Will DCE go to the Dolphins?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE be at the Dolphins at the start of '23?

• Total voters
When DCE's on-field football career ends he will be among the few ex-players who will prosper in business, imo. He is smart, speaks eloquently, and will easily slip into a media role, coaching position or administration job. Currently I understand that he is 'head' of the Players Group so he is already a leader and advocate in more ways than one.
I hope DCE stays with Manly in a coaching role because he is a winner, or he joins the NRL in a management position because he understands the sport and the players' mindset as well as anyone.
Frankly, life on the Northern Beaches would be hard to leave, but if he/I was to be ever tempted to leave it would be to a coastal region in SE Queensland.

Actually wouldnt be suprised to see Foran sign with the Dolphins as a low cost leader at the club to be paired next to a Walker or Munster

Don't forget that his 10+ years of being a Top 30 player entitles the start-up to a 200k discount on his contract and they likely won't be signing anyone else that would provide it. A 3 year $M contract becomes a 800k one. Juat sayin'.

Don't forget that his 10+ years of being a Top 30 player entitles the start-up to a 200k discount on his contract and they likely won't be signing anyone else that would provide it. A 3 year $M contract becomes a 800k one. Juat sayin'.
Pretty sure it is 10+ years at that club.

So that discount comes into play for Manly but not elsewhere

Pretty sure it is 10+ years at that club.

So that discount comes into play for Manly but not elsewhere
The last option mate.

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

The last option mate.

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
Huh, there you go, today I learned something!

Still though, plenty of players the Dolphins could use that on Foran, Taufua, Taupau just another 3 from Manly.

Sims, Woods, Milford.....basically most players over 30

Must admit my view comes also from what he’d bring to the Finns , Queensland Origin captain , local boy ( not really but connections there ).

But ( and it’s a big but ) they’d have to offer him extraordinary money to move and I’m not sure other than what I’ve said above what this gives them on the field considering he’ll then be what 35 or so by contracts end.

I will say I do find a team starting from scratch and building a roster football manager style very interesting and almost exciting

If you were going to build a club around a person and wanted a queenslander it would be DCE all the way

1. Regardless of what is thought of in here he is a proven player (see Dally M this year)
2. Great with sponsors. I can not state this enough compared to any player that has been linked with them he would be the strongest off the park. For a new club starting up he is a proven known quantity
3. Durable
4. Local connection

I am not sure he would go but if I was them he is the first person I would target

If you were going to build a club around a person and wanted a queenslander it would be DCE all the way

1. Regardless of what is thought of in here he is a proven player (see Dally M this year)
2. Great with sponsors. I can not state this enough compared to any player that has been linked with them he would be the strongest off the park. For a new club starting up he is a proven known quantity
3. Durable
4. Local connection

I am not sure he would go but if I was them he is the first person I would target
Age an issue I think, you want a player to build a club around.

Harry Grant the perfect option IMO

Last edited:
Its called a retirement fund. If they trump up the dollars he will take it. Hopefully with lower grade footy back on we need to be grooming a new half back.

honestly can not believe the NRL decided to go ahead with this whilst the Broncos are so bad and the difference between the top 6 and the rest of the competition is night and day. seems doomed from the start

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4