Who Will Be Our Best Tonight Against The Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disagree as a CEO has a track record that someone can value and thus remunerate.
A Sports person's ability, especially in a Team sport is subjectively analyzed and his market value is greatly influenced by the availability of others in his position - half back.

Chez was all but signed at 700k. So we can not say that he has to play like a million dollar half back, when the contract difference was due to Manly's requirement to keep one of he and Foran.

Ok, point taken. But my point stands at a player earning $700k.

Also, check out the highest paid players in the NRL. Not sure why your giving DCE a free ride regardless of whether it's 700k or double that:

Daly Cherry-Evans
Sea Eagles $1.3M $1.3M $1.3M $1.3M $1.3M
Kieran Foran
Eels $1.2M $1.2M PO $1.2M PO $1.2M
Cameron Smith
Storm $1M $1M $1M
Johnathan Thurston
Cowboys $1M $1M
Robbie Farah
Tigers $900K $900K
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Warriors $850K $850K $850K
Ben Barba
Sharks $800K $800K
Greg Inglis
Rabbitohs $800K $800K
Trent Merrin
Panthers $750K $750K $750K
Mitchell Pearce
Roosters $750K $750K
Josh Dugan
Dragons $700K $700K
James Graham
Bulldogs $700K $700K $700K
Andrew Fifita
Sharks $650K $650K $650K

I disagree nicci. There are halves that can dominate the game without the forwards being world beaters.

Here's a list of forwards: Tim Glasby, Christian Welch, Dale Finucane, Jesse Bromwich, Jordan Mclean, Tohu Harris, Felise Kaufusi, Keneath Bromwich....that is their team list from round 2.

List those guys against our forwards.....yet their 7, 9 & 1 still get her done week in, week out.

Agree Ryan, but you have to admit the probability of a half or spine shining improves dramatically behind a dominant pack. and those names may not be household, but they do move forward.

I would wage my life that the 2 Scumos (Cronk was left out of the dbl contracts too) and JT are on much more than the figures you quote. The TPAs are not included remember, nor are any of these figures actually verified by the Clubs or NRL. :wondering:

I was up in TSV in about 2009/10 when JT had just resigned for 770k - he was being interviewed about it on the radio, so it was from the 'horse's mouth'. He has renewed a few times since - and again, the TPAs and discounted properties are not included in your figures.:wondering:

Chez is just the whipping boy for all of Qld and sadly a core group of current/former Manly senior players, so his 10 million Tag is constantly thrown around as an insult. That's why I get worked up when his responsibilities and contract value are somehow equated :cool:

Again, Chez will only earn that if he stays at Manly in our NRL squad for the next 8 years. He doesn't just get it as a sign on fee :mad:

I'm sure every player wants to play at their best. Well, unless they have an agenda like Foran, Farrah etc did against their Coach :confused:

depends on when the contracts were signed, if last year or the year before you can take about $100,000 per year off, as values have increased that much each year.

Also contracts don't include TPA's, brown paper bags, phoney jobs or "Gosh" I didn't know I had a boat in my driveway.

Don't think it's to much to expect a bit more out of DCE than we have been it's fair criticism.
Agree - but not because his costing Manly more than he was last year.
But because of his ever increasing experience.@:cool:

Last year he damaged his hip, then later his shoulder - which he actually had to have surgery on in the off season - hoping that Chez gets back to form tonight :)

Why do you include TPA's for DCE and Foran but not for Thurston or Smith?

Must say ( watching on Foxtel) the boys do look " focussed ", whether that means anything or not who knows!

I disagree nicci. There are halves that can dominate the game without the forwards being world beaters.

Here's a list of forwards: Tim Glasby, Christian Welch, Dale Finucane, Jesse Bromwich, Jordan Mclean, Tohu Harris, Felise Kaufusi, Keneath Bromwich....that is their team list from round 2.

List those guys against our forwards.....yet their 7, 9 & 1 still get her done week in, week out.
I wasn't analysing it too deeply. I just wanted to use rise and shine in a footy related sentence.:p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6