why all the hand wringing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Anyone who thought that was going to be an easy 2 points was dead set kidding.

Parra

-led storm 18-0 and just got run down
-with any luck at all could have beaten saints,melbourne,manly twice and brisbane this year.lost or drew all in wire to wire thrillers.probably performed as well as anyone against quality opposition with no luck.
-flogged the tigers 22-6 and beat cowboys 22-20
-always lift against Manly
-were coming off an incredibly emabarrassing loss

Funny how Melbourne come from behind after playing like cats and it is "great culture" and "never say die" and we have a come from behind win and it is given short shrift by all and sundry.

The NRL comp is a week by week proposition with 100% required each week.We did not play well but found a way to win which good sides do.

I dont think we win the comp this year because our halves need one more year of combinations and and our front row rotation is now simply ordinary with King gone but one lackluste performance against the slime is hardly something to cry about.We were great last week against a roosters side who should have got the tigers and had shown some form leading into the game but that is just thrown out the window.Get a grip and enjoy the ride.We will come up a little short in all likelihood but it has been a pleasant ride for sure this year.

I agree about Parra lifting for us but that's about it. We have young halves but we have the Stewarts and Lyon to make up for that. The problem tonight was we couldn't play to the right side for most of the game and we were going laterally too early. The defence down that side was terrible as well because we had Hoppa hobbling and Lyon with a niggle. We can still win it but we need Lyon providing opportunities on his side. I thought the fowards were fine, the problems were on the edges.

susan said:
Anyone who thought that was going to be an easy 2 points was dead set kidding.

Parra

-led storm 18-0 and just got run down
-with any luck at all could have beaten saints,melbourne,manly twice and brisbane this year.lost or drew all in wire to wire thrillers.probably performed as well as anyone against quality opposition with no luck.
-flogged the tigers 22-6 and beat cowboys 22-20
-always lift against Manly
-were coming off an incredibly emabarrassing loss

Funny how Melbourne come from behind after playing like cats and it is "great culture" and "never say die" and we have a come from behind win and it is given short shrift by all and sundry.

The NRL comp is a week by week proposition with 100% required each week.We did not play well but found a way to win which good sides do.

I dont think we win the comp this year because our halves need one more year of combinations and and our front row rotation is now simply ordinary with King gone but one lackluste performance against the slime is hardly something to cry about.We were great last week against a roosters side who should have got the tigers and had shown some form leading into the game but that is just thrown out the window.Get a grip and enjoy the ride.We will come up a little short in all likelihood but it has been a pleasant ride for sure this year.

But....souffs are 4 points out of the 8 (at this stage),and I don't rate them at all.They put 50+ on parra.We are running 2nd,and should have been able to put at least 50 on them!

Making comparisons of one teams performance against another team is completely spurious.

If you guys can't watch our performances over the past eight weeks and realise we are playing poorly then I'm afraid you are wearing your maroon & white glasses.

An unbiased judge would conclude that we seem to have hit the wall. Our attack is disjointed and our defence is brutal in patches and fragile at other times. We have numerous injured players who are trying to play through their injuries and it shows.

How many times do we have to cop your downbeat analysis.You have a right to your opinion which has some very valid points but everyone knows what is so we don't need a week to week reminder.We are likely to finish on 40 competition points this year FFS.That is a rare achieement.We have 20 year old halves and only a couple on here thought we even threaten this year so cut us some slack will you.I dont think we can win also due to inexperience in the halves(who both will be champions down the track) and an average prop rotation but being a long term supporter like yourself
you should be able to glean some joy from 12 out of 14 wins.Lighten up,its almost like you are hoping for us to lose to prove a point.

Im sure your comrade in arms TC will be on here shortly outlining in detail how bad we are across the "corridors" but please allow us some peace till then.

susan said:
How many times do we have to cop your downbeat analysis.You have a right to your opinion which has some very valid points but everyone knows what is so we don't need a week to week reminder.We are likely to finish on 40 competition points this year FFS.That is a rare achieement.We have 20 year old halves and only a couple on here thought we even threaten this year so cut us some slack will you.I dont think we can win also due to inexperience in the halves(who both will be champions down the track) and an average prop rotation but being a long term supporter like yourself
you should be able to glean some joy from 12 out of 14 wins.Lighten up,its almost like you are hoping for us to lose to prove a point.

Im sure your comrade in arms TC will be on here shortly outlining in detail how bad we are across the "corridors" but please allow us some peace till then.

I keep on saying it because that's how I see it. You keep on saying the opposite because that's how you see it and I respect that.

