- Mar 16, 2015
- Reaction score
I think we could trim the fat and bring in a decent top player like Capewell (sorry I’m harping on, mentioned it many times).Where are gaps in our team for next year? We almost have too many as it is?
01. Tom Trbojevic / Tolutau Koula
02. Jason Saab / Christian Tuipulotu
03. Morgan Harper / Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker / Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick / Tevita Funa
06. Kieran Foran / Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau / Toafofoa Sipley
09. Manase Fainu / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster / Jack Gosiewski
12. Haumole Olakau'atu / Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic
14. Karl Lawton / Cade Cust
15. Josh Aloiai / Zac Saddler
16. Sean Keppie / Sione Fainu / Alec Tuitavake
17. Curtis Sironen / Ben Trbojevic
Then some emerging players like Jamie Humphreys.
Honestly almost have two squads. I'd be very surprised of we signed anyone outside of our current squad and juniors, and rightfully so.
Having players like Gosiewski, Boyle, and then 4 centre options (dylan, parkwr, harper, suli) doesn’t really make sense, especially with Koula coming through.
Now that Haumole, Saddler etc have all had some game time I think they step up and we let the blokes with less potential go (ala Gosiewski, Boyle, one of the centres). With the development squad players (tuitivake, saddler, weekes) all coming in to take a pro spot contract, and evening it out with a seasoned top quality player who is around 500k would be great. Then I feel we have the squad to compete (if manase is back)
I think Johnson still has a lot to offer but makes no sense given our depth of halves; DCE speaks for himself, Schuster is doing everything to take his #6 jersey, and Foran still has some to offer with his experience. Cust and Weekes as well.
All depends who leaves and goes, only area I can really see an upgrade is 2row. And then if Garrick or Taupau end up leaving we’ll have to fill there spots with some quality players.