Who should we sign?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My top pick would be Jake Bird but with newcastle offering 900k per year might be a bit steep to top. Realistically im thinking we will investing in a top line back rower. Contracts mean nothing these day so it could be anyone and not just someone coming off contract
why bird where would he play? we don't need him

Cohen Hess from the Cowgirls would be a good signing for us for the backrow. Wouldn't be on big coin and wouldn't break the bank...
Would be a great coup but not sure why you think he'd come cheap, he is the Cows (and Queenslands) next big thing for the forwards. My guess is his next 3 year contract would be worth nearly 2 mil.
edit - or more if he's made SOO already

I'm still surprised David Hala never made it in nrl, dropped by the horsies and then titans I think he's off contract

Edge backrower

What about this guy? He does good spear tackles :p

Edge-1.jpg

Of all the big name off contract forwards, it is my opinion that Woods is by far the most overrated. Thought the same thing about Tamou when Penrith signed him on massive coin. For mine what Penrith already had, and what they had coming through from the lower grades, made Tamou excess to requirements. In the long run it's going to cost them at least a couple of really good players.

I'd love to see us resign Bainbridge and either Parker or Taufua (pending form) let the rest go bar maybe Lawrence if we can get him on a 1 year deal for $150-200k.

Then I'd go after another big name prop and a big name second rower. I'm hopeful but doubt we would get him, but Aaron Woods would be great. The thing with the second row is I cant really find a top line player that is off contract. Maybe Aidan Guerra but I feel like he is over rated. Maybe even go young and try and steal Asofa-Solomona, but then we have plenty of unproven youth already. Either that or go crazy and try and bring T-Rex back for chump change hahahaha! I'm joking, don't worry.

To be honest we might have to stick with current players at second row for 2018. Then try and get Cordner for 2019 or an early release for 2018??

Apparently Wade Graham is going to test himself on the open market after talks with the sharks stalled. Would be a great pick up!

I missed Graham, assumed the Sharks had him locked up. That would be not a bad pickup for the right price. I would suggest that if he wants to test the market like you have said that his price tag would be more than we should pay.

why bird where would he play? we don't need him

Bird would walk into any team in the comp. Would love to see in in our jumper. He can play centre, 5/8, fullback and even back row. Im sure we will fit him in somewhere if he ever signed with us. I don't think Bozo cares who is contracted or not. Someone would make way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8