who will be selected for Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What about in the case of injuries to our 2 top 30 hookers (Crocker & Roache?).

We can apply for special dispensation to bring Geordie up then, can’t we?
Yeah but each case is judged on its merits, they could turn around and say for example Lawton can play hooker and therefore deny the application.

1 Turbo
2 Tuipulotu
3 Koula
4 Parker
5 Garrick
6 The Shu
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Froggy (All Hail Froggy)
10 Keppie (All Hail Keppie)
11 Olakau'atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Jake

14 Weekes
15 Aloiao
16 Sipley
17 Fifita

I have Jake at lock ... not because he doesn't go well at prop .. but just because I like more muscle, size and grunt up front ... and because Jake is also a world class lock .

Our backs will only win the dancing with the stars trophy ... if the pigs win the middle ..

Last edited:
Pretty much identical to what I was thinking.
I'm not really sure what the difference is betwen lock and prop any more, but yes both Jake and Keppie to start.
Paseka, Sipley and Aloia will improve with game time.
Tuipulotu on a wing for sure.
Like that bench, especially Weekes and Fifita. They will add something when they come on (and presumably under the new coaching regime, they will actually come on! Under the previous management, that wasn't always a given)

This is the team i'd like to see at full strength

1.Turbo
2.Garrick
3.Weeks
4.Koula
5.Saab

6.Shuster
7.DCE

8.Keppie
9.Croker
10.Jake
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bully/Fulton

14.Gordie
15.Aloiao
16.Peseka
17.Bully/Fulton
Like this team only difference is I'd pick bully as the 13 and Lawton as the 17

1 Turbo
2 Tuipulotu
3 Koula
4 Parker
5 Garrick
6 The Shu
7 DCE
8 Paseka
10 Keppie (All Hail Froggy)
11 Olakau'atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Jake

14 Weekes
15 Aloiao
16 Sipley
17 Fifita

I have Jake at lock ... not because he doesn't go well at prop .. but just because I like more muscle, size and grunt up front ... and because Jake is also a world class lock .

Our backs will only win the dancing with the stars trophy ... if the pigs win the middle ..
I see little to no difference between Keppie or Jake starting at lock. What I do see is 3 big middles whose main priority is to win the ruck on both sides of the ball. Simplify the job and throw big bodies at it.

I honestly think the switch is to quiet the outside noise that Jake needs to play prop.

Another good example of this is Cotter wearing 10 and Taumalolo wearing 13, Cotter plays the big minutes and LoLo plays a traditional prop role. The numbers mean nothing and can be swapped freely to placate sausage roll eating numb nuts.

I see little to no difference between Keppie or Jake starting at lock. What I do see is 3 big middles whose main priority is to win the ruck on both sides of the ball. Simplify the job and throw big bodies at it.

I honestly think the switch is to quiet the outside noise that Jake needs to play prop.

Another good example of this is Cotter wearing 10 and Taumalolo wearing 13, Cotter plays the big minutes and LoLo plays a traditional prop role. The numbers mean nothing and can be swapped freely to placate sausage roll eating numb nuts.

The BIG difference between lock and prop is ... jake can play 80 minutes there ... whilst a prop plays 2 20/25 min spells ..

I want jake on the field as much of the game as I can get ... even if he gets a bit tired.

The BIG difference between lock and prop is ... jake can play 80 minutes there ... whilst a prop plays 2 20/25 min spells ..

I want jake on the field as much of the game as I can get ... even if he gets a bit tired.
Who says? There is no rule against subbing of your lock instead of your prop. The coaches instructions decide his role, not the number on his back.

Who says? There is no rule against subbing of your lock instead of your prop. The coaches instructions decide his role, not the number on his back.

I think it would have a greater relationship to the workload of the 2 positions ... props are trained to give 100% in attack and defense for 20 mins, knowing they will be spelled ... locks can pick and choice when to run and pace themselves.

You are correct, the number they are wearing doesn't matter .. but the role they are playing does .. props and locks are different ,

I think it would have a greater relationship to the workload of the 2 positions ... props are trained to give 100% in attack and defense for 20 mins, knowing they will be spelled ... locks can pick and choice when to run and pace themselves.

You are correct, the number they are wearing doesn't matter .. but the role they are playing does .. props and locks are different ,
In the structure we played on the weekend there was literally no difference between 8, 10 and 13. Props and Locks are traditionally different but not always.

I think Seibs will play 3 props for the first 20-25 then will make subs depending on how the game goes. If we are losing the middle it'll be 2 props for 2 props (Jake stays on regardless of number/position). If we are dominating the middle it'll be 2 props (not Jake) for a prop and Weekes to exploit tiring opposition.

I'm pretty sure we aren't disagreeing at all here, just arguing semantics.

In the structure we played on the weekend there was literally no difference between 8, 10 and 13. Props and Locks are traditionally different but not always.

I think Seibs will play 3 props for the first 20-25 then will make subs depending on how the game goes. If we are losing the middle it'll be 2 props for 2 props (Jake stays on regardless of number/position). If we are dominating the middle it'll be 2 props (not Jake) for a prop and Weekes to exploit tiring opposition.

