Who's your pick?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
saints pretty easily for mine.

bulldogs to improve markedly.canberra will appreciate orford a lot and go well.they have so much brilliance and only need a bit of experience.penrith and warriors to go good and tigers to dissapoint.manly a lot better than last year and will make top 6.

DSM5 link said:
Campese wont be back this season.  Ox is crap so the Raiders wont make the eight.  Tigers are the threat to us.  St George will be the other threat.  Warriors can't win away from home.  Qld teams still basket cases,  Melbourne have no pack, Dogs haven't a back line and some of their forwards are near retirement village time.  Rorters will fade given this is Smith's second season.  All downhill from here for them.  Newcastle haven't got a functional half, 5/8th.  Were there with the silverware held high.   

Campese will be back this season - round 10 - 12

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=186488.msg316456#msg316456 date=1297948470]
If I was Tom Shines

Who ???

I think the Broncos will be a big threat with Hannant & Hodges back in the traces.
[/quote]

The special man otherwise known as Tim Sheens.

I agree that the Broncos should be up there again unfortunately. I can see Hannant having a big year.

Storm.

Beau Champion, Cooper Cronk, Ryan Hinchcliff, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Anthony Quinn, & some huge forwards.

No idea how they made the cap this year either.

Tigers have been training with Moltzen almost exclusively at halfback with the topside and Lui training as the 2nd. Lui is a spaz and as shown early last year Moltzen isn't great under the high ball. He is a great playmaker and will wear 7 during the main season even if Lui is playing in teh halves in the trail this weekend.
At 7 Moltzen > Lui
At 1 McKinnon > Moltzen
Above equations combined = Lui misses a spot

Money wise its hard to go past Dragons for a bet but I think Tigers will be dangerous this year coming odd last years confidence and a wiser head on Marshall's shoulders. I also like the Warriors this year. My darkies are Cowboys with a revamped forward pack, a few new backs Thurston could turn it around if he is playing at his best. I also think Titans will struggle the first few rounds as some key players are still in rehab but will come back strong mid season as long as they pick a decent 5/8 to take the pressure off Prince

I think Saints are still the team to beat.  They will be slightly down on last year.  The question will be whether that is still good enough to win.

The only other team that really scares me is the Raiders.  I don't think Ox will be their saviour and to be honest I don't expect him to play that well, but I think his influence will be one of many positive factors that result in the Raiders becoming a real force in 2011.

My ladder prediction for what its worth (wouldn't surprise me if it was upside down though!):

Dragons
Raiders
Tigers
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Storm
Titans
Broncos
-----------
Warriors
Panthers
Eels
Dogs
Knights
Cowboys
Sharks

I meant to write before but missed, I think the Raiders ahve the potential to go all the way. What could strike them down is there are a lot of guys who could get struck by 2nd year syndrome or who won't replicate their top form. It was a great side all firing at the same time. If they can do that again, there is no stopping them, but if not they could be in the same boat as the Eels last year, all the expectations and just struggle. I hope they fire cause like most guys in their 20's I have a soft spot for the Raiders

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186488.msg316469#msg316469 date=1297975051]
Campese wont be back this season.  Ox is crap so the Raiders wont make the eight.  Tigers are the threat to us.  St George will be the other threat.  Warriors can't win away from home.  Qld teams still basket cases,  Melbourne have no pack, Dogs haven't a back line and some of their forwards are near retirement village time.  Rorters will fade given this is Smith's second season.  All downhill from here for them.  Newcastle haven't got a functional half, 5/8th.  Were there with the silverware held high.   

Campese will be back this season - round 10 - 12
[/quote]
Even so, by the time Campese gets his full confidence and form back it'll be well into the second half of the season and by then I think it'll be too late.

I basically agree with DSM5 - Tigers and Dragons look the goods for mine. Disagree about the Roosters though - they'll maintain their form from last year and Smith's 2nd year won't affect them. Also I think the Panthers will be up there too.

Don't rate the Raiders or Storm and think the Dogs will miss Kimmorley and the Titans will miss Rogers. Not sure about the Warriors - depends on Inu and Mateo.

I am a (self-proclaimed) expert on NRL but I'm afraid I have no idea what will happen this year. Look forward to watching though!

I ccan't understand the support for the Raiders.  Campese won all the Raiders games for them last year, and they could have won the last one, if Campese hadn't been injured two minutes from the critical penalty.  As he won't be around next year, so they won't come close.  I'm reconsidering my support for the Tigers given that teams playing them will have worked out;
1  the blindside scrum play Marshall to Ticquiri near the line and
2  that Ticquiri can't defend and so attack him and you win.
Therefore the team we will beat in the GF will be the Goons.     

I can't see the support for the Tigers really. Smash the living s**t out of there little forward pack and they crumble.

As much as people will say "what about the Benji factor" see above

(the post looks a  little better now) :p

Canterbury and St George.

Big improver: North Queensland

Melbourne will go top four.

Shane link said:
Moltzen at FB if Lui gets off

They've got Wade Mackinnon at fullback, Moltzenshould play halfback. I don;t think they have lost a game with moltzen at half.

Ryno link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186488.msg316452#msg316452 date=1297948104]

Moltzen at FB if Lui gets off

They've got Wade Mackinnon at fullback, Moltzenshould play halfback. I don;t think they have lost a game with moltzen at half.
[/quote]

Moltzen is injured again. He will be out for 4-6 weeks so will probably miss the first 2 or 3 rounds.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6283

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8