why all the hand wringing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
bones said:
For as long as i have been following Rugby League, on any given weekend, teams have come out and played very poorly after blitzing it the previous week and vice versa. The way Manly played last night, or last week, or even next week will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how they will play in week one of the finals, week 3 of the finals or on Grand Final day if they get there. It amazes me that after every game where Manly dont play their best that so many people immediately say we cant win. All that matters is that Manly won, are second on the ladder and are capable of beating anyone on their day and as long as that is a possibility then im happy. I agree they didnt play well last night but to suggest they are no hope of winning the premiership because of it is nothing more than dribble. In fact, last night actually gets Manly a step closer to winning the premiership because they got the two points. This season has been one of the most enjoyable seasons i have ever had watching Manly play. I plan on being there on Grand Final day because im still very confident my team will be playing.

In the cold light of today you are right Bones. We won, we're running second and likely to stay there ,you can't ask for much more. Yes we are carrying injuries but so is every other team. We have 3 weeks to get over what I think are just mostly niggling injuries. Maybe a couple need to be rested next week who knows thats what Des gets paid for. Well done Manly you are doing us all proud. Lets put the Dogs season to bed next week and then we are ready for the big ones. Storm, Broncos then the finals we should all be very very excited about the next 7 weeks of footy. We are right in the mix, 2nd favorites for the title and its mid August. Sit back, relax and have a few cold ones as we watch the battles begin. It's now down to the serious stuff and I love it.

Yes good points bones mick and susan. In cold light of day its been a fabulous season, a bit flat lately but Manly will aim up and go well in the important games ahead.

Well done boys and Des

Pittwater Legend said:
Lol mick how much did you have to drink last night? You've pulled a 180 on us.

LOL PWL I just should not drink when I watch Manly games. I just start dribbling on and on with too much crap. Ok I'm doing a Roosters and going on an alchohol ban. Lets see if I can last longer than those clowns.

I can accept the odd bit of low intensity poor showings this time of year for a variety of reasons as long as we can up the ante and pile on points when needed which is what we have done and this is a positive.

The last 2 months or so the intensity has dropped and we're still winning games which is an indicator that that the standard/quality of the competition is not that high not a reflection on how good of a team we are. This is the most annoying part for me personally as there is really only a maximum of 3-4 teams that can win the comp on their best day(all teams at full strength and in form) and all teams except the Dragons(in form and full squad) we can easily get over.

As long as our go forward and intensity picks up without even having to rectify our attacking plays or structures we can win this comp even with young halves. Our go forward and forward rotation will stop us in our tracks not our inexperienced halves pairing even though it really is a bonus year---when a comp is this weak you grab it.

Another positive to note is Kite hitting the line straighter and harder on some of his hit ups. Its a shame the issues he has with his raised knee lift forces him to check his runs with hops and skips so that he can avoid front on low up and under tackles or trying to remain side on--- you can tell its always in the back of his mind with each hit up.

Dessie has obviously had a word with him in relation to less ball playing and more hard simple yards due to King being out for the season but it was good to see the improvement---Lussick shows awesome potential and might even step up but lets not be putting too much pressure and expectations on the kid but he has looked good.

As i stated before our usually composed online defence and even further out is showing signs of hanging back in the backs and not reading plays---its more hesistant and on its heels which is a bad habit to get into. Yes Hoppa was injured in one of the tries but the habit has been there for a while and i stated straighter outside in runners will expose us---even the drop ball hole run on the left side was poor defence.

We can still win this comp stay positive---a close to full Manly squad in form will only have itself to blame if we lose against anyone except an in form Dragons team and we can beat the Dragons if our attack evolves with more options and our go forward is at its best.

Technical Coach said:
As i stated before our usually composed online defence and even further out is showing signs of hanging back in the backs and not reading plays---its more hesistant and on its heels which is a bad habit to get into. Yes Hoppa was injured in one of the tries but the habit has been there for a while and i stated straighter outside in runners will expose us---even the drop ball hole run on the left side was poor defence.

Thats where I think Robbo and Wolf (if they are fit) will better serve us. More experience out wide will stop some of the defensive errors out there. You cant beat premiership winning experience.
Robbo didnt seem himself last night hopefully he gets over this injury and we do need a fit Wolf out there. Hoppa is great but he is lacking something since his injuries.

mickqld said:
Pittwater Legend said:

LOL PWL I just should not drink when I watch Manly games. I just start dribbling on and on with too much crap. Ok I'm doing a Roosters and going on an alchohol ban. Lets see if I can last longer than those clowns.

I just love Mick's comments, he obviously bleeds marron and white, but get's all excited before a game, and is often full of doom and gloom and during a game if we are behind he really fires up, then on so many occasions in 2011 has had to swallow humble pie when the team comes back and wins.

He "says" he doesn't drink during games BUT we know that's wrong.....he just HAS to be on the Bundy or something.

Love ya work Mick, you entertain me no end!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
Pittwater Legend said:

I just love Mick's comments, he obviously bleeds marron and white, but get's all excited before a game, and is often full of doom and gloom and during a game if we are behind he really fires up, then on so many occasions in 2011 has had to swallow humble pie when the team comes back and wins.

He "says" he doesn't drink during games BUT we know that's wrong.....he just HAS to be on the Bundy or something.

