(Womens Team) Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could be a directive from the minister of health or something mate to encourage sports (health and wellbeing) - not sure, but I thought the same thing. I'll be donating because:

1. I support our local girls (northern beaches ladies are the top of the pops);
2. I think the diversity and growth in this area is magnificent;
3. The NRL should do anything they can (in all areas) to make this happen.

I can't wait to watch them :)

Good on ya ... but it is important to know what you are donating to.. I think it is the juniors ..

Pherhaps I should add some more context here.

As I have said over and over the Penn family (in my humble opinion) is interested in running a bare bones organisation with little view to expand or further grow the business in any way that requires additional investment / risk.

Why a womens brand? Lets remove the “woke” aspect and talk about the $ a a very high level

1. Increase the brand presence in additional markets
    1. Benefits such as increased memberships, sponsors etc
  2. Increase brand exposure
    1. We are out of the finals…and could still nave the team represented
  3. Additional television revene

Yes all of this requires some work and additional investment far above a chook raffle / doubles approach we are taking.
And investing in womens sport will probably offer less in return than doing nothing and investing that money in a term deposit,subsidise the womans game with a percentage of the compound interest.

Let the women grow the game from the grass roots, generate support, establish viability then have the NRL clubs chime in for the benefits of associating with the success to your three points.(But that wont happen either)

Women watch reality vanity tv men watch competitive team goal orientated sports to have an outlet for our more aggressive, competitive, task orientated natures.

I enjoy womens sport and will watch and pay to watch when i know the performance level on offer is better than i can achieve with little effort or better than a 14-15yr old boys team, this will not happen in physical team sports.

I can watch womens Golf,Tennis and Netball and appreciate the levels achieved along with many Olympic sports.

Seems there are a few dinosaurs around the joint that can't see, or more likely, don't want to see the potential growth in women's sport.

One only has to look at cricket as a prime example of a recent explosion of interest across the world, at an international level, all the way down to community level.

Women watch reality vanity tv men watch competitive team goal orientated sports to have an outlet for our more aggressive, competitive, task orientated natures.

Seriously, this place is becoming a joke with these boomers running rampant with their archaic, unfounded views. But coming from the bloke that openly discriminates against homosexuals, I would expect nothing less. How embarrassing.

Lmao.
This is without question with the dumbest thing I've ever read on ST.

Sorry @BOZO, you are now in 2nd place.

I will be back feathered friend
I am a fighter and I will get my self back to 1st place where I belong !

See the source image

When we are comparing people and Men and Woman we should not generalise but analyse their individual characteristics and some woman have aggressive competitive win at all costs natures
Because that is what it takes to win and be a champion

See the source image

Seriously, this place is becoming a joke with these boomers running rampant with their archaic, unfounded views. But coming from the bloke that openly discriminates against homosexuals, I would expect nothing less. How embarrassing.
Deep down you must not really like yourself or fester some deep resentment. This is why you need project your self appointed moral superiority and grandiose judgments. You clearly don’t appear to be much more than a ideologue who does not really know what it means think for themselves. I could imagine you frothing in the mouth when your internet goes down… btw don’t hit your head in your ascendance to your delusional self appointed sainthood. Btw I am not a baby boomer not that it matters at all. I guess you would not see your own hypocrisy when you use this kind of characterisation which I think is embarrassing for you little sunshine…

When we are comparing people and Men and Woman we should not generalise but analyse their individual characteristics and some woman have aggressive competitive win at all costs natures

See the source image
Agree women can be exactly like men and vice versa. When we look at agres

See the source image
Agree. But when you use statistics and use research across the population….traits are of course shared by both sexes. But if we look at the trait of aggression as an example more men than women possess stronger aspects of this character trait. This supported to a large degree by the fact that there are 10 times more men then women in jail. This statistic seems to be the case across western countries. This statistic is further compounded when we look at violent crime..
So when you look at these kinds of statistics to do market research and tailor products say as an example…violent movies this kind of information becomes very revelant. Marketing is designed to attract men more than females. This is not sexist or not acknowledging individual capabilities
Womens rugby league is now being put forward as a product like the mens this kind information is very important in gauging what markets it best attracts. @Technical Coach is correct in my view in making his related points.

Agree women can be exactly like men and vice versa. When we look at agres

Agree. But when you use statistics and use research across the population….traits are of course shared by both sexes. But if we look at the trait of aggression as an example more men than women possess stronger aspects of this character trait. This supported to a large degree by the fact that there are 10 times more men then women in jail. This statistic seems to be the case across western countries. This statistic is further compounded when we look at violent crime..
So when you look at these kinds of statistics to do market research and tailor products say as an example…violent movies this kind of information becomes very revelant. Marketing is designed to attract men more than females. This is not sexist or not acknowledging individual capabilities
Womens rugby league is now being put forward as a product like the mens this kind information is very important in gauging what markets it best attracts. @Technical Coach is correct in my view in making his related points.
I disagree
People are individuals . They are not statistics but have their own personal characteristics
We will agree to disagree
Have a great day :)

I disagree
People are individuals . They are not statistics but have their own personal characteristics
We will agree to disagree
Have a great day :)
I 100% respect your view mate. I actually also 100% agree. But business and politics don’t unfortunately always work in this way and use statistics as described to make decisions… have a great day also :)

And investing in womens sport will probably offer less in return than doing nothing and investing that money in a term deposit,subsidise the womans game with a percentage of the compound interest.

