Wolfman hoping for new Manly NRL deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wolfie, if you want closure follow these steps:

1) ask club for contract,

2) sign said contract.

problem over!

:)

I love Wolfie, and nothing would please me more than for him to stay injury free. It's disheartening seeing him injured consistently, which is obviously acting as a roadblock in current negotiations.

Another 4 this weekend Wolfie.

hard one, I'm sure he makes extra bucks with the modelling stuff as well! Problem is we have lost our back ups with whare and oldfield so we can't really afford to have a winger out most of the games.

We really need Wolfy to stay & sign on for 2013. After so many injuries I think he would be realistic about his contract bargaining position. He seems to be the kind of guy who will do well in life once he hangs up the boots but at 25 hopefully he still has plenty of good footy years in front of him. He is a class act with a heart as big as Pharlap. It's heart breaking that he has only played 60 games over 4 1/2 seasons, just hoping he can now stay injury free for the rest of the season.

Go hard Wolfy & keep scoring 4 pointers! :D

$180k to $200k from mine. In saying that I really have no idea what wingers are actually worth. But I would think that is around the average contract of a NRL player if the salary cap is around the $4 million mark. The average contract seems fair.

Wolfman is great to watch but only playing 60 games in 5 seasons makes Wolfy a very expensive player, I know he scored 4 times on the weekend but they were all part of back line moves.
IMHO who ever you play on the outside of Jammie they will always score tries and if we keep Wolfman we will need to sign another winger to cover for him, it's a hard one:-/

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
bob dylan said:
If he wants one cent over $120K it bye bye wolfie.
Have to agree i think he spends more time of the field,than on the field.
When he is on the field he is inspirational . Lets give him $150K :D

Eagle1188 said:
Wolfman is great to watch but only playing 60 games in 5 seasons makes Wolfy a very expensive player, I know he scored 4 times on the weekend but they were all part of back line moves.
IMHO who ever you play on the outside of Jammie they will always score tries and if we keep Wolfman we will need to sign another winger to cover for him, it's a hard one:-/

Disagree to an extent. His kick returns are excellent, while he does often cross the line from back line moves that are fed to him on a platter by Lyon, DCE and the Stewarts, there are plenty of other tries that he uses plenty of strength to get across the line when he should be stopped comfortably by opposition. He also plays a part in some pretty creative pieces like DCE's try in round 1. Few wingers would have created anything from being millimeters away from the sideline with Manu on their back. When fit, I still think he's one of the best wingers going round.

I think he is worth just as much to Manly off the field as on. He gets the kids through the turnstiles and my kids love listening to the wolfman howls from the crowd every time he scores. He is promoter's dream.

He is inspirational and fearless on the field and only knows one speed - flat chat.

I can't put a value on what all that is worth but I really think he should be retained.

firechild said:
Disagree to an extent. His kick returns are excellent, while he does often cross the line from back line moves that are fed to him on a platter by Lyon, DCE and the Stewarts, there are plenty of other tries that he uses plenty of strength to get across the line when he should be stopped comfortably by opposition. He also plays a part in some pretty creative pieces like DCE's try in round 1. Few wingers would have created anything from being millimeters away from the sideline with Manu on their back. When fit, I still think he's one of the best wingers going round.
Too true, I can't disagree with any of that and I totally agree when he is fit he is one of the best wingers doing the rounds but that's the problem the time he is out with injuries compared to the time spent on the field, hopefully he will stay but at a realistic price:)

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
bob dylan said:

Have to disagree... Pay him what he is worth. He is easily the best winger at the club...... injuries can happen to anyone. It's luck of the draw.

bones said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
bob dylan said:

Have to disagree... Pay him what he is worth. He is easily the best winger at the club...... injuries can happen to anyone. It's luck of the draw.
Yes and he's due for some good luck injury wise.

He's a quality winger work 200k

Frank said:
I think he is worth just as much to Manly off the field as on. He gets the kids through the turnstiles and my kids love listening to the wolfman howls from the crowd every time he scores. He is promoter's dream.

He is inspirational and fearless on the field and only knows one speed - flat chat.

I can't put a value on what all that is worth but I really think he should be retained.

The Wolfie's Howlers Charity Sponsor is just one example of the Wolfman's promotional value to the Club.

47 tries in 60 games is not merely him falling over the line from Jamie's offloads. He positions himself to complete the movement.

That last minute try in Brisbane was started by his catching the ball, supporting the play with a torn hamstring and falling over to score the match winner :angel: He then refused to walk off the field till he limped over to the MWTS Bay to give us an appreciative howl :D

His self deprication is examplied by us not hearing of his Contract negotiations till all the 'big fish' were signed by Manly.

He is a must have IMO, such a happy disposition must rub off on the Team as well as us Supporters. :angel:

I sensed in his answer that he was frustrated with the length of time it's taking to come up with a deal. We need to keep him if we can.

Geeze. Hoppa Jrn is being paid $850,000 and people on here are begrudging the Wolfman $150,000! Ridiculous. As several have stated, he has such great marketing cache that it should earn him 25% on top of his footballing salary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7