No way jake plays 80 min as a traditional prop ... the whole principle of power forwards is 100% effort over short bursts and rotation ... he is either a prop .. or he isn't.. that was the problem with Des and walker ... moving jake who had already played 30 min at lock to front row (to mark up against a fresh forward) without expecting a decrease in front row grunt ... was nonsense .

For my old dinosaur ways .. either jake is an 80 min lock ... or a part of the prop rotation ... anything else is a disaster.

No way jake plays 80 min as a traditional prop ... the whole principle of power forwards is 100% effort over short bursts and rotation ... he is either a prop .. or he isn't.. that was the problem with Des and walker ... moving jake who had already played 30 min at lock to front row (to mark up against a fresh forward) without expecting a decrease in front row grunt ... was nonsense .

For my old dinosaur ways .. either jake is an 80 min lock ... or a part of the prop rotation ... anything else is a disaster.
80 as 1 of 2 props is impossible but last year he was easily playing 70 and occasionally 80 while starting at lock and shifting to front row after 20.

80 as 1 of 2 props is impossible but last year he was easily playing 70 and occasionally 80 while starting at lock and shifting to front row after 20.

Yes ... and the results show how much are forward strength diminished ... let's not be too clever and go back there ..

Give me 5 props on rotation going 100% .. and jake doing 80 at lock.

Yes ... and the results show how much are forward strength diminished ... let's not be too clever and go back there ..

Give me 5 props on rotation going 100% .. and jake doing 80 at lock.
How does playing lock save any of his energy if his job is to tackle everything that moves, earn quick ptbs and occasionally distribute the ball. The position/number means nothing.

How does playing lock save any of his energy if his job is to tackle everything that moves, earn quick ptbs and occasionally distribute the ball. The position/number means nothing.

It is a matter of intensity ... I am sure Keppie could play for 3 hours straight ... if he lowered his intensity to an appropriate level ....

At lock, Jake can choose when to take a run, and when not to ... and obviously over the years he has his level of involvement at lock down to a tee ...

But the last thing in the world you want is your props going at any pace less than 100% ... that is why they are rotated ... whether after 15 mins or 25 mins .... they have to go full bore ...

The 2 roles are entirely different.

Agreed. All depends on tactics/ overall strategy. At the Storm, big Nelson doesn't play 80 at lock but plays as another prop. At Panthers, Yeoh plays 80 as a middle and link man (as does Murray at Souths). Countless examples of teams going either way. Listing Jake at 8 and Keppie at 13 simply says that Seibold and Flanagan want that extra prop in rotation.

As the season progresses and Gordie becomes eligible, Lawton back from injury, and both in great form, can see the possibility of using them with Croker as guys who can split their time between 9 and a mobile 13, maybe offering another point of attack through the middle in the same way McInnes and Finucane, and spelling Brailey at Sharks, sharing the prop, lock, and hooking duties.

At the end of the day, a middle forward is a middle forward. In the modern game, you will most probably require both types to be successful

Agreed. All depends on tactics/ overall strategy. At the Storm, big Nelson doesn't play 80 at lock but plays as another prop. At Panthers, Yeoh plays 80 as a middle and link man (as does Murray at Souths). Countless examples of teams going either way. Listing Jake at 8 and Keppie at 13 simply says that Seibold and Flanagan want that extra prop in rotation.

As the season progresses and Gordie becomes eligible, Lawton back from injury, and both in great form, can see the possibility of using them with Croker as guys who can split their time between 9 and a mobile 13, maybe offering another point of attack through the middle in the same way McInnes and Finucane, and spelling Brailey at Sharks, sharing the prop, lock, and hooking duties.

At the end of the day, a middle forward is a middle forward. In the modern game, you will most probably require both types to be successful
Another kick arse add. Whats happening around here

It is a matter of intensity ... I am sure Keppie could play for 3 hours straight ... if he lowered his intensity to an appropriate level ....

At lock, Jake can choose when to take a run, and when not to ... and obviously over the years he has his level of involvement at lock down to a tee ...

But the last thing in the world you want is your props going at any pace less than 100% ... that is why they are rotated ... whether after 15 mins or 25 mins .... they have to go full bore ...

The 2 roles are entirely different.
Jake can also choose when to take a run when wearing 10. My point is that the middles will swap numbers but will essentially play as if nothing has changed at all, except Jake does a bit less ball playing.

1 Turbo
2 Tuipulotu
3 Koula
4 Parker
5 Garrick
6 The Shu
7 DCE
8 Paseka
10 Keppie (All Hail Keppie)
11 Olakau'atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Jake

14 Weekes
15 Aloiao
16 Sipley
17 Fifita

Snap!!...Exactly the team I would pick.

Jake can also choose when to take a run when wearing 10. My point is that the middles will swap numbers but will essentially play as if nothing has changed at all, except Jake does a bit less ball playing.

Simple question Will .... is Jake playing for 80 minutes .... or is he part of the forward rotation ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8