Will Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A rocket surgeon...that must be the ultimate occupation, a combination of a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon.
I like it.
CnC you da'man!

Not many players who leave the Eagle's nest ever come good and Hopoate is no exception. That;s not to say if he comes home he could recapture his form of 2011.
Happy to see a local junior come back but at the expense of who? Does the club look to him as the longer term replacement for Matai or Lyon who are retiring in 2017 and 2016 respectively or move some of the players in their current roster (Hiku, Turbo, Dimitreau or any other young NYC) into those positions?
Wasn't it reported some time ago that Parra tried to offload Hoppa to us on the quite, to which we politely declined, when new salary cap allegations were discovered by the NRL?
Money better spent on retaining some of our other juniors such as Knight and Dimetreau IMO.

Let's face facts, Killer " must" be close to pulling the pin at the end of 2016, yeah I know he's contracted to 2017 but I can't see him taking that up if he's not performing and Jamie Lyon wouldn't be the type of player to finish his career in the reserves.

And , his partner in crime on the other side must also be close to the end, he's playing busted the whole time and in all honesty both of them are really at the end of their days.

So now to Hoppa Jnr, forget that he deserted us ( wouldn't you for $925k a year for two years) and forget his last name, this kid knows how to play and sure he's not been at his best BUT if he was on a mininimum contract for 12 months , with the possibility of taking over one of those two positions IF one or both decide to retire then I reckon we whould grab him.

If he however is demanding $650k a year, then he can whistle Dixie.

That's Parra's argument but I don't believe it will stand up. What they have done is absolutely deplorable. Will committed to them by signing the contract and was, by virtue of that contract, prevented from entertaining potential offers to join rival clubs. Parra then unilaterally refused to register it and sought to renegotiate it.
I can't see any Court finding in favour of Parra on this. Imagine the precedent it would set!
I wouldn't be surprised if Will ends up sitting out the season over this.

Hope they don't and Parra have to shed a few players to fit him in....Oh how I would laugh

That's Parra's argument but I don't believe it will stand up. What they have done is absolutely deplorable. Will committed to them by signing the contract and was, by virtue of that contract, prevented from entertaining potential offers to join rival clubs. Parra then unilaterally refused to register it and sought to renegotiate it.
I can't see any Court finding in favour of Parra on this. Imagine the precedent it would set!
I wouldn't be surprised if Will ends up sitting out the season over this.
He put himself in this position four years ago, the greedy little boy, after the way the Eagles looked after him and his family I for one don't want him within cooee of the joint, he has bitten the hand that fed him and I'll never support him again !!!!

Let's face facts, Killer " must" be close to pulling the pin at the end of 2016, yeah I know he's contracted to 2017 but I can't see him taking that up if he's not performing and Jamie Lyon wouldn't be the type of player to finish his career in the reserves.

And , his partner in crime on the other side must also be close to the end, he's playing busted the whole time and in all honesty both of them are really at the end of their days.

So now to Hoppa Jnr, forget that he deserted us ( wouldn't you for $925k a year for two years) and forget his last name, this kid knows how to play and sure he's not been at his best BUT if he was on a mininimum contract for 12 months , with the possibility of taking over one of those two positions IF one or both decide to retire then I reckon we whould grab him.

For once I disagree with you Mark, I'm afraid he's done his dash with me, I think we have better options coming through and my belief is that we got the best out of him before he left, his self imposed sabbatical has seemingly stemmed his flow of natural ability and improvement, I think he's very one dimensional these days and forgetting the emotional side of things IMO we have better options closer to home.

For once I disagree with you Mark, I'm afraid he's done his dash with me, I think we have better options coming through and my belief is that we got the best out of him before he left, his self imposed sabbatical has seemingly stemmed his flow of natural ability and improvement, I think he's very one dimensional these days and forgetting the emotional side of things IMO we have better options closer to home.
Fair comments , but note I said minimum contract, who knows he might once again prove to be a revelation.

But I know where you are coming from

Not sure why management would want him back when they've just offloaded Gutho under contract.
You would think there would of been a swap deal of some sort if that was the case?

Can he play hooker, we're a bit light on.

No, but he can play FB which we are light on also lol.

It's a shame how things panned out for him as he had some serious potential. But you ain't going to realise it at Parra. I would say no but if the new management could fit him in they would sign him whether we like it or not. He left the club because he was/is the Hopoate meal ticket so Hoppa snr made that choice whether Will agreed or not.

Yer sorry lads I have to agree with mark . On a reduced contract for a year until one of our champs retire I'd have him . We were all pis... off that he flew the nest but he is one of ours and the boy can play if we can get him back to his best .

I can understand where you're coming from, but I just don't think he is a good footballer anymore. He has the speed of a prop forward and very little enterprise in his game.

Keeping Gutherson would have been a better option...not to mention Hiku will be shifting to the centres at some point, and Ramien and Demetriou are good prospects in the lower grades.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2