Will we sign 1 or 2 first graders for 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t think Manly will sign any 1st grade players of any calibre
I still think the team will be competitive
That though depends on if Manly can get a full season out of players like Paseka , Aloio , Tommy , and Schuster being able to be consistent, With young players like Weekes and the ex tigers backrower ,also Croker has been getting better but needs to do it every week more running and kicking he has showed he can do it
Manly not in the same class as Penrith but can make the 8. With a good run without injuries its not out of the question but you have doubt because of the way they finished and the BS that’s been happening around the coaching staff
Anyways live in hope for a better season next year

It's actually the best way to follow a game imo, i loved listening to Manly games by the continuous call team before i got fox.
I think it's being unable to see what's going and hanging off every word that makes the match more exciting, not to mention the TV commentators on both channels are absolute ****.
Yes, it will bring back fond memories of me as a 10-year-old in my bedroom yahooing, running around the room and jumping on the bed when they scored a try and my dad coming into my bedroom and going off at me hahaha

A more pertinent question is "are there any first grade players available to sign for 2023 ?"

I think we have missed the boat, from what I've seen the cupboard is bare unless we can secure an early release for someone.

A more pertinent question is "are there any first grade players available to sign for 2023 ?"

I think we have missed the boat, from what I've seen the cupboard is bare unless we can secure an early release for someone.
Yep , especially with a new team to start in 2023.

Very bare I’d say !!

Yep , especially with a new team to start in 2023.

Very bare I’d say !!
Think out side the square and seek and you shall find

Super League young talent time ??

The world cup could unleash some unknown surprises ??

Lower grade Players that have potential that we can get the best out of them ??

See the source image

Think out side the square and seek and you shall find

Super League young talent time ??

The world cup could unleash some unknown surprises
Some clubs have probably invested in scouts over at the World Cup.
Manly? Maybe not

The club needs a purge, followed by a comprehensive rebuild. The rainbow seven/ten will never be completely invested in MWSE again. They asked for releases. The releases were not granted. The others (those that played in the Roosters game), have no trust in the seven/ten. That trust will also never come back completely.

It doesn't matter who was right, or who was wrong, but the playing group is fractured into two main groups, and sub-groups. Add into the mix a disinterested, absent owner, incompetent club administration, major salary cap issues and a dysfunctional coaching setup.

Based on that we can imagine just how attractive our club would be to outside players right now. We literally have nothing to offer at the moment. Sad but true

The club needs a purge, followed by a comprehensive rebuild. The rainbow seven/ten will never be completely invested in MWSE again. They asked for releases. The releases were not granted. The others (those that played in the Roosters game), have no trust in the seven/ten. That trust will also never come back completely.

It doesn't matter who was right, or who was wrong, but the playing group is fractured into two main groups, and sub-groups. Add into the mix a disinterested, absent owner, incompetent club administration, major salary cap issues and a dysfunctional coaching setup.

Based on that we can imagine just how attractive our club would be to outside players right now. We literally have nothing to offer at the moment. Sad but true
The big question then to you is

“ will we win a game in 2023”???

So, how does our current lover's spat between coach, head office and landlord affect any current negotiations ?

And the big question ... which replacement coach is most likely to attract players ...

Is Seibold, Flannigan or Hannay more likely to have player agents on the phone ??

They asked for releases. The releases were not granted.

What or where is your evidence for such a bold statement of fact ?

The others (those that played in the Roosters game), have no trust in the seven/ten. That trust will also never come back completely.

IMO this is not likely ... in my experience of teams players don't give a shiite about that stuff ... team mates will always respect other team mates beliefs and honestly held convictions .... however, the players may never trust the clowns at head office again ...

So, how does our current lover's spat between coach, head office and landlord affect any current negotiations ?

And the big question ... which replacement coach is most likely to attract players ...

Is Seibold, Flannigan or Hannay more likely to have player agents on the phone ??
no

At the moment the clubs recruitment priority for Des and Mr Penn is to recruit the best lawyers in the business . The footy side of it comes secondary

When was the last time Des landed a big fish? Last few years it's been Bullemor, Tuilagi, Condon, Roache & resigning the likes of Fulton, Boyle & co.

Des doesn't attract quality talent anymore. Therefore , the only way is up.

People bag Barrett, but look at the talent he won over at The Bulldogs. Burton, JAC, Mahoney, I could go on and on. Even with us he landed great players. Now he's getting Liam Martin to Parra , as an assistant coach.

Not our Des though. He gets players who either can't crack into first grade elsewhere, reserve grade plodders, or absolute bottom of the pile teams who's players stats are pathetic.

The support Hasler still gets defies logic. 4 years being here. In disarray like we were last time he was leaving, and also the same as when he left The Dogs. A .400 - .475 (for Disco) win record in those 4 years. A DESpicable roster (which is split apart mind you). A basket case relationship with the various stakeholders.

Yet the dumb dumbs still want to back and support this trouble maker. FMD.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8