Love ya work Mick, you entertain me no end!!

LMAO Mark its actually Canadian Club and coke. You think my comments are bad on here just imagine what my poor wife and kids are putting up with every time I sit down to watch Manly games. It just kills me watching live games on TV. I'm now on a Roosters alcohol ban till the finals..LOL

haven't seen watmough dominate for a long time!! remember the left handed side bursts through the line, where has that gone? can't seem to break the tackle like he used to!! never forget that origin game when he knocked them over like king pins. good thing though is he ain't dropping the ball like before. If we get both back we will will the comp.

susan said:
How many times do we have to cop your downbeat analysis.You have a right to your opinion which has some very valid points but everyone knows what is so we don't need a week to week reminder.We are likely to finish on 40 competition points this year FFS.That is a rare achieement.We have 20 year old halves and only a couple on here thought we even threaten this year so cut us some slack will you.I dont think we can win also due to inexperience in the halves(who both will be champions down the track) and an average prop rotation but being a long term supporter like yourself
you should be able to glean some joy from 12 out of 14 wins.Lighten up,its almost like you are hoping for us to lose to prove a point.

Im sure your comrade in arms TC will be on here shortly outlining in detail how bad we are across the "corridors" but please allow us some peace till then.

Never stated "how bad we are across the corridors" not once---i did say we play in corridors and this is a good and bad style of play making us predictable in some areas but allowing structure and composure under pressure.

Comprehension skills lacking or could this be a result of a mid aged single professional women angry with the world, not reading things with a clear mind---i understand it's all good.

Ralphie said:
susan said:
How many times do we have to cop your downbeat analysis.You have a right to your opinion which has some very valid points but everyone knows what is so we don't need a week to week reminder.We are likely to finish on 40 competition points this year FFS.That is a rare achieement.We have 20 year old halves and only a couple on here thought we even threaten this year so cut us some slack will you.I dont think we can win also due to inexperience in the halves(who both will be champions down the track) and an average prop rotation but being a long term supporter like yourself
you should be able to glean some joy from 12 out of 14 wins.Lighten up,its almost like you are hoping for us to lose to prove a point.

Im sure your comrade in arms TC will be on here shortly outlining in detail how bad we are across the "corridors" but please allow us some peace till then.

I keep on saying it because that's how I see it. You keep on saying the opposite because that's how you see it and I respect that.

I don't ever wish for my team to lose and there would be no one happier than I would be if we were to switch on ala 2008, but I just don't see that happening.

You are right, we have performed better than most of us thought this year, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared to call a spade a spade. The one thing I hate more than anything is blind optimism in place of reasoned thoughtful analysis.

Edit: Oh, and please don't ever put me in the same basket as TC, I'm seriously offend by that slur.....LOL

Come on Ralphie chin up---- you might be able to name drop like others if your being compared to me as i do know it all and have inside contacts to boot---oops those meds are not working must be on the same gear as little Miss Susie.

mickqld said:
Pittwater Legend said:

haha thought you must of been on the sauce last night. you were very emotional.

Been guilty of drunk posts myself lol

Dan maybe we need to have a status update so people know when we are a bit blind while posting

Is that "Warning I am pissed so don't beleive anything I say"

Mick needs one of these on a permanent basis.....LOL

The spins cycle is stuffed on me washer, just does wash cycles have to take them out & hand wring them before i hang em ;)..

I agree with Ralphie. Our peformances are all heading the wrong way with only three rounds to go. We look more like St Choke than we do the Tiges or Warriors or Broncs or Storm. Our attack is pedestrian and we got a win against Parra after they decided to drop the ball in front of their line more times than a Lotto draw.

I hope we win the comp but something is just not right with our attack. My cloudy crystal ball says none or one win from the next three unless someone puts a rocket up them. Hell, put them all on a massive diet as the hunger is just not there.

ManlyBacker said:
I agree with Ralphie. Our peformances are all heading the wrong way with only three rounds to go. We look more like St Choke than we do the Tiges or Warriors or Broncs or Storm. Our attack is pedestrian and we got a win against Parra after they decided to drop the ball in front of their line more times than a Lotto draw.

I hope we win the comp but something is just not right with our attack. My cloudy crystal ball says none or one win from the next three unless someone puts a rocket up them. Hell, put them all on a massive diet as the hunger is just not there.
i agree to some extent MB im mildly concenred but we dont want to be peaking now.

rd 25 and 26 will say alot for our season.

I think best case for us is to head in to round 26 with 2nd sewn up but 1st out of reach so des can rest alot of blokes against brisbane.

We seemed to have played some of our best footy after byes.

Have em fresh win the first week of the finals and then throw everything we have into the prelim final and hopefully the GF.

Des is a smart man im sure he has them exactley where he wants them.

While I'm not always happy with how Manly perform in all parts of their games, I do have to give myself a reality check sometimes to realise how well they have performed this year overall. At this stage of the final 8 Manly have played teams in the 8, 9 times while Melbourne have only played 7. On top of that Manly have played the 9nth placed team (Souths) twice while Melbourne have only played them once.
Also remember Manly have scored more tries than any other team. I know it's a funny comp but...................we're right in it up to our eyeballs and deserve to be rated probably even higher than the Storm.
Keep all this under the radar though???????

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2