[Resurrected] Why does everyone gang up on Watmough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Watmough eyegouge.JPG
Watmough Prince scuffle.jpg

Could teach current pack a thing about getting under opponents skin
Chocky was a warrior and complete winner as a player

Teams liked out for him as they did for Stevie

There would not be a player who ever played with choc in any team that would bag him

DCE included

just don’t him serve you a meal
He shoulder charges and swerved to make room to put the plates on the table
Will not let tight space stop him
Champion is choc and champion he will always be
May not win who wants to be a millionaire though but never afraid

Chocky was a warrior and complete winner as a player

Teams liked out for him as they did for Stevie

There would not be a player who ever played with choc in any team that would bag him

DCE included

just don’t him serve you a meal
He shoulder charges and swerved to make room to put the plates on the table
Will not let tight space stop him
Champion is choc and champion he will always be
May not win who wants to be a millionaire though but never afraid
Yeah he was key component of the era team. Had mongrel

I would say it because people took exception of him spitting on the club. Whatever, I understand that, but doesnt take away his efforts in the maroon and white.
Agreed, he left and became twatmough but before then he was a manly legend. Hopefully he and matai come back into the fold one glorious day and we can thank them again.

Maybe because he is a half-baked dimwit dope with lots of space between the ears, will never forgive the Benedict Arnold. After all he's a Parramatta Slime legend now.
I don’t think I have given a dislike so I gave a disagree
All good mate
I respect and understand yiur
I know your a great supporter too

But I know choc and he is definitely not a half baked dimwit dope

at the time there was more happening than any of us knew about and choc being choc wore his heart on his sleeve just like he did on the field
Only problem was that the opposition was our internal management

Some great manly men became dis in-franchised at all levels of the club
They now speak but the period still hurts many of that era who was faced with making un fair decisions

It reads like a whose who
Snake
Gifty
Bozo
2V
Peters
Crusher
Killer DCE
Owners

I am out of this conversations only because the legacy of the team ship was as good as any side ever but the repercussions are only still discussed by us fans

Choc did us proud and us not a half baked dimwit dope

although I just showed an old team mate the original photos and discussion and he laughed and said
“ well he is close, maybe not half baked but well done “
Happy Australia Day

His back end of 2008 was as good as I've ever seen a player ( in any position) dominate.

His run into the finals was what ultimately won us the comp imo.

Opposition playmakers were running scared every time Choc was named on the team sheet.

I don’t think I have given a dislike so I gave a disagree
All good mate
I respect and understand yiur
I know your a great supporter too

But I know choc and he is definitely not a half baked dimwit dope

at the time there was more happening than any of us knew about and choc being choc wore his heart on his sleeve just like he did on the field
Only problem was that the opposition was our internal management

Some great manly men became dis in-franchised at all levels of the club
They now speak but the period still hurts many of that era who was faced with making un fair decisions

It reads like a whose who
Snake
Gifty
Bozo
2V
Peters
Crusher
Killer DCE
Owners

I am out of this conversations only because the legacy of the team ship was as good as any side ever but the repercussions are only still discussed by us fans

Choc did us proud and us not a half baked dimwit dope

although I just showed an old team mate the original photos and discussion and he laughed and said
“ well he is close, maybe not half baked but well done “
Happy Australia Day
It all good @Go manly I'm not hung up on ratings for my posts and we are all individuals with individual view points so I can respect that matey. Personally I never liked Choc as a player as he did as many dumb things as good ones and I really hated his crab sideways running style but that's just my opinion not to mention a few off the field indiscretion that never got reported. The final nail in his coffin for me is when he defected and the way he did it. Yes I know I am old school.

Happy Straya Day

Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

I remember a game against the Tigers, which we ultimately lost, when Watmough had perhaps the best game I've ever seen any backrower play. The game played out like Watmough vs 13, and he nearly came out on top. It was during that period where they started calling him "the DNA freak" because he just never slowed down in attack or defence. When he was younger that energy could be easily misdirected on the paddock, but when he was on and focussed, he was incredible. Yes, he gave a few dumb interviews when he left us for the Eels, but he gave a lot to and for the Manly club and will always be a Sea Eagle.

Choc's methodology was "team first". That meant adjusting income(s) to keep the group together at all costs. As the younger players came in, that mentality disappeared, and it was all about money first.

That didn't sit well with Choc, and he voiced his displeasure to those concerned, and the club backed the younger bloke.

2008, our playing group had a bond other teams could only dream of. That kind of mentality has disappeared from the game now.

Choc Watmough was a great player for Manly but thing with him was he was a bit of dickhead but he was our dickhead , and I was glad he played for Manly

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2