I don't ever wish for my team to lose and there would be no one happier than I would be if we were to switch on ala 2008, but I just don't see that happening.

You are right, we have performed better than most of us thought this year, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared to call a spade a spade. The one thing I hate more than anything is blind optimism in place of reasoned thoughtful analysis.

Edit: Oh, and please don't ever put me in the same basket as TC, I'm seriously offend by that slur.....LOL

ralphie

Apolgize for that viscious slur.You are right- no man deserves that.

Point is that I don't think the opposite of your views at all.I think we may fall at the final hurdle but i view our performances through the prysm of inexperience and expectation at season start and love what I see for the future.

For as long as i have been following Rugby League, on any given weekend, teams have come out and played very poorly after blitzing it the previous week and vice versa. The way Manly played last night, or last week, or even next week will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how they will play in week one of the finals, week 3 of the finals or on Grand Final day if they get there. It amazes me that after every game where Manly dont play their best that so many people immediately say we cant win. All that matters is that Manly won, are second on the ladder and are capable of beating anyone on their day and as long as that is a possibility then im happy. I agree they didnt play well last night but to suggest they are no hope of winning the premiership because of it is nothing more than dribble. In fact, last night actually gets Manly a step closer to winning the premiership because they got the two points. This season has been one of the most enjoyable seasons i have ever had watching Manly play. I plan on being there on Grand Final day because im still very confident my team will be playing.

My Souths mate Jase reckons we are about to have our "finals" fall over again and reckons he was laughing his head off as the Parra bomb went up and we were at 6's and 7's, compared to their 50 point shellacking!! We aren't in great form but we are still winning!! It has been a top 2011 in terms of results. Worried now about injuries into final series though!!

kingy, hoppa, wolfie, jamie, foran, trex, matai, damn!! wrong time for this to happen,

Darren if u mate jase has so much to say why doesn't he f**ken join this place. Maybe you should remind that souths have made the finals twice since 1986 and have lost all 3 games.

Injuries aside this team is as good a shot as anyone. Sure- i am 100% 1 eyed as a supporter but a realist also. The Parra game was a testimony to not a great performance but a game that would have been lost in 2009 & 2010 & showed huge character. Fact is the Eels would have knocked over most teams with that ultra enthusiastic performance. Also to the people who keep raving on about these young inexperienced halves falling come crunch time theres no substance to your opinion. They make some poor calls at times like ALL halves who have to decide between option A-Z every set - comes with the turf of wearing 6 & 7. Major injuries & suspensions are the only reason the Seaeagles have not got at least 1 more premiership in the last 2 years. Time will tell but theres gunna be plenty of eggs for faces on here come seasons end - i would prefer to see it on the Manly haters, not our own supporters - at least give our guys a go before writing them off.....

Can't be too bad a side if they have been poor for 2 months yet still sit 2nd in the comp in attack and defence leading into this weekend

he is actually pretty good with his comments, i enjoy his banter as he doesn't go for us and he watches impartially. Thinks Glenn is brilliant, reckons watmough is so overrated and does stuff all every week. Thinks our halves are worth a million bucks, pretty on the money

To say Manly cannot win the Grand Final because of how they played last night would be as ridiculous as saying they can't lose it because of how they played the previous week.

bones said:
For as long as i have been following Rugby League, on any given weekend, teams have come out and played very poorly after blitzing it the previous week and vice versa. The way Manly played last night, or last week, or even next week will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how they will play in week one of the finals, week 3 of the finals or on Grand Final day if they get there. It amazes me that after every game where Manly dont play their best that so many people immediately say we cant win. All that matters is that Manly won, are second on the ladder and are capable of beating anyone on their day and as long as that is a possibility then im happy. I agree they didnt play well last night but to suggest they are no hope of winning the premiership because of it is nothing more than dribble. In fact, last night actually gets Manly a step closer to winning the premiership because they got the two points. This season has been one of the most enjoyable seasons i have ever had watching Manly play. I plan on being there on Grand Final day because im still very confident my team will be playing.

In the cold light of today you are right Bones. We won, we're running second and likely to stay there ,you can't ask for much more. Yes we are carrying injuries but so is every other team. We have 3 weeks to get over what I think are just mostly niggling injuries. Maybe a couple need to be rested next week who knows thats what Des gets paid for. Well done Manly you are doing us all proud. Lets put the Dogs season to bed next week and then we are ready for the big ones. Storm, Broncos then the finals we should all be very very excited about the next 7 weeks of footy. We are right in the mix, 2nd favorites for the title and its mid August. Sit back, relax and have a few cold ones as we watch the battles begin. It's now down to the serious stuff and I love it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4