Winterstein to re-sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I dont mind him .
Full marks to our coaching staff who turned a 30 year old journey man into a fine player . Not fantastic but he does a fine job
Frank played 5 games for the bulldogs in 2008 at the age of 22
In 2009 he played 9 games in the Super league for Wakefield
In 2010-2011 he played 49 games for the Crusaders
In 2012-2013 he played he played 50 games for Widnes
In 2014-2015 he played Japanese rugby
Frank is the ..........
m2168211.jpg

brad

First Grader
Full marks to our coaching staff who turned a 30 year old journey man into a fine player . Not fantastic but he does a fine job
Frank played 5 games for the bulldogs in 2008 at the age of 22
In 2009 he played 9 games in the Super league for Wakefield
In 2010-2011 he played 49 games for the Crusaders
In 2012-2013 he played he played 50 games for Widnes
In 2014-2015 he played Japanese rugby
Frank is the ..........
View attachment 5908
Yer mate that sums him up , the quiet achiever. Not brilliant but gets the job done .

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I just want to see a little more in attack. Happy with his progress, but he needs to step it up a notch now IMO.

Agree. He has the size and speed to be an absolute weapon. I reckon there is still plenty of upside in him and he is like a good bottle of red getting better with age.

court83

Bencher
Glad to keep him, but imo our back row needs to stand up and make more runs out of our own half...
Very noticable in the penny game, when we are working our way out of our own 20, the wingers and centres were taking all the runs... The backs are supposed to help out, esp when the games in the later stages, not do ALL of it... Very frustrating to watch the 90kg guys trying to work it out from the get go while the 100+ back rowers are nowhere to be seen

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Glad to keep him, but imo our back row needs to stand up and make more runs out of our own half...
Very noticable in the penny game, when we are working our way out of our own 20, the wingers and centres were taking all the runs... The backs are supposed to help out, esp when the games in the later stages, not do ALL of it... Very frustrating to watch the 90kg guys trying to work it out from the get go while the 100+ back rowers are nowhere to be seen
Tend to agree here. Think he has been pretty average of late. He started to come good after rd 3/4 and then has been just okay last 6-7 rounds. It could be a part of the game plan to have him concentrate more on defense, not sure but for mine, needs to go looking for the ball more.

Freagle

Bencher
That's cos our forwards were absolutely knackered because some bastard useless wanker ref made them make a billion more tackles than the Penriff players...the backs were doing what good team players do, recognising they needed to step up and help out.

court83

Bencher
That's cos our forwards were absolutely knackered because some bastard useless wanker ref made them make a billion more tackles than the Penriff players...the backs were doing what good team players do, recognising they needed to step up and help out.
Been happening all year. The backs doing the majority of the hit ups from the opening bell... I understand good backs get in and take the load off the forwards, but its not supposed to start in the first 10 minutes

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Been happening all year. The backs doing the majority of the hit ups from the opening bell... I understand good backs get in and take the load off the forwards, but its not supposed to start in the first 10 minutes
The reason our defence has been strong on the edges this season is because our game plan involves the backrowers taking minimal hit ups so they can be fresh for defending. The number one cause of bad reads and missed tackles on the edges is fatigue...when the brain is starved of oxygen it doesn't function at his optimum capacity.

Our backs take a couple of runs and the middles have a couple before the halves get an opportunity to play a bit of footy. I have also noticed that Sirro and Frank take runs in our own half, but rarely do they ever help ruck the ball out of our danger zone. It's a very obvious tactic from Barrett.

The Who

Journey Man
The reason our defence has been strong on the edges this season is because our game plan involves the backrowers taking minimal hit ups so they can be fresh for defending. The number one cause of bad reads and missed tackles on the edges is fatigue...when the brain is starved of oxygen it doesn't function at his optimum capacity.

Our backs take a couple of runs and the middles have a couple before the halves get an opportunity to play a bit of footy. I have also noticed that Sirro and Frank take runs in our own half, but rarely do they ever help ruck the ball out of our danger zone. It's a very obvious tactic from Barrett.
Informative. But don't backs get tired, too? Aren't big forwards better suited to crash-and-bash? Why aren't backs credited with hit-ups when they are doing this grunt work?

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Informative. But don't backs get tired, too? Aren't big forwards better suited to crash-and-bash? Why aren't backs credited with hit-ups when they are doing this grunt work?
It's all to do with the amount of defence the backs have to do. The further from the middle of the field you are, the less defence you do. You look at the tackle counts each week and the hooker, props and edge backrowers are always at the top of the count.

Once upon a time, the grunt work was primarily the domain of the pack, but nowadays, the wingers are just as big as the forwards in many instances. I think Sailor and Tuqiri really pioneered the big powerful winger and the game evolved in such a way that this tactic is used by all clubs. We seem to place a particular emphasis on it because we have the type of players that can execute this ploy; Taufua and Uate are excellent at getting us out of trouble. I also think the added bonus is the backs are agile and generally wedge between defenders and can get a quick play-the-ball.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14