Willie Mason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kevinward777 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Not a particular fan of Mason, however if he was bargain basement cost maybe.

Probably only good for 20 minutes a game, but if coming from the bench and he plays the last 10 and the first 10 of the second half then maybe he'd fit it.

I don't understand all the negativity around Mason. He averaged about 40 mins for the Knights and ran straight and hard all year.

He'll do me as we wait for Tom T

Would be a good signing, but only with KPI structured into the deal.

Would not like our club being used as a transit lounge into retirement.

Yep. I've just checked the facts Mason is too old.

Average Run Meters this year. Metres/per run. Mason vs Sea Eagles front rowers

Lawrence - 10.93m
Mason - 10.65m
Starling - 10.29m
King - 9.66m
Lui - 9.7m

Tackles

Lawrence - 657
Starling - 529
Mason - 384
Lui - 359
King - 296

No where near as many tackles as Lawrence and Starling because they are starters but he made more than King and Lui.

Basically this year, as an interchange prop, he was better than King and Lui.

Maybe he needs re-branding.

I know zero about marketing but if he signs lets trot him out Bill Mason, WM Mason or just William Mason.

bones said:
clipser said:
First time poster.. long time lurker here.

Can anyone confirm if Fa'aoso will be in the squad next year given his all clear to play? That would be quite a pack with Mason and him coming back.

I'd heard he signed with the broncos but today's paper is saying he may go to the Roosters.

Why would Manly let that happen? I thought he was a good 'fit' and liked playing for us.
Easts have more players like him than the Boncos have fullbacks. It doesn't make sense... but then what does these days?

I'm a little bit miffed as to why we aren't interested in keeping Ritchie Fa'aoso around? There must be a reason? At 30 i would have thought he would have had a fair bit left.

Stevo said:
I'm a little bit miffed as to why we aren't interested in keeping Ritchie Fa'aoso around? There must be a reason? At 30 i would have thought he would have had a fair bit left.

Probably not convinced his neck is right, and may well be right

I just read we're linked to Feliti Mateo (sic) - you know, that ball-playing ex Parra and Warriors backrower who looked a world-beater early but never lived up to the promise.
Paper talk???

I am hoping we keep Epa Lauaki. I still think he would have been a better option up front compared to some of the second rowers we played late in the year. But whilst all of these front row options are being thrown around, with a proper pre season under his belt6( Epilady /elephant man) having been in our system for 12 months may be a better option than any newby who just drops in.

Dam we could use Merrin thou lol

Choc rumoured to leave (on a alleged large deal for next year )= us being mentioned with every off contract forward

Get used to it...gonna be a long summer...

Why can't gorgeous George return ? Wasn't that long ago he was playing good footy ! and a fair dinkum good bloke as opposed to a supposedly reformed Mason.

Mason is a serial dickhead and is not fit to play for Manly.

From the knights forum

The word around the street this year in Newcastle was that Mullen's form took a real dive after moving in with Willie, make of that what you will. Allegedly a bit of a party house... many complaints from neighbors. As much as he was a crowd favourite in Newcastle, most prudent punters are happy to see the back of him. As popeye said above, his mouth is much bigger than his ability.

If we want an old prop for one year we should have kept Kite

@Tookey - I think we'd all much rather have Brent Kite back at (or still at) Manly than we would want Mason. But we need a hard head with a lot of experience and he fits the bill.

Why oh why did we let Kitey go?

Is it around 1500 games of pack experience we would have lost over the past 2 years??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2