Wolfman's no Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Anyone see that little scum Luke Burt go in with the boot, when Hayne held the ball up over the line? Isn't that a reportable offense?

Also, their first try, Hayne passed the ball before a white line, his winger took it well AFTER that same white line. Forward pass.

I thought the refereeing was terrible again - sorry

Ryan said:
Anyone see that little scum Luke Burt go in with the boot, when Hayne held the ball up over the line? Isn't that a reportable offense?

Yep, it looked dodgy but will Burt be charged? I think not. Won't hear anything more about it.

There several questionable incidents that were overlooked, e.g. DCE being taken out, and agree the refereeing was poor.

Ryan said:
Anyone see that little scum Luke Burt go in with the boot, when Hayne held the ball up over the line?

Yep, I saw it too and I mentioned that earlier tonight in the game thread

forward passes..... Doesntmatta's last try, the pass was 5 m forward, no mention, actually he was praised " what a great pass" in fact how does he get so much praise? he had an ordinary game... forward passes ... kicks out on the full, the bloke plays 3 good games a season.... maybe im just picking..... or maybe not :D

SP_Eagle said:
forward passes..... Doesntmatta's last try, the pass was 5 m forward, no mention, actually he was praised " what a great pass" in fact how does he get so much praise? he had an ordinary game... forward passes ... kicks out on the full, the bloke plays 3 good games a season.... maybe im just picking..... or maybe not :D

If Hayne wasn't there Manly win that game comfortably. He did some bad things but he was their best player and the only threat.

Ryan said:

Also, their first try, Hayne passed the ball before a white line, his winger took it well AFTER that same white line. Forward pass.

I thought the refereeing was terrible again - sorry

Nothing to be sorry about Ryan, great post.

The quality of refereeing was deplorable all night, average effort from the supposed best Ref in the game. While I didn't see Luke Burt leading with the legs (haven't watched the replay properly yet) the pass that led to the first Parramatta try was a mile forward, we could see it from the top of the hill. Surely that touchy will have to be reprimanded for that screw up. How do 4 referees all get on the field & miss a pass that is near 5m forward? Unacceptable.

refereeing was all over the place.

The 10m was anything from 10 - 15m all in the same set, same ref.

I had this argument with a friend who is a Parra supporter. She told me I was blind to think that the pass for the 1st Parra try was forward. As I said to her, how can it be backwards when you throw it from before the line and catch it after the line?????

You are trying to explain geometry to a parra fan?

Any one heard of momentum? Seriously if you want to look at forward passes have a look at the one DCE threw in the lead up to our last try.

Agreed Ryan, the refs were poor last night. Forward passes let go and Parramatta standing off side all night. I thought I saw the ref hold a parra player back by the jumper at one stage. Did anyone else see that? If the player is in front of the ref surely that's a penalty. Anyway, looking at the replay, I have to turn the sound off as Big-nose is having a Hayne love fest.

Fonz said:
Any one heard of momentum? Seriously if you want to look at forward passes have a look at the one DCE threw in the lead up to our last try.

Have another look, DCE was about a metre from the line and the ball was caught by Brett about the same distance from the 40 line

The DCE pass looked fine on the replay.

Thought that Wolfman's no try should have been given 'Benefit of the Doubt'. Alternatively their double-movement try should not have been awarded and we would have been even Stevens...
Not to worry, still won and maintained our healthy kill ratio over the Parra(doesn't)matta Men. 77 wins to 44 with 3 or 4 draws thrown in.

Thy still go on about this great rivalry between the Clubs. That only lasted a decade or so from the mid-70s to mid-80s. Then they slid back into the habitual mediocrity (11 1st grade wooden spoons - the all-time champions) that has been the hallmark of that 'great' Club's history....

Fonz said:

The "momentum" argument had nothing to do with either of Hayne's passes for tries. Hayne stopped dead both times to pass. Both of Hayne's had a huge white line between him and where the team mate caught it.

DCE's pass (on replay) went straight across the field.

SP_Eagle said:
I dont know some people in here rate him..:dodgy: the media got to them..
over rated over paid plays a total of 30 minutes if he is lucky out 80, & sometimes thats all in one half..

Fonz said:

I thought it might have been as well at first glance but on the replay it was clearly flat. A great pass actually. I thought the commentators should have given DCE more credit for our last try. That pass started it all, and it was not easy.

Brissie Kid said:
Fonz said:

The "momentum" argument had nothing to do with either of Hayne's passes for tries. Hayne stopped dead both times to pass. Both of Hayne's had a huge white line between him and where the team mate caught it.

DCE's pass (on replay) went straight across the field.

Mate watch the replay again and if you still stand by your comment that Hayne had "stopped dead" you are either blind or an idiot.

How many times do we have to go through this. It is acceptable for the football to float forward from the point it was thrown if it has been thrown backwards.

Or word for word from the NRL Rule Book;

1. Direction of Pass: The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

the refereeing was hopless. Hindmarsh blatenly knocked on in front of his posts. Parra hardly marked up correctly

Even our boys were sluggish in one or two tackles when i though we would have got penalised.

Very inconsistent.

What pisses me off, and not just in this game is the tendency of the ref to call a knock on regardless of the direction the ball is lost in. Last night one knock on clearly went backwards and was regathered, and should be play on.

Lost ball does not always mean knock on, but these days as soon as there is a lack of control the refs call knock on.

On the forward pass rule, there are certain players in the NRL are allowed to throw as many as they like, they even get them labeled as 'great cut out passes' by the media again and again, Thurstan, Hayne, Carney, Marshal, Gasnier, Slater, Inglis. It seems like there is an ignore rule for these guys. And the reason is that the linesman has no reason to call it.

If they call it and get it wrong, unlike a ref they can and will be sacked when the big name player complains. If they call it and get it right they get no credit, and if they don't call it and it was a forward pass no one seems to hold them responsible anyway.

This rant is not specific to last night, but certainly there were a few in the game, personally I thought the reffing was horrid, both ways.

For instance how could the wolfman try not be benifit of the doubt? It was definition BOD, the only reason it wasn't was the defending player was Hayne.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2