Willie Mason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
We could do worse than to sign this guy up. Would probably lighten the place up a bit.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/video-willie-mason-embarrasses-dragons-forwards-with-cutting-sledge-in-knights-win/story-e6frf3su-1227052324116

I would give him a shot. Bring back Faoso for another year and give the young guns a year with a couple of veterans. With King gone and possibly Watmough maybe even add a good solid prop as well. Not a superstar but a good starter

I very much doubt he'd come here, considering that the last time Manly tried to sign him they were talked out of it

He'd be great value on a 2 year deal.

Maybe Willie wants to put a ring on it.

HappilyManly said:
The Who said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Sign him up and give him a game with Beaver in the 9s, would be outstanding

Big Willie + Beaver in the same dressing sheds? What sort of a forum is this?

All we need now is @Dan 's Love Blog :heart: :p

Could also see what Tongue and Dykes are up too these days, and there is still a Likiliki floating around

I reckon Mason would be a handy pickup if we didn't have to pay a fortune.

He seems to have matured and I don't think Tooves would take any crap from him anyway.

Looks like the bongos may take him though.

I agree with @snake. He's a very loud strong personality, and if he doesn't get in line he could well have terrible consequences on the playing group.

I can't see him taking too much direction.

Killer03 said:
I agree with @snake. He's a very loud strong personality, and if he doesn't get in line he could well have terrible consequences on the playing group.

I can't see him taking too much direction.

a bit like a certain 2nd rower we have playing for us?

One thing I've heard about Willie is his teammates love him. He has always been especially popular with the young kids. Coaches didn't like that as they thought he was having a bad influence over them. As he matured I think those concerns aren't so much an issue anymore.

He has matured, and with guidance from Bennett played some of his best footy this year. I'd have a definite NO to Hannant though. This guy is well known to be a destabilizing and undermining character in any team that doesn't have Bennett as coach.

Not one Knight supporter I have spoken to wants Mason to go.

Maybe Rick Stone knows he doesn't have the credentials to keep him in check like other coaches like Bennett and Maybe Tooves might.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6