Will Orford choke again this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
After spending 12 - 16 games settling in for a few good performance followed by the finals choke do we expect any improvements from the messiah?

I for one want him to cop an injury/suspension or even better get picked for origin and by some miracle Des as found a set of brass ones over the off season so that we can see Groom get a run with players like Bell and Lyon outside him.

If Des does decide to inject new blood id rather it be via the relegation of King & Dunley & maybe Willow, so im hoping Ox turns in blinder all year. especially considering his paypacket he is on. Be good to see at least an introduction of Groom tho. I dunno, what are the chances ?

After spending 12 - 16 games settling in for a few good performance followed by the finals choke do we expect any improvements from the messiah?

I for one want him to cop an injury/suspension or even better get picked for origin and by some miracle Des as found a set of brass ones over the off season so that we can see Groom get a run with players like Bell and Lyon outside him.

ok stupidest post of the year so far ........... 8| 8| :roll: :stupid:

You want our highest paid pllayer to get injured? You think we're a better team with Groom running the show? Hmm...too much ganga for you over the off-season Fluff

Groom would certainly be better value for money and in the long run he is more likely to bring us a premiership than orford

Groom would certainly be better value for money and in the long run he is more likely to bring us a premiership than orford

My god, he has only played Flegg. Talk about putting all your eggs in 1 basket.

He looks brilliant in Flegg but sadly so do alot of players who never can make the step up to NRL. Dont get me wrong I believe he can make it however we cant rush him.

In the long run fluff but not next year.

Groom needs time to mature physically to be able to play FG.

Agree with you Jatz. Willo, King and Dunley to be in premier league this season with some of the younger players to be given a go instead.

2 (or was it 3?) years ago Jamie Soward almost single-handedly won the Roosters Flegg side a Premiership (undefeated all year). I know he had some great players around him, but he was playing like some hybrid of Wally Lewis, Sterlo, Bozo and Joey when compared to the chumps he was eating up every week.

He then had a fairly lengthy apprenticeship in Premier League, and he STILL wasn't ready for first grade when selected.

I'll stick with Orford for the moment at least. Hopefully Ox will be teaching Groom everything there is to know about his short-kicking game as well - that highlights package that was floating around before shows that Aaron has a great eye for a gap (not unlike Orford) but there wasn't much of his short kicking game in there (there was the odd long kick downfield that looked alright though).

I agree with flicking Willow and King - useless as choclate teapots... But Dunley can still make an impact and good yards when he comes on it the last 15 of each half. I actually prefer him to Monas at hooker - now Monas is an oxygen thief in 1st grade..

I agree with Jatz as well.
Fluffy mate - I wouldn't say Orford choked as you put it. He is by FAR a better and more experienced 1/2 back than Groom full stop mate.
I hope Orford continues his great form for us (winning The Tigers game, winning The Parra game, winning The Bulldogs games for example) off his own boot etc etc.
Stevie - Fluffy has a right to an opinion dude. Your response is 1/2 the problem & unfortunately the norm around here these days...

Great response Tookey.

I actually prefer him to Monas at hooker - now Monas is an oxygen thief in 1st grade..

We must be getting close to the new season because the monnas bagging has started again. lol

I would prefer to see Ballin in FG for Dunley to start with and depending on where Lyon plays perhaps Burns in at hooker instead of Monnas later in the season.

Dessie has to realise that we won't win the comp with King. Monnas, Dunley and Willo in the team and he needs to introduce some youth into the team this year to be a serious contender for the comp in 2008/2009.

We need impact off the bendhc and Willo doesn;t give us any. Put halfasanga and Sione alphabet there instead and have them do a Fui Fui (except not get sent off for head high tackles).

Do you sit there and think of ways to out do Byso for ridiculous posts. I mean honestly its like you are trying to be an idiot!

Better value for money. So you are sayng we would get better value for the money we have spent by having a $400k+ player sit on the bench whilst a $30,000 gets a run......

Stay out of the sun Fluffy this post is a contender for being printed out and used as emergency toilet paper!

[quote author=Fluffy]

Do you sit there and think of ways to out do Byso for ridiculous posts. I mean honestly its like you are trying to be an idiot!

[/quote]
He doesn't have to try very hard.

be realistic here - there is more chance of groom being a fluke wonder kid than orford not choking in the finals.

i remember the old ST saying the mediocrity will not be tolerated.

Now is losing in straight sets in the semis mediocre or not?

Was Orford the only one who choked in that final?

I agree with Jatz as well.
Fluffy mate - I wouldn't say Orford choked as you put it. He is by FAR a better and more experienced 1/2 back than Groom full stop mate.
I hope Orford continues his great form for us (winning The Tigers game, winning The Parra game, winning The Bulldogs games for example) off his own boot etc etc.
Stevie - Fluffy has a right to an opinion dude. Your response is 1/2 the problem & unfortunately the norm around here these days...

Great response Tookey.

As Im entitled to mine , If I think its a Stupid Post i have every right to say so , as you can see Dan also agrees :stupid:
you should be pleased anyway it draws the attention away from the tripe you post at times , Any chance they will give
cuthbo a run on the wing this year ?? :drunk: :blah:

But why not just debate the issue mate? As I stated...there's less debate about the topic at hand, and more jibe about the poster by MOST people here (not you) these days. I'm not having a go dude - but isn't it more enjoyable when people flesh out a suggestion / idea / opinion rather than dig at someone. I know I'm guilty of this too. But yeah - your opinion is certainly valid as well.

But why not just debate the issue mate? As I stated...there's less debate about the topic at hand, and more jibe about the poster by MOST people here (not you) these days. I'm not having a go dude - but isn't it more enjoyable when people flesh out a suggestion / idea / opinion rather than dig at someone. I know I'm guilty of this too. But yeah - your opinion is certainly valid as well.

I note your post was edited, to add a little dig at me while I was writing this to your reply. Insert example.

NB - He would have been better than bleating Scott Donald !!!

Fair enough Ryan , but I think you should put a bit more thought into your posts add an emoticon or something, cause at times it comes across like your having a crack , or maybe its just the way i interpret it ? anyway its all good :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4