who will be selected for Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jurbo
11. Tuilagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Keppie
14. Weekes
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Fifita
18. Burbo

6 big middle forwards might be a bit much so wouldn't be shocked to see Burbo come in on the bench. Possibly for Aloiai as he looks a bit underdone after a shortened preseason.

Last edited:
We have depth in the squad but it's very uneven. Gordie will definitely get a go later in the year which makes sense, can't expect him to play an entire long NRL season first up.
Weekes isn't a centre or winger but I agree needs to be in the 17, even if only as cover for Tom.
Big risk asking Croker to play 80 minutes.
We have this allegedly brilliant collection of coaches now, will be curious to find out their plan!
Weekes on the bench makes the most sense, could even spell Croker if absolutely necessary.

Yeah I messaged young Gordie it's 2024 unfortunately. He is ready pointless holding him back 9 an area of weakness since Api left and fainu issues.
Weekes has got to be there hell I even put him in the centres.
This NRL system is totally fu^^ed.
I mean if Gordie has been used in trials, it's obvious to show if he can get a pass mark and he actually passed with flying colours - is in the top 30 - yet can't be used.
Based on the trials which 1 would think is an oportunity for youngsters to impress and push for a top grade spot and after what I seen and many others, Gordie would be at very least straight into the Top 17.....as stated by a wise man once - "There needs to be an investigation"
Roosters get a talented kid like Sualli who is under the "allowed" age to play in the NRL yet magically gets an exemption and gets straight onto the field at first opportunity ??
Something is not adding up with this system and it "always" seems to favour certain teams and be a disadvantage to others....

By the way, after calming down I 100% agree on Weekes being there and won't be suprised if he is on the bench....atm I feel the coaching staff are still leaning toward Parker at centre, making a wing or bench spot a likely place for Weekes Round 1..

I mean if Gordie has been used in trials, it's obvious to show if he can get a pass mark and he actually passed with flying colours - is in the top 30 - yet can't be used.
Based on the trials which 1 would think is an oportunity for youngsters to impress and push for a top grade spot and after what I seen and many others, Gordie would be at very least straight into the Top 17.....as stated by a wise man once - "There needs to be an investigation"
Roosters get a talented kid like Sualli who is under the "allowed" age to play in the NRL yet magically gets an exemption and gets straight onto the field at first opportunity ??
Something is not adding up with this system and it "always" seems to favour certain teams and be a disadvantage to others....

By the way, after calming down I 100% agree on Weekes being there and won't be suprised if he is on the bench....atm I feel the coaching staff are still leaning toward Parker at centre, making a wing or bench spot a likely place for Weekes Round 1..
I think the club is to blame , most clubs haven’t locked in their top 30 yet, the only one who has is ,

You guessed it , US.

Madness in my opinion , should leave a spot or two for last minute additions from below and the very last spot for the middle of the year.

That’s what the other teams have done.

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jurbo
11. Tuilagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Keppie
14. Weekes
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Fifita
18. Burbo

6 big middle forwards might be a bit much so wouldn't be shocked to see Burbo come in on the bench. Possibly for Aloiai as he looks a bit underdone after a shortened preseason.

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Weekes
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jurbo
11. Tuilagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Keppie
14. Johns
15. Fainu
16. Bullemore
17. Fifita
18. Sipley

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Weekes
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jurbo
11. Tuilagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Keppie
14. Johns
15. Fainu
16. Bullemore
17. Fifita
18. Sipley
I’d love to see it but Weekes isn’t gonna be asked to defend at centre, unless Parkers nose is no good. Even then it’d probably be Garrick to centre and Veaga on the wing. With GCKT not eligible till round 11 Weekes is nailed on as 14. I’d also have Burbo ahead of Bully specifically as edge back rower/centre cover. My team was based on trying to read Seibs tea leaves rather than what I’d like to see. Guess we’ll find out Tuesday week.

Last edited:

Agree Gordy ready, Weekes yeah look Parker has inside running.
Weekes could handle d in centres I believe

John's in at 7. DCE at hooker. Call me crazy but this could work. 3 kicking options. Schuster showed that he can kick a pretty mean bomb.

John's in at 7. DCE at hooker. Call me crazy but this could work. 3 kicking options. Schuster showed that he can kick a pretty mean bomb.
There is zero chance of DCE who is only behind Cleary as Australian halfback not being our 7.
I do 100% get your thinking though and 2 things from your point....more speed from dummy half is a great thing and John's is a better footy player than I realised by a long way.

Agree with the overall make up of the teams suggested here. Suspect Seibs along with Flan will have us playing a totally different brand of footy this season. Well impressed with the fitness level’s particularly in the forwards, Keppie has definitely benefited from this and at last we have a marauding pack with plenty of depth capable of tearing up any team. If Schu doesn’t make it, Johns can play well behind a dominant pack. Also a fan of Toby as a utility player on the bench but realise it’s probably a bit too early for him. Really looking forward to Round 1, feeling confident we are going to regain our Manly brand of footy, uncompromising forwards and electrifying backs!! We just need the refs to accept that we are back where we belong. Go Manly!

This is the team i'd like to see at full strength

1.Turbo
2.Garrick
3.Weeks
4.Koula
5.Saab

6.Shuster
7.DCE

8.Keppie
9.Croker
10.Jake
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bully/Fulton

14.Gordie
15.Aloiao
16.Peseka
17.Bully/Fulton

My tip

1.T Trbojevic
2.Tuipolotu
3.Koula
4.Parker
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Croker
10. J Trbojevic
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Keppie

14.Weekes
15.Sipley
16.Bullemor
17.Anyones guess

Reckon Fifita could be a smokey to jump ahead of Aloiai and Condon based on him coming on early and getting decent minutes in the trial
This but I’d have Weekes on the wing for Tuipolotu & Cooper Johns on the bench at #14.

Conversing further with one of the journos today , once registered you can’t just “ change “ your mind, and sadly we have registered 30 players already.

So , Gordie isn’t available to select in round 1.

Unless we can offload one of the 30 to another club , in 14 days.
What about in the case of injuries to our 2 top 30 hookers (Crocker & Roache?).

We can apply for special dispensation to bring Geordie up then, can’t we?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6