• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/nz-coach-kearney-wrong-about-justin/story-fngr8iii-1226694348357
Zorba's View
August 10, 2013

THE Wolfman, David Williams, has his mojo back and the bearded one is back to his best on Manly's lethal right-hand side of the field.

Wolfy has been dynamic in recent weeks and back to the form which saw him win a premiership and an Australian jersey in his first season with Manly in 2008. His management and the Sea Eagles are working hard to see him stay at the club.:angel:

That would be welcomed by Manly fans, who love nothing better than a gut wrenching howl under a full moon in a night match at Brookvale.
---------------------------------------

Also wishing Wolfie a just hearing on the 13th at the Courts, for defending his mate Horo at the Cross :angel::angel:

Manly hopeful of retaining Wolfman
Date
August 10, 2013 - 4:09PM

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-hopeful-of-retaining-wolfman-20130810-2roo7.html

Manly are hopeful of securing the services of David Williams for another three seasons with an offer tabled to the former representative winger's management.

Williams has put his injury woes behind him following a horrible run of luck over the last four years that's resulted in the 27-year-old sitting out the 2010 campaign with a shoulder injury, breaking his neck in 2011 and rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament against Brisbane last year.

His 18 appearances this season are the most he's made since breaking into the NSW side in 2009 and his form has been red-hot with five tries in his last five games to help catapult the Sea Eagles into third spot on the ladder.

Geoff Toovey's side take on the Warriors on Sunday in Gosford in a repeat of the 2011 grand final and the club is hopeful his management can rubber stamp the new deal to keep him at the club for rest of his career.

Advertisement
"We have room in the cap to keep David and we want him to stay," a club official told AAP.

"We are just waiting to hear back from his management team now, but confident we can announce something soon.

"The ball is in their court so to speak."

Williams has been a key part of the success of the Sea Eagles over the last six years after making his debut in the grand final-winning season in 2008.

After seeing the likes of Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Steve Matai, Brett Stewart and Justin Horo all re-commit to the club, he is keen to do likewise.

"I'd love to stay, it's a great group of people... I would like to finish my career out here," Williams said.

"But it's up to my management and the club at the moment."

After putting his injury issues on the backburner, Williams is flourishing in a high-octane attack that has clocked up 198 points in the last five games.

However, he is not relishing the task of coming up against a Warriors side he ranks as one of the dark horses to make an impact in the finals.

Matt Elliott's side have lost just two of their last nine and recently beat Melbourne.

And although they are currently just outside the top eight, Williams expects the men from across the Tasman to feature in September.

"If they decide to put consistent football together they can beat anyone," he said.

"When you have a six foot four winger who's five foot wide like Manu Vatuvei running at you it's not fun."

Stevo said:
It's called the caveman diet. Lots of blokes use it.

http://www.cavemanpower.com/food/diet_and_eating.htm

Although, Wolfman takes it a step further eating raw meat.

Sometimes also called the paleolithic diet, these guys also include times of fasting in their routine (went hunting but didn't catch any game into the equation).

DSM5 said:
Hopefully the raw eating thing will help him adjust to staying on his wing.

Might be all that extra energy he is getting from his food that gets him over excited.

Must be resigned as a matter of urgency . We have won 28 of our last 29 games that Wolfie has scored in . An amazing stat , and good enough for me

A rebranding of the diet to the Wolfman diet would be a nice earn on the side for Wolfie. Make it real easy to put pen to paper and stay at Manly.

Crusher_Cleal said:
He's certainly outplaying Jorge at the moment. Playing like a man/wolf possessed.

I wonder if any consideration is being given to picking Hiku on the wing instead of Jorge. I like Jorge but Hiku has displayed some dynamic running when he's had his chances.

mickqld said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
He's certainly outplaying Jorge at the moment. Playing like a man/wolf possessed.

