[Resurrected] Why does everyone gang up on Watmough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc is my absolute favourite back rower that has ever played for manly (not named Steve Menzies)
The bloke bled for manly, the guy could turn a game by himself… punch holes, run 90m for solo tries, put on a defensive clinic and absolutely smash opponents…
The only part of his game I don’t miss is his mandatory drop ball on first or second tackles from kick offs… I swear he has more of those to his name than anyone else ever…
I really like olakautu, he’s a monster, but he’s no choc watmough… not yet..
Terry Randall says, 'hold my beer'.........

The continual bad mouthing of the club after he left.

He was unhappy, ok fair enough.

Leave , take the big money but you keep your **** to yourself !!

When you become disillusioned with the very thing you love, given the literal monetary and blood sacrifices you've made, given all the passion and emotion, it would be so, SO hard not to have a voice.

He's human, mate.

He bled maroon and white, and you almost don't GET more Manly. He wanted to be a one club player, but the young crew didn't want to sacrifice to stay together. They wanted as much as they could get, as fast as they could get it.

And it broke us apart, and quite literally, we haven't won a GF in 11 years since (and many of those years have been really disappointing performance wise).

Some players (Gift, Choc, Beaver, Matai, Snake and many others) should NEVER have to play for other clubs.

Took a little while to reach his full potential but can 't be in dispute with his wonderful career for Manly. Tough , speed and determination , generational player really . Was unfortunate the way he parted ways with Manly and his questionable attitude at the time but pretty insignificant in the overall scheme of things . Think that at one stage he stayed a bit below his market value but tend to think that it was not that much . In essence and like any other professional and even ruthless type sporting code , club loyalty and vice versa in many cases only goes so far and for a range of reasons . More inclined again to look at Choc "s time with Manly in a good light and anything after , no big deal . Thought that his son or one of his sons was in the Manly junior system now but not totally sure

Johnny Gibbs said at the time that manly offered him a fair contract of 650 per annum for 2 years. But he wanted longer and parra gave him 4 years! He lasted less than 1 right?

I think he could have left without trashing manly, it’s not like manly sacked him, and manly were correct on how much time he had left.

Choc is my absolute favourite back rower that has ever played for manly (not named Steve Menzies)
The bloke bled for manly, the guy could turn a game by himself… punch holes, run 90m for solo tries, put on a defensive clinic and absolutely smash opponents…
The only part of his game I don’t miss is his mandatory drop ball on first or second tackles from kick offs… I swear he has more of those to his name than anyone else ever…
I really like olakautu, he’s a monster, but he’s no choc watmough… not yet..
Yeah I am with you 100%. He bled for us while he was with us, and while he blew up on his way out, that clearly came from a position of deep hurt with what happened at the club.

Some people are able keep their emotions under control - that was never one of Choc’s attributes…

Johnny Gibbs said at the time that manly offered him a fair contract of 650 per annum for 2 years. But he wanted longer and parra gave him 4 years! He lasted less than 1 right?

I think he could have left without trashing manly, it’s not like manly sacked him, and manly were correct on how much time he had left.
@Ryan ??? Dont think it was close to that much ,was it ?

Not even close.
I know you got one of his contracts faxed to you accidentaly Ryan, but I didn't think it was that last one just before he jumped ship? I could be wrong of course! Just going off what Johnny Gibbs said on his radio show at the time.

I think where Watmough lost me was his constant sniping for a while about the situation with DCE. He made his point, and I can respect that......then he just kept going on and on about it.

He sort of reminded me a bit of Shane Warne and his beef with Steve Waugh.....fine you have an issue, you've mentioned it.....but just constantly bringing it up got very tiresome.

I know you got one of his contracts faxed to you accidentaly Ryan, but I didn't think it was that last one just before he jumped ship? I could be wrong of course! Just going off what Johnny Gibbs said on his radio show at the time.

Yep, was the last one. Actually, it was a modification of a pre-existing contract mate, where he was taking a haircut to help the club facilitate other players.

Some of Watmoughs runs across the defensive line to bust through gaps were excellent. Huge potential for Olakauatu to replicate that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6