Winterstein to re-sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mitch

Bencher
SEA EAGLE TO STAY

Manly backrower Frank Winterstein is on the verge of putting pen to paper on a new deal.

Earlier this year, Fox Sports’ Market Watch revealed the backrower was in advanced talks with the club and now Private Ryan can reveal he’s set to complete negotiations on a two-year extension.

The 30-year-old joined the club late last year after stints in the Super League and rugby on an 18-month contract.

Recruited to the club by assistant coach John Cartwright, the former Bulldog left the Australia national rugby sevens team for one last crack at the NRL.

Having nailed down a starting role in Trent Barrett’s team, the Samoan international will remain at Narrabeen until the end of 2019.

I hope Frank can keep improving and finally produce you tube highlights of his greatest hits
images.jpg

Has been very consistent and reliable for Manly this season and with Siro and Lane also available for next season , would seem to provide some solid back row depth . If the club also retains Bainbridge and Jamil Hopa , perhaps there won"t be much more interest in recruiting additional back row acquisitions for next season.

I like this signing. I think he is a really underrated defender and is a big reason why we are able to nullify opposition attacking raids down that left edge. He has a tough job protecting Blake Green and is doing it nicely.

He is also part of the "team" now and knows our structures and systems and plays big minutes. Even if we do happen to dip into the market for another backrower, the chances of our starting backrow playing an entire season unscathed is 100/1 so Frank will feature somewhere.

Handy player to have.
My preferred s/row pair would be Sirro and Lane
I think that Sirro and Lane are more comfy down the right and have played there pretty much exclusively,Franky is a left edge guy for us.Probably Lane would be good off the bench as a guy who could play up the middle as well?When guys are used to one side it can take some time to switch sides and gel.

Thought weekends game was the best Lane has been, I was encouraged as I didn't previous believe the hype, even in lower grade games he wasn't seen
Lane is only 22 years of age and has enormous potential and skill as well as the intimidating 198m & 115kg frame . In 2015 he was rookie of the year at the dogs . Like Uate at Newcastle the dogs let Kappow and Lane go .
Like Uate Lane has the skills . He just needed a good coach to believe in him .
Lane is tall fast and strong and with all that you just cant go wrong .
From memory he has played 2 NRL games for us this season and was involved in tries in both those games.
Young Lane and Sirro can potentially develop into a formidable back row combination for the mighty Sea eagles .

Lane is only 22 years of age and has enormous potential and skill as well as the intimidating 198m & 115kg frame . In 2015 he was rookie of the year at the dogs . Like Uate at Newcastle the dogs let Kappow and Lane go .
Like Uate Lane has the skills . He just needed a good coach to believe in him .
Lane is tall fast and strong and with all that you just cant go wrong .
From memory he has played 2 NRL games for us this season and was involved in tries in both those games.
Young Lane and Sirro can potentially develop into a formidable back row combination for the mighty Sea eagles .
I want to see Lane play consistently like he did on Saturday night before I get too carried away with his future. Feleti Mateo was an absolute freak of nature with his size and skills and on his day he could destroy an opposition single handed...but we all know about his work ethic and attitude.

Lane has been bumped from a couple of clubs at a young age and that worries me because clubs don't let really promising juniors go for no reason. Established first graders get moved on for cap reasons and/or a new lease on life, but juniors are cheap low risk investments and still Lane was moved on.

I hope he fulfils his potential and the ball is in his court, but I am going to sit on the fence until I see more from him. It's easy to get up for a FG opportunity here and there, but how will he go when he is expected to do it week in week out in the NRL? time will tell!

I'd like to see more running from Frankenstein. He has been strong in defence.
I had imagined as a rugby 7s player that he'd be a running forward because there is very little tackling in that sport; it's just ball movement. Can anyone clarify if he has attacking skills?

I had imagined as a rugby 7s player that he'd be a running forward because there is very little tackling in that sport; it's just ball movement. Can anyone clarify if he has attacking skills?
You've seen him . What you see is what you get

Yeah same. He ran a great line about a month ago where he put DCE away. He looks to have great agility and footwork.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8