Will Manly counter offer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE was surprised that the titans and sharks run things differently at training than manly. The titans and sharks run the weekly rehab session before the game. ;-)

I love the bit about his family's happiness. I know my family would be real happy 2 live at Manly and me earning a mill a season.

Exactly - the two reasons Orr quotes are family happiness and what is best for Daly's league career. In anyone's books that means not moving away from support, and staying with a top 4 club.

Saying he is making a decision that is best for his family doesnt tell us much. Either he could stay with manly so his family doeant hace to worry about the logistics of moving/traveling to cronulla, or the sharkies are throwing big coin at him and its in his families bwst interest to take the money

I don't see why Manly would counter offer as they have our offer and as stated by Joe Kelly he won't put the clubs future in doubt due to unrealistic demands. I'd like to hope we can retain both but out of the two Foz is definitely worth more to Manly as he plays more games for the club during the Origin Period. That would be his biggest arguement in getting a bigger contract than DCE.

Overall though i hope if they extend with us that they put all the BS of last year and they embrace the opportunity to play for our club again.

I don't buy into hearing all the talk about "being what's best for their family" when it comes to cherry or foran. They are going to have huge careers in the nrl both current and post playing careers. They have there future in good enough stead that an extra 100 or 200k a season will not make a difference in the long run.

Fair enough for a lower ranked player to say he needs to do what is best for their family as they can't attract the type of coin cherry and foran will, during and after their careers.

All this contract talk now is just plain boring and irritating and its making me feel like a pessimistic old man.

"Daly Cherry-Evans has completed his due diligence in finalising what he believes to be a very important decision for his families happiness and also his rugby league career," Cherry-Evans' manager Gavin Orr said in statement."

Hey Gavin, you meant "his family's happiness" right?

Yeah, I read that too - "families" - no wonder he needs some coin, he's got to look after more than one family!

I hope they keep the offer on the table. I would like DCE to accept it. I don't care 1 bit if he doesn't. I don't want the club crippled by 1 player looking after his family.

Titans are going to have a LOT of cap space free very shortly. And both the Titans, and the NRL need a poster boy ASAP..
Perhaps not. Players being suspended doesn't free up cap space. Titans will have to sack the 5 players charged. They could under the circumstances terminate their contracts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The NRL has really taken a softly softly approach on such matters after Snake was charged but found not guilty. You would have to think the Titans will be a wreck for 2015 and take 2 or 3 years to recover.
Especially once Aidan Seizer announces he is moving to Manly.

Perhaps not. Players being suspended doesn't free up cap space. Titans will have to sack the 5 players charged. They could under the circumstances terminate their contracts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The NRL has really taken a softly softly approach on such matters after Snake was charged but found not guilty. You would have to think the Titans will be a wreck for 2015 and take 2 or 3 years to recover.
Especially once Aidan Seizer announces he is moving to Manly.

You're underestimating Dave Smith's behind the scenes efforts to ensure the Tits are A) financially viable and B) competitive in the face of the Gold Coast Suns.

Look it's just speculation but would you bet against these muppets waiving a few clauses/legalities in the Tits favour? Or rather quickly writing new by-laws that protect clubs in these matters and allow contractual and salary cap leeway in the face of club's that are going to struggle as their roster is decimated by criminal charges such as this matter?

ok if we lose DCE,then we have to make sure we dont lose Foz too,like I said earlier,I prefer to keep Foz first,he doesnt keep coming out with 18 months to go and try and upgrade his contract

I was reading on fox news (so who knows how truthful) that the Titans have already approached the NRL for possible dispensation in order to field some sort of competitive team this year...don't ask me where they'de be getting the players from.

Someone on a Manly page on FB has posted that, Greenburg has said that the NRL will honour the Titans $3.5 million bid for DCE if he decides to go there.

Not sure if this was on the news anywhere?

So then when did the club that was reportedly broke know they were going to go cap in hand to the NRL pleading "please save us", when did the NRL know they we're going to step in and take over and when did they agree they would honour the offer because their financial situation would have been known for a while yet there they were making a ridiculous offer for a broke club?

This reeks of collusion.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4