[Resurrected] Why does everyone gang up on Watmough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get you Mark
And you know more about the back office than most

but from choc and other players points of view it was the club that had had changed its values and not the playing group

the players had bought in but the club moved slightly from the original environment that helped what we achieved and relied in one in all in

this struggle made it up all the way to the coach and ensured our success as footballers became mis aligned to the manager goals

but I think that era can is not that far away again and be built in our local manly relationships

after all Des is actually back and gas got the support that at one time was not there
Ah yes VERY aware of the back room issues at the time!!

I understand from Choc’s side as well but it obviously did hurt his avid fans.

Maybe because he is a half-baked dimwit dope with lots of space between the ears, will never forgive the Benedict Arnold. After all he's a Parramatta Slime legend now.
Anyone that can negotiate a $900K per year deal for 4 years then turn up busted and get steadily worse for a year before getting paid out (in mysterious circumstances) and thus destabilising the Eels (like they need help) counts as a legend in my book...

Anyone that can negotiate a $900K per year deal for 4 years then turn up busted and get steadily worse for a year before getting paid out (in mysterious circumstances) and thus destabilising the Eels (like they need help) counts as a legend in my book...
Lol that's one way of looking at it I guess

Even better, I think 300k of his final year's salary was SOO payments owed to him by Manly that Parra agreed to take on as part of his contract haha

• 😆
Reactions: Ned

He got that much as he said he would bring Foran with him, which he did.
Look how that turned out for Parra LOL

He said things that are not popular. This does not mean he was wrong. I think he is brave to put himself out there in an arena where many need and want to be adored
Manly is a footy team, a club , a business. They make mistakes and do things that are ****. If we cant accept that we probably have a problem that is more about ourselves than reality.
Keeping stuff in house, close to the chest, locked inside is soooo 1950 's and part of the mental health epademic the world is fighting
To suggest manly is perfect is ridiculous. To many spilling the beans is not manly but forgiving those that spill the beans because they are manly boys is the true spirit of the club

He said things that are not popular. This does not mean he was wrong. I think he is brave to put himself out there in an arena where many need and want to be adored
Manly is a footy team, a club , a business. They make mistakes and do things that are ****. If we cant accept that we probably have a problem that is more about ourselves than reality.
Keeping stuff in house, close to the chest, locked inside is soooo 1950 's and part of the mental health epademic the world is fighting
To suggest manly is perfect is ridiculous. To many spilling the beans is not manly but forgiving those that spill the beans because they are manly boys is the true spirit of the club
He broke the One Commanment:
" thou shalt not take Manly's name in vain"

Ha. Love the memories an old Choc thread brings me.

His 2008 finals , and the run into the finals, was as good as I've ever seen.

He absolutely destroyed whoever was playing in the halves in that first final v the Dragons. Poor bloke was running scared by the end.

Big O is an excitement machine and has been my favourite forward in recent years. Wattmough will always be one of my all time favourites huge heart and huge motor.

Why not? Choc was upfront with his problems with Manly at the end. Yes he bad mouthed Manly after he left.

But -

Foran and Des both took Manly for a ride with BS. Foran the worst of them all.
The continual bad mouthing of the club after he left.

He was unhappy, ok fair enough.

Leave , take the big money but you keep your **** to yourself !!

I may have half forgiven Des and Foran, but Choc is still on the outer with me.
I'm with you on that, I did enjoy his time with us but the things he had to say after jumping ship were absolutely unnecessary and I can't easily forget that, maybe like with most things time will wear the edges off it but probably more time than I have left

Choc is my absolute favourite back rower that has ever played for manly (not named Steve Menzies)
The bloke bled for manly, the guy could turn a game by himself… punch holes, run 90m for solo tries, put on a defensive clinic and absolutely smash opponents…
The only part of his game I don’t miss is his mandatory drop ball on first or second tackles from kick offs… I swear he has more of those to his name than anyone else ever…
I really like olakautu, he’s a monster, but he’s no choc watmough… not yet..

Watched the 09 world club challenge highlights today ! Wow I forget how good our team was watmough Stewart and matai featured heavily our team was red hot !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2