. At full strength we have Taupau, Aloiai, Paseka and Sipley and that's not even considering Keppie as a prop.

I was against the idea when it was first floated but at 200k and a replacement for Boyle id have him but I don't like the idea of him getting a game ahead of Sipley. At full strength we have Taupau, Aloiai, Paseka and Sipley and that's not even considering Keppie as a prop.
Plus Tenterfield and Davey. But as this season has shown you need more props than you think. As well as injury, props are in the thick of things so they are more likely to get suspensions.

8. Paseka
9. Manase
10. Aloiai
11. Olakatau
12. Keppie
13. Jake

6. Schuster

14. Lawton / Croker
15. Tapau
16. Woods
17. Sipley / Davey

No Boyle, no Jetski, no Sirro... I'm excited...

Edit... I added Croker as an option to Lawton in the 14 - credit where it is due, Froggy is going OK...

At $200k for 1 or 2 seasons (no more), I am buying Woods every day of the week.

I am thinking of guys like Vic Mauro and Mark Bryant and the contribution they made to our premierships. Not flash, but played their part. Woods can do that without doubt.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4