(Womens Team) Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously, this place is becoming a joke with these boomers running rampant with their archaic, unfounded views. But coming from the bloke that openly discriminates against homosexuals, I would expect nothing less. How embarrassing.
Gen X here, the last generation with a healthy balance of left and right wing views.

Lmao.
This is without question with the dumbest thing I've ever read on ST.

Sorry @BOZO, you are now in 2nd place.
Look up the viewership numbers for reality tv and vanity tv and who makes up the greater proportion of viewers along with what is advertised during this period.

Womens money goes into making women like Paris Hilton and KK near billionaires says it all where most womens viewing tastes lie.

For men it is male sporting athletes is where our money and viewership is directed.

@SeaEagleRock8 can you please provide me a list of appropriate references I can use in the future please ? I just want make sure I comply with your stringent sensibilities in the future.
I am fan of George Orwell. What do you think mate?
This quote reminds me of you. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

My opinion and you are welcome to shut me down...

I enjoy women's sport whether it be football, cricket, netball, two up (Yes I accept Lingerie NFL really ain't a sport and very sexist for audiences....that's for you Lollypops) is great because they are not played by a bunch of tosses. It's fun, they have fun and each sport is played in great spirit. It is fun to watch.

I can't wait for us to have a NRL team, great decision to resign Boyle, great way to invite the team captain to the team! Go Millie!!!

FFS this is actually worse than Bozo quoting Herschel Walker.
Much worse
The difference is i didn't quote to look good i quoted this line because it is a statment made off the back of research in line with my thinking angle on a related subject.

My views are not that outlandish when you read up on such research, it's just the left refuse to see things from all angles because it is not "politically correct" to do so.

Crowds peak in the first few years due to the novelty factor and token gesture support then trend downwards year after year until it flatlines, NRL will be subsidizing the sport for the next 100yrs at least.

Most NRL teams can't even turn a profit as it is and we are now funnelling money into an almost guaranteed loss making womans sport, yeah that is real smart.

"Rough contact team sports" will struggle to gain popularity numbers with women to make it sustainable, Mothers already don't want their boys playing Rugby League as it is now, why would they turn up in huge numbers to watch women rough contact sports.

You can talk about "highlights the possibilities for female brands" or any opportunities in general as much as you like but the facts on viewership and general profitability with female team sports show little potential growth medium to long term.

Female solo sports totally different story along with Netball.

If women want to be taken seriously support your female team sports in numbers it's that simple, if there is continued growth without NRL subsidies for many years NRL clubs will then consider investing to speed up the growth for mutual financial benefit, until then we are wasting our time.

Many of the supporter base and a decent percentage of the participation in rough contact female team sports is derived by a particular demographic that makes up less than 15% at best of the population and with Australia having such a small population the time is just not right to invest money into such leagues.

The NBA is still subsizing the majority of the WNBA and crowds have trended downwards for the most part of 20yrs so what chance has Australia got with such a small population.

As Jordan Peterson states "as societies become more egalitarian, personality differences across genders maximize" we are wasting time promoting using subsidies, but i'm in favour of women promoting the sports they are interested in to generate more support and financial growth.
For a smart man you have not kept up with the economics of league and how they actually make money - especially the Penn family.

My view is that the women’s team is a smart investment but one which the Penn family has shown they are reluctant to do (and I have my theories on why). This is not a subsidy rather an investment

As a boomer .. I have decided to ditch my antiquated unfounded old views ... and accept the new "intellect" ...

MEN can give birth too ...

Now I am hip and cool ..
90S Swag GIF

Happy Dance GIF by 60 Second Docs

For a smart man you have not kept up with the economics of league and how they actually make money - especially the Penn family.

My view is that the women’s team is a smart investment but one which the Penn family has shown they are reluctant to do (and I have my theories on why). This is not a subsidy rather an investment
Well said I am 100% behind us investing in a women’s team taken way too long already and should of already happened, just wish penn would fully fund it himself or not rely on donations.

Well said I am 100% behind us investing in a women’s team taken way too long already and should of already happened, just wish penn would fully fund it himself or not rely on donations.

From my reading of the media ... the donations are for the funding of WOMENS JUNIOR RUGBY LEAGUE comps in Manly Warringah .... and not for the funding of a Sea Eagles NRLW team ...

Tarsa Gale cup is a junior age rep team ...

Sounds like wishy washy statements dressed up as facts, give me the hard figures that shows Penn and Manly are swimming in money at the moment.

You can easily search online for the long term trends in female team sport viewership numbers trending downwards at a steady rate after the initial peak and it is rare to find cold hard profits other than a few isolated cases.

As stated women prefer to bitch and moan about other woman not raise and support each other hence the viewership in reality tv, romance based shows and style shows.

For the most part(but not in all cases) you can pick out the type of female demographic attracted to rough or physical teams sports who will sustain participation rates and attend games, men will outnumber women in the crowd still.(mostly relatives, friends or partners of the players playing)

Sounds like wishy washy statements dressed up as facts, give me the hard figures that shows Penn and Manly are swimming in money at the moment.

You can easily search online for the long term trends in female team sport viewership numbers trending downwards at a steady rate after the initial peak and it is rare to find cold hard profits other than a few isolated cases.

As stated women prefer to bitch and moan about other woman not raise and support each other hence the viewership in reality tv, romance based shows and style shows.

For the most part(but not in all cases) you can pick out the type of female demographic attracted to rough or physical teams sports who will sustain participation rates and attend games, men will outnumber women in the crowd still.(mostly relatives, friends or partners of the players playing)
How about the fact that the NRL covers the cap? Off field costs are now capped as well

Are you that naive to think that combined with the leagues club asset stripping the Penn family, now, are not making a nice return either through direct revenue or otherwise?

Whilst we do not have revenue figures for a private listed company when combine the sponsorship, membership and ground revenue you have to be blind freddy to not understand the money they are making.

Finally "as stated women prefer to bitch and moan" is about as sexist as you can get

It is not just about who will watch the women's game .... it is about how many women, as consumers, can be brought to support Rubgy League ..... they are 50% of the population ..

As I said in an earlier post ... any glance at the crowds this year will show that the number of women attending games has grown exponentially over the past few years .... and everyone of them is wearing a club jersey, scarf and cap ... drinking lite beers and eating sausage rolls . .... and all that is revenue for clubs and the NRL ....

If it's so easy to find, then please provide these numbers that show viewership is going down.

You wonder why no one takes you seriously with bull$hit like this. What a flog.

I must admit when I was watching the womens NRL i was having a pretty good perve. Women come in so many wonderful shapes and sizes. A question to the more puritan silvertails….Is it ok to perve when watching the woman’s NRL? Looking for honest answers.. Thanks RP..

I must admit when I was watching the womens NRL i was having a pretty good perve. Women come in so many wonderful shapes and sizes. A question to the more puritan silvertails….Is it ok to perve when watching the woman’s NRL? Looking for honest answers.. Thanks RP..

Depends if you are fantasizing in the correct pronoun ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6