I wonder if any consideration is being given to picking Hiku on the wing instead of Jorge. I like Jorge but Hiku has displayed some dynamic running when he's had his chances.
Not often Buzz gets it right, but he is spot on here.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/phil-rothfield-runs-through-his-nrl-team-of-the-year-as-the-competition-gets-to-business-end/story-fn2mcuj6-1226695192430#.UggSKdIyaSo

Wingers: Jorge Taufua and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Probably the most difficult choice because so many have emerged this year and played better than the established representative wingers. We've gone for the Sea Eagles' Jorge Taufua as first choice. He has to be there on Fox Sports statistics which show, going into yesterday's game against the Warriors, he has broken the line 25 times this season (the most of any player). He has also scored 16 tries, ran 145m per game and made more metres (2748) this season than any player. The Roosters' Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is on the other wing. What a player! The boys at the Wests Tigers, Tim Simona and David Nofoaluma, are extra special. Penrith's Dave Simmons has held his own every week against the best in the competition.

mickqld said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

When Jorge is on he is one of the best wingers in the game. He can be a real weapon for us. Hope he clicks in the coming weeks.

wombatgc said:
mickqld said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

Not often Buzz gets it right, but he is spot on here.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/phil-rothfield-runs-through-his-nrl-team-of-the-year-as-the-competition-gets-to-business-end/story-fn2mcuj6-1226695192430#.UggSKdIyaSo

Wingers: Jorge Taufua and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Probably the most difficult choice because so many have emerged this year and played better than the established representative wingers. We've gone for the Sea Eagles' Jorge Taufua as first choice. He has to be there on Fox Sports statistics which show, going into yesterday's game against the Warriors, he has broken the line 25 times this season (the most of any player). He has also scored 16 tries, ran 145m per game and made more metres (2748) this season than any player. The Roosters' Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is on the other wing. What a player! The boys at the Wests Tigers, Tim Simona and David Nofoaluma, are extra special. Penrith's Dave Simmons has held his own every week against the best in the competition.

Well that crushes that idea. what a great position to be in when we have some quality guys like Hiku, Gutherson waiting in the wings.

Wolfie is so also refreshingly good at saying what he thinks & what often we all think! I love him!

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-hopeful-of-retaining-wolfman-20130810-2roo7.html

"When you have a six foot four winger who's five foot wide like Manu Vatuvei running at you it's not fun."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/run-rabbitohs-run-because-wolfman-says-hes-not-at-top-of-his-game-yet-20130811-2rq97.html

The clash with the Rabbitohs might mean an occasional contest with fullback Greg Inglis looking to return from a knee injury.

''That's always fun,'' Williams said. ''I haven't been a speed bump for a while.''

Jorge is the competitions equal 2nd highest try scorer with 16 tries and Wolfie is equal 3rd with 14.
I would'nt swap them for any other wingers in the comp.

His interview with stumpy (on the Manly site) was pretty funny as well.

Hope he stays.

Really hope Wolfman remains with the club. He really looks rejuvenated and getting back to his best, after being a tad off the pace earlier on in the season. I think Snakes return has really lifted our whole backline to the level which we expect and are used too. Wolfman is definite proof of that. Also as was mentioned yesterday, when Williams scores
we pretty much win, so he is our very own talisman as well.

Wolfman has played 86 first grade games since his debut in 2008
Jorge has played 41 since his debut in 2011.
Just shows how Wolf's injuries have hurt his career. On the bright side he should have many seasons left in him at a high quality.

^ well he should divide his contract into cash per games.

Add up amount he cost us being injured.

Take that amount off his next contract asking price.

And all's well!

Wolfie should just get 10k per try, 25k per double in a game, 50k per hat-trick and 100k per quadruple - then everyone would be satisfied:idea:

His getting the MOM was just reward for his prowling up and down for a good 200m and pulling the Beast over the sideline with a copybook tackle.:angel:

Gee wolfie, How's coming 30 metres off your wing continually working out for you??

Lucky Souths passing game was off as we'd been done by 20 or so more points.

Even Gus has highlighted it.

Also, tis a shame you now have the habit of pointing your right toe outwards when diving for the line. Old footage shows that wasn't the case.

May have just snuck in another try if you kept it straight.

Wolfie and Jorge both let in tries due to Manly's compressed defence. Gus also highlighted this strategy.

Wolfie also had his right ACL replaced last year, so the algnment issue is not voluntary!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6