Will Des pick Dylan tomorrow ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate I've called him a fuhking idiot on another post for leaving Manly and his teammates in this prediciment on the eve of our 19 campaign. But if he gets the right verdict, councilling and shows reform I'd keep him as he's a strike weapon we need .

Bolten was also well before Todd went full retard. You could even argue Bolten was one of the straws that broke the camels back.

I know exactly what he should expect given that outcome and it should be as you suggest, but 'im also a realist. Watch this man's appearances on Fox League during the last week. The power has gone to his waxed dome.

Manly coach Des Hasler asks if Dylan Walker could face Wests Tigers
Michael Carayannis and Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
March 14, 2019 8:00pm
Subscriber only
It hasn’t taken Des Hasler long to be up to his old tricks again with the Manly coach making a cheeky inquiry about selecting Dylan Walker for the club’s opening clash against the Tigers on Saturday night.

Hasler made the subtle request to the NRL earlier this week in the hope his stood down player could be made available later in the week had Jack de Belin won an interim injunction against the Australian Rugby League Commission.

De Belin’s case was withdrawn — which would not have had any bearing on Walker’s proposition this time around — with Manly now watching closely when de Belin challenges the no-fault policy on April 16.

Walker’s name was not in the eligible players list issued by the NRL. Each Tuesday clubs are required to fill out an online form to pick their side — with only players ruled eligible by the NRL listed.

Walker was not available having been stood-down under the NRL’s new no fault policy but that did not stop Hasler from asking the question.

Obviously the Manly coach was unable to, despite Walker maintaining his innocence following an alleged domestic incident with his partner in December.

Barring a change in the NRL’s policy, Walker will be unable to be picked until at least May 10 when he returns to court.

The Sea Eagles have a long list of unavailable players including fullback Tom Trbojevic. Footage of the star fullback running this week had Manly fans hoping Trbojevic would be ready for their round two clash against the Roosters but that remains unlikely.

“The medical staff haven’t given me any chance,” Trbojevic said. “Everyone got a bit too excited about the footage. Round three is what they are telling me. You can feel good but you don’t know what can happen. I’ve been pushing to get back on the park but they’ve pulled me back.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/e03942574f48eb93b17c363990b41fd1

Charlie Runciman has come back from the Uk and might be a handy pickup this year

Manly coach Des Hasler asked NRL for permission to pick banned Dylan Walker

Des Hasler this week picked up the phone and audaciously asked the NRL for permission to pick banned centre Dylan Walker in Manly's squad for Saturday's Round 1 clash against the Wests Tigers, according to reports.

Walker, who is due to reappear in court on May 10 on a domestic violence charge, is suspended under the NRL's new No Fault Stand Down policy.

But Hasler, who is known for his scheming behind the scenes in order to gain an advantage for his team, tried his luck with the governing body this week.

As first reported by News Limited journalist and Sporting Newscontributor Brent Read, Hasler was banking on St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin, successfully challenging the NRL's new policy in court on Thursday and wanted to be prepared by naming Walker.

"Manly contacted the NRL this week about using the exemption that the NRL talked about for Dylan Walker not being available (and) using that money to sign another player," Read told Triple M.

"Des asked the question this week about naming Dylan Walker and the NRL obviously said, 'Des, you can't name him champ, he's been stood down'."

De Belin, who is also banned indefinitely as he faces a sexual assault charge, postponed his legal challenge of the NRL's new rule until April 16.

Meanwhile, Read revealed the Sea Eagles are strongly considering requesting a salary-cap exemption to sign a player short-term during Walker's indefinite absence.

"Manly are going to make a decision, probably in the next 48 hours to whether they look for an exemption around that salary cap to sign another player in place of Dylan Walker," he said.

"And as I understand it the way it will work is if Dylan Walker is out for two months, which he probably will be at this stage, the NRL will basically say if he's out for two months, that's a sixth of the year, so you can have a sixth of his contract to sign someone else.

"So if Dylan Walker's on $600,000 roughly I think, they would get $100,000 to go and sign another player."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...anned-dylan-walker/1q7zgw1j4ltfp13o95khwxl3tu

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-15_11-34-52.gif
    upload_2019-3-15_11-34-52.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4