Willo at 9?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I notice that in the article on Stewart's re-signing Hasler is quoted as saying Le Strange, Ballin and Williamson are vying for the 9 jumper.  Williamson??????  I don't have it in for the bloke and have argued his retention in the backrow because of what he brings in workrate - but hooker??  Hell no.

His passing is almost as slow as Monaghan's and he has no run in him at all.  Put Williamson at dummy half and the markers can go to sleep, knowing he's not going to run and gang up on the receiver who will be receiving the ball 1 second later than he should.

Williamson at 9 is a REALLY bad idea.  I really hope this is a case of bluff. 

I can see him defending at 9.

His tackling and defense in general would work really well at hooker, however you are correct about the attack and for mine Ballin has to be a shoe in for the spot

Maybe Dessie has someone else in mind for his backrow spot and will use him on the bench as a back up for for Ballin and the other backrowers. 

One thing is for sure you would not want him as dummy half for more than 10 minutes per match for the reasons Mata gave above.

The number 9 handles the ball more than anyone in the game.  You simply can't compromise the position by having someone as limited as Willo there.  We'd go backwards from where we were last year!

He either has to be in the starting backrow playing a lot of minutes or not in the side at all. No value in him at hooker or the bench.

I think Des has just given a bit of space to the media for speculation. Willo will only fill in at hooker and it is really up to Ballin to get ahead of L'Strange one!

I just hope Des gives  Ballin first Shot hes  bided his time  and deserves a  go , the  fact we even  signed Le Strange makes me think,Des isnt as convinced in Ballin's ability  as the rest of us are

Willow @ Hooker - hahaha...Dessie has you all hook line and testies.
What this also says though, is that other options are being explored in the backrow.

Like I said lads - we are moving in a very healthy direction.

Stevie link said:
I just hope Des gives  Ballin first Shot hes  bided his time  and deserves a  go , the  fact we even  signed Le Strange makes me think,Des isnt as convinced in Ballin's ability  as the rest of us are

Need back ups and competition brings out the best in players, dont think it is because Des thinks Ballin might lack ability.

Has anyone ever seen Willo pass? I'm serious here. I cannot actually ever remember him passing once he received the ball. That's why he gets creamed so often by the defence - because they always know he's just gonna run right at them. My brother and I have a longstanding joke - basically as soon as he gets the ball we both cry out 'Shazzam!' in anticipation of the crunching hit that is about to be delivered on him (guess you have to be there)

Garts link said:
[quote author=Stevie link=topic=176856.msg177299#msg177299 date=1201697780]
Need back ups and competition brings out the best in players, dont think it is because Des thinks Ballin might lack ability.
[/quote]

Monas covered 9 7 & 8 and we had Dunley as emergency.

I think Des will have L'Estrange pencilled in as a fair quality bench backup in those multiple positions. I cant see Ballin being anything other than the starting 9.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=176856.msg177301#msg177301 date=1201726830]
[/quote]

I think Des will have L'Estrange pencilled in as a fair quality bench backup in those multiple positions. I cant see Ballin being anything other than the starting 9.
[/quote]

will Des be playing Ballin for 80min of game time is another question, 2 less interchanges now

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=176856.msg177333#msg177333 date=1201773576]
[/quote]

[/quote]

will Des be playing Ballin for 80min of game time is another question, 2 less interchanges now
[/quote]

Ballin is a PT and is the fittest bloke in our squad. He is the 80 minute man.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Monas covered 8????

WTF, Monas wasnt a prop last time I looked

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7