Who's your pick?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apart from Manly, who is your pick for the next best team in the comp.
If you can be arsed you can give details why :-\....
The Raiders for mine. Orford and Campese to run riot behind their monster forward pack. Dugan to become 2nd best fullback in the game.

I'll second that Wombat. I think there specials for the top 4.

I doubt anyone will score more points than them this year

You don't think they'll struggle on the road again?
I think between the Tigers and Penrith, one will have another strong season and one will buckle under the pressure of expectations. I don't know which one is which though.

I have this BAD BAD feeling that melbourne will be back close to the top. Bellyache would have come up with some new move/rort to override their roster weaknesses this year.

Saints
Tigers
Storm  ::)
& Titans to be there abouts

Souths and penrith to dissapoint.

Dragons look the goods to me, but they will have to replace Smith and Costigan who were very good last season.

Campese is out for the bulk of the season, and if Orfords form in 2009 is any indication of how he'll go he won't be their saviour, monster forward pack or not.

If Marshall stays fit and plays with confidence the Tigers will be up there, especially with Moltzen back.

I like the Raiders and think they will have a good year with Ox there.  I also like the look of the Warriors.  They've picked up Mateo, Inu and Steve Rapira.  They could pose a few problems for sides this year.

If Cleary can get Mateo and Inu to play to their potential for 80 minutes every week then he is a miracle worker,.... he will also win the comp.

Agree Chip and Chase.  I'm looking forward to the trial coming up to see what they have this year.

Raiders have threatened to break into the top tier for a while but have never managed to do it. Plenty of their young players have started to reach their potential now so they'll need to get something soon or they may leak players like nobody's business.

Warriors should be a top 8 team again, halves are the problem for them IMO. Another year under their belts should be good for their combinations.

As much as it pains me to say it, Tigers should do well again next year. We can only hope that someone dumps Benji on his shoulder early on. Be interesting to see if they play Moltzen at 7 or 1.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Saints & Penrith up there again either.

Raiders are specials actually,Huge forward pack,awesome fullback and the best short kicking game in the modern era,midway through the season they get a top notch 5/8 who has the strongest boot of all the NRL

A deadly mix of your f**ked

Moltzen at FB if Lui gets off

Shane link said:
Raiders are specials actually,Huge forward pack,awesome fullback and the best short kicking game in the modern era,midway through the season they get a top notch 5/8 who has the strongest boot of all the NRL

A deadly mix of your f**ked

Moltzen at FB if Lui gets off

I think that Campo will take a while to get back to his usual form. I'm a big fan of the bloke & have campaigned to get him at 6 for NSW for a while now but it takes an effort to come back from a knee injury like his. Raiders have terrible depth in the halves as well which is a worry.

If I was Tom Shines I'd have Moltzen at halfback because I think that Lui is a fraud of a player. You're probably right though, he'll be at fullback if Lui is in the 25.

Campo is a kick bazooka,his form per say doesnt bother me,aslong as his got that golden kick Ox can do the rest,Hooker is the only relevant position in the raiders i dont rate

Waddell isn't bad, nor is Butriss. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

McCrone however is awful, they looked terrible whenever he was wearing 7. I heard that Mark Herbert got offed, not sure where but he was never much chop either. They'll be banking on Ox big time. If it's 08 Ox then they'll do well, if it's 09 Ox then they'll sink.

See i think 09 Forward pack was our downfall
Ox had to little room to work,Choc was the only one who fired
Kite was in danger of being renamed Cat
Perry was back to his marshmellow self
Bailey played....nuff said
Hall was well,Hall

Wolfpack link said:
Waddell isn't bad, nor is Butriss. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

McCrone however is awful, they looked terrible whenever he was wearing 7. I heard that Mark Herbert got offed, not sure where but he was never much chop either. They'll be banking on Ox big time. If it's 08 Ox then they'll do well, if it's 09 Ox then they'll sink.

Picker (not sure which one there's three) will partner Ox for the first 10 weeks I'd imagine. I bet you the Raiders are kicking themselves releasing a) Todd Carney and b) Micheal Dobson

Ox was playing well for Bradford until the shoulder injury

Campese wont be back this season.  Ox is crap so the Raiders wont make the eight.  Tigers are the threat to us.  St George will be the other threat.  Warriors can't win away from home.  Qld teams still basket cases,  Melbourne have no pack, Dogs haven't a back line and some of their forwards are near retirement village time.  Rorters will fade given this is Smith's second season.  All downhill from here for them.  Newcastle haven't got a functional half, 5/8th.  Were there with the silverware held high.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7