Why bulldogs could be denied Foran cap relief

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because AFB and JakeT are only going to miss a couple of games,Foran will miss the whole season.Theres been plenty of” bitching like little girls”on here about similar issues so not sure you should be too critical of the Dogs
In my experience the biggest wingers in life are blokes. Little girls are pretty resilient.

I think the issue that the Bulldogs have is that the Representative game injury compensation is capped at $350k .... they, in my view have a point when they say if the injury is season ending they should be paid the full season value ......

Hardly whinging .... it's a valid arguement ...

Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill has called for a review of the NRL’s compensation policy for players injured on representative duty after being informed the club's salary cap relief for Kieran Foran would be limited to $350,000.

Foran, whose contract is reportedly worth up to $1.2 million this year, underwent shoulder surgery after being injured playing for New Zealand in last November’s Test against Great Britain at Eden Park and is expected to be sidelined for most of the season.

Cry me a river, why should they get special treatment.

Sorry I forgot Toddles was their CEO.

Souths can “medically retire” 2 players for existing issues for a combined $2.5m outside the cap yet the Dogs can only get $350k for an injury that happened in an NRL recognised international.
Only because Fiz is refusing to retire and is quoted as wanting another 3 year contract @:rolleyes:

The 350k was the maximum for a rep game injury.
It's only been in force for 2 years after Walker's extended injury in the PM X1s:hearteyecat:

Does anyone else get the feeling that the reason Foran is refusing to retire and wants to go on is because he has had such a bad time of it since he left Manly that he feels like he has something to prove??

Kieran Foran unfortunately is one of those players who falls into the "the worst thing he ever did was leave Manly" category.

Souths have set the bar this year but you have to be a favourite to jump over it, clearly the Bulldogs aren’t either these days.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the reason Foran is refusing to retire and wants to go on is because he has had such a bad time of it since he left Manly that he feels like he has something to prove??

Kieran Foran unfortunately is one of those players who falls into the "the worst thing he ever did was leave Manly" category.
Most probably true, he had something to prove after he left as he was so good for us.

His body was starting to fail him before he left us and he refused to modify his playing style.

As a result he started to suffer more and more and more injuries to the point he’s now so injury prone nobody would sign him for decent money.

Most probably true, he had something to prove after he left as he was so good for us.

His body was starting to fail him before he left us and he refused to modify his playing style.

As a result he started to suffer more and more and more injuries to the point he’s now so injury prone nobody would sign him for decent money.

And yet each of the 3 clubs he's been at since he left Manly have been paid him very good money, not that they have gotten any real value out of him. Most of his time at Doesn't-matta and the Dogs was/has been spent on the sidelines. His best stint was 2017 when he managed to put in 17 games playing for the Warriors, and they still finished 13th that year.

I doubt that now any club would be interested in signing him for big dollars because his reputation for producing value for money has been tarnished so much, but financially at least Foran has definitely done OK for himself since he left Brookvale.

but financially at least Foran has definitely done OK for himself since he left Brookvale.
Ironically I doubt that has ever been his motivation, his dad is loaded, after all.
He doesn't have anything to prove, I think he just loves the game.
If you already have some mental demons - which it seems he did - and then have one serious injury after another, that is a big challenge, so credit to him for continuing to fight his way back.
I worry a little for his wellbeing when he does retire, though, I hope he finds something positive out there.

Ironically I doubt that has ever been his motivation, his dad is loaded, after all.
He doesn't have anything to prove, I think he just loves the game.
If you already have some mental demons - which it seems he did - and then have one serious injury after another, that is a big challenge, so credit to him for continuing to fight his way back.
I worry a little for his wellbeing when he does retire, though, I hope he finds something positive out there.

I agree that he probably loves the game. But all that you said about the injuries and having to fight back from them, to me shows he does have something to prove. At Manly he was rated as one of the best halves in rugby league. Since then he has fallen a fair way down the list and cops it left, right and centre from just about everyone about how he isn't value for money any more.

Credit to him to keep coming back from his problems, but I do think that he feels that he has something to prove. He wants to prove all the knockers wrong, though I don't think he needs to prove it to himself because he obviously believes he can still do it as well as ever.

Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill has called for a review of the NRL’s compensation policy for players injured on representative duty after being informed the club's salary cap relief for Kieran Foran would be limited to $350,000.

Foran, whose contract is reportedly worth up to $1.2 million this year, underwent shoulder surgery after being injured playing for New Zealand in last November’s Test against Great Britain at Eden Park and is expected to be sidelined for most of the season.

What a joke the dogs calling for a review.

Canturbury are not even looking for a Foran replacement. They want the $$ to lure Ado-Carr to the club.

No sympathy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4