Will Des pick Dylan tomorrow ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They won't name him to start. Just don't think they will defy the NRL that way. They could possibly name him on an extended bench.

Players charged by the MRC are named all the time. It's not over till its over.

To be honest, I can’t see us taking on the NRL over this. Even St George are keeping their distance and have de Belin doing the heavy lifting (they may be in the background but they don’t want to take the NRL on directly either). We will see if JDB is successful but I think Manly will be reluctant to make the NRL look (even more) like gooses by selecting Walker, even on an extended bench. All things considered, i personally don’t see material upside given that the team would have prepared for a round 1 clash for the last 2 weeks on the basis that Walker isn’t playing, so it may be a bit disruptive to include him now.

Round 2 is a different story if de Belin is successful.

To be honest, I can’t see us taking on the NRL over this. Even St George are keeping their distance and have de Belin doing the heavy lifting (they may be in the background but they don’t want to take the NRL on directly either). We will see if JDB is successful but I think Manly will be reluctant to make the NRL look (even more) like gooses by selecting Walker, even on an extended bench. All things considered, i personally don’t see material upside given that the team would have prepared for a round 1 clash for the last 2 weeks on the basis that Walker isn’t playing, so it may be a bit disruptive to include him now.

Round 2 is a different story if de Belin is successful.

He won’t be playing round 1, if JDB wins an injunction you can bet he’ll be playing round 2.

My Barrister mate reckons JDB will win based purely on the fact these circumstances happened BEFORE the rule was in place ( the important word he reckons is before).

Those that follow will be fecked!!

Doesn’t stop them outing him on the contrary conduct basis which did exist at the time of the incident for a period of time but no way would he get an open ended suspension like the one he faces under this rule saying he’s out till the trial takes place. I.think DeBellin is contesting the.contrsry conduct angle too. That may be a bridge too far me thinks... and his pregnant wife sitting at home might agree.

There’s no criminal burden of proof at play re contrary conduct Just little old Toddy playing God
Pearce got 8 for being a clown with not a hint of criminal conduct.

But maybe they will be so embarrassed getting beaten at court ( if they do) they may just want it to go away and not stoke the fire by suspending them again under the conduct provisions.

Interesting times

Last edited:
If walker is found guilty who do you think manly should target as a signing for next year? If he is found not guilty do you think Des will want his contract renewed?

If walker is found guilty who do you think manly should target as a signing for next year? If he is found not guilty do you think Des will want his contract renewed?
Interesting question. I think DW is long odds to be at Manly next year. Otherwise, they would have moved to sign him before he went on the open market last year (before he was charged).

If DW is not at Manly next year, i’d like to see Will Hoppa back at Manly.

Hopefully upgrade and retain whoever shines from our squads this year. We have a few excellent juniors in the wings and their time will come soon.

Will Hopoate is another obvious candidate.

I don't think Dylan will be retained for next year regardless of his verdict.

If he is found not guilty do you think Des will want his contract renewed?
No chance he is finished goods with us. Another quick fix purchase from Bob the builder who didn't care of the trouble he had been at souths. Maybe Bob should have kept Gutho yes he is prone to an injury but he would never embarrass us on or off the field.

So , if guilty he’ll possibly get jail time and be booted from the NRL anyway , but if he’s found not guilty by reading the thoughts on here the majority seem to want him gone regardless.

Might be an interesting poll there in the future.

No chance he is finished goods with us. Another quick fix purchase from Bob the builder who didn't care of the trouble he had been at souths. Maybe Bob should have kept Gutho yes he is prone to an injury but he would never embarrass us on or off the field.

Yeah too much effort at drawing in big names rather than what the squad needed. The fact that we lost Gutho and Buhrer for some quick big name signings is tragic, especially since most of those signings turned out to be lemons. At least Des seems to be looking to clean out the dead wood now. I really hope this Aitken rumour is true.

So , if guilty he’ll possibly get jail time and be booted from the NRL anyway , but if he’s found not guilty by reading the thoughts on here the majority seem to want him gone regardless.

Might be an interesting poll there in the future.
I doubt that he will get jail time if found guilty, as the offence wasn't that serious in terms of physical harm to her, probably a good behaviour bond, if he is found not guilty, then the club has to have a long hard look at itself if it wants to sign Walker again.
Personally I don't think he's worth the trouble

He must be VERY long odds to still be here next season, and I’m with @Ranger, best case secenario would be that someone young stands out so we can upgrade them.

He must be VERY long odds to still be here next season, and I’m with @Ranger, best case secenario would be that someone young stands out so we can upgrade them.

I can’t help think though that we need a real backs leader , think back to the purchase of Jamie Lyon.

The three “ planks” we needed when Hasler first arrived were,

A top notch forward , and we signed Kite.

A top rated Half Back, and we signed Orford.

And the last plank was Jamie Lyon.

Bingo, four GF appearances and two Premierships.

The rest were just brought up or bought cheaply and fitted in.

We already have that forward ( two of them in fact) , we already have the half back but we lack that international class back.

Not sure who’s on the market for 2020 but I think we should go hard at a top one.

I can’t help think though that we need a real backs leader , think back to the purchase of Jamie Lyon.

The three “ planks” we needed when Hasler first arrived were,

A top notch forward , and we signed Kite.

A top rated Half Back, and we signed Orford.

And the last plank was Jamie Lyon.

Bingo, four GF appearances and two Premierships.

The rest were just brought up or bought cheaply and fitted in.

We already have that forward ( two of them in fact) , we already have the half back but we lack that international class back.

Not sure who’s on the market for 2020 but I think we should go hard at a top one.
Yeah mate... I’m fairly certain that Des will be after at least a couple of noteworthy signings by season’s end. Hopefully we can land a Jamie Lyon type of leader.

I doubt that he will get jail time if found guilty, as the offence wasn't that serious in terms of physical harm to her, probably a good behaviour bond, if he is found not guilty, then the club has to have a long hard look at itself if it wants to sign Walker again.
Personally I don't think he's worth the trouble
Mate I've called him a fuhking idiot on another post for leaving Manly and his teammates in this prediciment on the eve of our 19 campaign. But if he gets the right verdict, councilling and shows reform I'd keep him as he's a strike weapon we need .

Mate I've called him a fuhking idiot on another post for leaving Manly and his teammates in this prediciment on the eve of our 19 campaign. But if he gets the right verdict, councilling and shows reform I'd keep him as he's a strike weapon we need .

My prediction is guilty without a conviction.

Greenburg will banish him.

Meanwhile Scott Bolton will take the next hitup.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10