Who's the best?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think anything could surpass 2008. I almost passed out when Beaver scored his try and I reckon I was the last person to leave the stadium.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Clint said:
95-97 team for me. So dominant over that period. Should have won at least two, if not, all 3 GF's in this time. 1 from 3 is not a true reflection of how dominant this team was.

I always think it was similar to the Roosters in 2002-04. 3 Grand Finals and only 1 Premiership. Of course, our Manly side from 1995-97 was much stronger and much more dominant.. but the parallel can be made.

It's hard to say , I can't comment on 78 I was only young.( great 1978 stat though). But started following manly because of phil Blake & Graham eadie. I liked 87 watching my team beat raiders and dominant ( 1st premiership for me and remembering how Wally Lewis hated us ).

Though the nineties was awesome also shattering. great defense loved Matty ridge

Don't know what happened in 95 don't want to think about it. But I do know if ridge didn't leave we would of had 97 and if only cliffy hit that field goal. ( it was only half a comp anyway ). Then we had Menzies who left a sensational memory in the hearts of all manly supporters in the 2000's. I'm just happy to see our team succeed and we have done well , who knows it could be 2013 as well.

IQofalimabean said:
Its the 08 side for me, they just dominated all opposition in the finals when it mattered and beat an all star Melbourne side that was way over the cap.

Manly did dominate that finals series, no doubt about that. The only thing that takes a little lustre off the 2008 GF win was the absence of Cam Smith for Melbourne. He is such a key part of their side, that they aren't anywhere near as formidable an opponent if he isn't there. If he had played and we had won comfortably then yes it would have been a phenomenal victory. Still, Menzies' try in that GF was all time greatest Manly moment....**goosebumps**

Clint said:
95-97 team for me. So dominant over that period. Should have won at least two, if not, all 3 GF's in this time. 1 from 3 is not a true reflection of how dominant this team was.
This pretty much sums it up imo.
In fact had they won all 3 as they well should have considering the dominance of this period, I feel it the thread question would change to - who was the 2nd best....

Go manly said:
There have been no bad ones thats for sure-
But you had to be there for the 5 straight games in 78-sitting in the Sheridan stand singing the songs-it was just unbelievable how we kept on going and the manly fans just kept making noise
I can remember making the train trip as a 13 year old from wolongong on the old rattlers decked out in full colours on the way up full of expectation- then the train trip home-no voice-and a little bit happy from the royal reserve port that we could buy at central station for the trip home-
Go manly

Went to most of these semis in 1978, always a treat to get them out and watch every off season. I remember the Royal Reserve Port with the Sherries stacked in the window at Central station.
Can't help loving Manly.

2013 is the best in my opinion. because it is this year, our ninth title that makes us the best of all time, considering the salary cap and all the new rules, and to be the most dominate in the modern era even with all the set backs we endure.

manlyfan76 said:
2013 is the best in my opinion. because it is this year, our ninth title that makes us the best of all time, considering the salary cap and all the new rules, and to be the most dominate in the modern era even with all the set backs we endure.

What about 2014 when we go back to back?

I am hoping the present team will answer the question of this thread :)

They might you know; I am seeing the foundations....

1995 Eagles were our best for mine - yes they came up one game short but that year when they won 15...yes 15 in a row to start the year was just about the best year we ever had...played a bad game on GF day but when has Manly ever gone through a year like 1995 when we never played a bad game (until the GF) AND this same team (give or take )then went on to win 1996 and lose 1997 bya shandy.

1995 (with an asterisk) for me. Thats my fav it was our rebirth.

It's hard to compare eras and every Manly team Ive ever seen have been pretty awesome except for the ADT sponsor era when Alan Thompson was coach (media article once said ADT = A Dumb Team) becasue we were pretty ****-Haus. Regardless, we have never got the Spoon and that says alot about the culture.

Manly bring the best out of all thier players and when they leave the club people realise that it wasnt the individual player that was awesome, it was the team he played with that made them look good.

Been following manly since the northern eagles merger(old bears supporter) have to say 2008 esp after the rebuilding years we went through to get to that point and sending beaver off a winner...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6