Willie and the mushroom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

I was just reading the SMH sports section. Greeted by a huge photo of Lote Tuqiri on the front page I turned to the next page to see a story on Willie Mason and his speculation about switching codes. I involuntarily blurted out...."who gives a f@#k!"

It's a sad testiment to the sport that the only "stars" of the code are league converts. Yer I know that there are a few high profile Union players like the little bald guy (whatshisname?) and a hand full of other hyphenated wannabe's, but when it comes to publicity it's Wendell this, Matt that and Lote blah blah. And the code wets its bloody pants every time a high profile leaguie is on the market... Oooo Joey's gonna switch! Braith's a target! Now Big Willie wants to be a f@#kin wallaby! !ill Uurrrgh! get me a bucket.

That's right Willie wants to join the Wallaby's like his mate Wendell. He doesn't talk about joining a club side, or even a Super 12 (or 14??) team, he's decided he going straight to the top of that mushroom that is Union... "The 2007 World Cup looks good" say Willie!

This is another of my pet peevs about Union, it's like a mushroom.... big and fleshy on top but nothing underneath. Willie says the "international feel" of the sport is an attraction. Wrong Willie it's its ONLY ATTRACTION! League's club scene is its heart, while unions club scene is its ar$3hole. State of Origin means something, its tribal feeling is awesome while the week-in-week-out S12 is a yawn fest!

Go ahead Willie aim for that mushroom! You're guaranteed to get your mug in the paper even more than you do now.... and you can wear those nifty gloves to keep your hands soft!

[/rant over]

I couldnt agree more.
We hear this story every year for the past 5 years and I just dont care, if they want to go then friggin go, dont tell us about it just do it like Andrew Walker did, like Adrian lamb did and like Matt rogers did. At least these Talented guys just did it without all the hoohar and festivities.

get your hands off it guys and just do it or get on with it

I couldnt agree more.
We hear this story every year for the past 5 years and I just dont care, if they want to go then friggin go, dont tell us about it just do it like Andrew Walker did, like Adrian lamb did and like Matt rogers did. At least these Talented guys just did it without all the hoohar and festivities.

get your hands off it guys and just do it or get on with it

This is another of my pet peevs about Union, it's like a mushroom.... big and fleshy on top but nothing underneath. Willie says the \"international feel\" of the sport is an attraction. Wrong Willie it's its ONLY ATTRACTION! League's club scene is its heart, while unions club scene is its ar$3hole.
[/rant over]
Ummmmm, having played both League and Union at a club level I'd have to say Union has it all over League at that level.

I'd far rather be playing union and drinking with those boys than the no-neck, mullet wearing types that inhabit the lower echelons of league.

With respect Matable the NRL vs The Tooheys New Cup.... :? no contest!

I think mata took the club level as teams like Harbord Valley vs Curl Curl or something

Correct Daniel. At the grass roots level Union is far more attractive.

For the record Super 12 is the Union equivalent of the NRL. Super 12 is a compelling competition if you understand the game. I feel the same way about both.

Understood that Super 12 is not for everyone. I grew up with Union and didn't see a game of League till I was 14, so I do naturally gravitate towards it.

I can imagine Union is a frightfully boring game for people that weren't bought up with it.

I have seen some good games also super 12's. But still not for me. The season just isn't long enough to get interested. 8o)

The reason the season is only half as long is because Union has meaningful international competition that they need to fit in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4