Let the women grow the game from the grass roots, generate support, establish viability then have the NRL clubs chime in for the benefits of associating with the success to your three points.(But that wont happen either)

I enjoy womens sport and will watch and pay to watch when i know the performance level on offer is better than i can achieve with little effort or better than a 14-15yr old boys team, this will not happen in physical team sports.

I can watch womens Golf,Tennis and Netball and appreciate the levels achieved along with many Olympic sports.
What a load - so much so I do not even know where to start

1. "women watch" is pretty sexist generalist statement which is not true. There is plenty of research around which shows that the amount of women watching sport increases (especially in the "casual" fan category. If only there was a way to increase the viewing of the sport by say...increasing the comp?
2. Investing in women sports is actually a smarter investment than men's due to the lower entry costs

If you fancy have a read of this Women’s sports revenue and monetization | Deloitte Insights
Which highlights the opportunities for female brands. Again this would require investment from an ownership perspective which they are clearly not keen to do

3. Re standard I m believer that with increased investment , much like the dawn of professionalism in all sports, will see an increase in level. Take rugby 7's which has seen an increase in funding and an direct increase in the level of play

In my (near) perfect world this is the straw that breaks the Penn back. Closer scrutiny of how they underfund the operation might embarrass them to the point of selling up.

Rumours have circulated (well, from Weidler) that Rick and Heather want out, but Sonny Boy still wants his plaything (from afar).

A major irritant - Peters directly and via his acolytes (like Read, Ritchie and Rothfield) spreading the rugba league equivalent of fake news - that it’s all Hasler’s fault.

Deep down you must not really like yourself or fester some deep resentment. This is why you need project your self appointed moral superiority and grandiose judgments. You clearly don’t appear to be much more than a ideologue who does not really know what it means think for themselves. I could imagine you frothing in the mouth when your internet goes down… btw don’t hit your head in your ascendance to your delusional self appointed sainthood. Btw I am not a baby boomer not that it matters at all. I guess you would not see your own hypocrisy when you use this kind of characterisation which I think is embarrassing for you little sunshine…

Yeah, nah.
Nice try though.

As a boomer .. I have decided to ditch my antiquated unfounded old views ... and accept the new "intellect" ...

MEN can give birth too ...

Now I am hip and cool ..

How progressive of you. Enjoy your new found openness.

What a load - so much so I do not even know where to start

1. "women watch" is pretty sexist generalist statement which is not true. There is plenty of research around which shows that the amount of women watching sport increases (especially in the "casual" fan category. If only there was a way to increase the viewing of the sport by say...increasing the comp?
2. Investing in women sports is actually a smarter investment than men's due to the lower entry costs

If you fancy have a read of this Women’s sports revenue and monetization | Deloitte Insights
Which highlights the opportunities for female brands. Again this would require investment from an ownership perspective which they are clearly not keen to do

3. Re standard I m believer that with increased investment , much like the dawn of professionalism in all sports, will see an increase in level. Take rugby 7's which has seen an increase in funding and an direct increase in the level of play
Crowds peak in the first few years due to the novelty factor and token gesture support then trend downwards year after year until it flatlines, NRL will be subsidizing the sport for the next 100yrs at least.

Most NRL teams can't even turn a profit as it is and we are now funnelling money into an almost guaranteed loss making womans sport, yeah that is real smart.

"Rough contact team sports" will struggle to gain popularity numbers with women to make it sustainable, Mothers already don't want their boys playing Rugby League as it is now, why would they turn up in huge numbers to watch women rough contact sports.

You can talk about "highlights the possibilities for female brands" or any opportunities in general as much as you like but the facts on viewership and general profitability with female team sports show little potential growth medium to long term.

Female solo sports totally different story along with Netball.

If women want to be taken seriously support your female team sports in numbers it's that simple, if there is continued growth without NRL subsidies for many years NRL clubs will then consider investing to speed up the growth for mutual financial benefit, until then we are wasting our time.

Many of the supporter base and a decent percentage of the participation in rough contact female team sports is derived by a particular demographic that makes up less than 15% at best of the population and with Australia having such a small population the time is just not right to invest money into such leagues.

The NBA is still subsizing the majority of the WNBA and crowds have trended downwards for the most part of 20yrs so what chance has Australia got with such a small population.

As Jordan Peterson states "as societies become more egalitarian, personality differences across genders maximize" we are wasting time promoting using subsidies, but i'm in favour of women promoting the sports they are interested in to generate more support and financial growth.

See the source image
I've stated before solo women sport, Olympic events and Netball is where money should be invested in female sport, not rough contact team sports like League,Rugby and Football/Soccer.

There is profit and financial sustainability in the above options i listed in favour of along with great participation numbers.

Female Soccer will generate half decent participation numbers and occasionally good viewership and attendances at International World Cup tournaments but club teams will struggle financially and require subsidizing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4