Who should be the Manly Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you want as Manly coach?

• Des

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • Flanagan

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Siebold

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Hannah

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • S Hales

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • The Silvertails

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Barrett 2.0

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Toovey

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • B Fulton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
So many threads about possible new coaches, but would any of them want to come to our club?
The lack of quality signings is a concern (I still live in hope something we can actually get excited about will be announced soon).....if the players aren't coming why would a good coach risk it?

So many threads about possible new coaches, but would any of them want to come to our club?
The lack of quality signings is a concern (I still live in hope something we can actually get excited about will be announced soon).....if the players aren't coming why would a good coach risk it?
For some, a chance at redemption ( Siebold, Flanagan), others a first crack at 1st grade? But your right others would steer clear..

If hasler walks or punted I'd say siebold or Flanagan if hasler stays I'd give hannay a shot under him as assistant but needs to be sorted quick and playing style needs to change

I would prefer they signed Flanagan as assistance coach with Hasler as a head coach. This CEO is not about recruiting the best coach for Manly players & supporters interest, but someone whom the he can control for example the ex-CEO of the Broncos easy to manipulate/control Siebold because he is a “yes man”. Unfortunately this great club that I love & follow keep on embracing the WOKE moments. They really need to separated all the political nonsense out of footie club & do what they were once great at which are winning footie games. I saw all your thread that we are worried about recruitment. If we watched the grand final & wanting to pinch some of the Panthers Pacific players, all I can say good luck with that as they have their own belief that need to be protected & included in “inclusion” policy & not to be excluded & control like a typical Communist system.

It was quite a miraculous year, I'd add the following to the list of miracles:
  • V Storm (without Munster but with Pappy, Hughes, Grant, Smith etc): led 36-12 with 5 to go
  • V Cows (who made the prelim): led 26-12 with 7 to go
  • V Souths (who made the prelim): led all first half despite playing a man short, and were still within 8 in the 71st minute
  • V Eels (who made the grand final): led all game until 2 minutes from time (at Commbank)
  • v Sharks (who finished 2nd in minor premiership): outscored them 22-nil in the second half (admittedly after getting flogged in 1st half) :)
  • v a fully fired-up Panthers (since proven to be one of the great sides of the NRL era): trailed by only 6 at halftime (though they did score 3 more tries in the 2nd half)
  • v Chooks (who finished 6th): lost only 3 tries to 2 despite unprecedented disruption to team
(All except the Panthers game without Tom)
Perspective time ....

The definition of miracle is an extraordinary event and extraordinary teams prevail and win

What defines good teams is not close loses but hard fought resilient wins

We underachieved in 2022 and there was nothing extraordinary about it

So after reading all the arguments for changing the coach over the past weeks, I had decided last night that indeed we needed a change. I had suggested Murrays. However, having slept on it, I can see now I was WRONG. Whilst there is experience, there just isn't the Manly DNA. In fact, I LOVE our current coach! When I see our coach on the street, I still get goosebumps. With those giant Sea Eagles emblazoned on the sides, I think the coach is fantastic! Some people have said that the coach has lost the shed. Well, to my knowledge that's never happened. Ok, there was that one time but I'm pretty sure that was interstate and that was a stand in coach. So our coach could hardly be blamed for that. And whenever I've seen the coach on the street, the players have always seemed on board. Yes, we have an ageing coach and yes, I've seen the coach struggling up Beacon Hill Road. But with much determination, the players have always been taken to the next level. And I think our current coach can continue to do that for a while yet. Yes, the coach is navigating some rough roads now (but have you seen how much rain we've had??!!) and yes, there's some combustion with the current owners and there's definitely some major tinkering required to get through 2023 but I think there's still enough petrol in the tank to keep the Mighty Sea Eagles moving forward. So NOPE, I'm not for changing our coach. I'm pickin and stickin!

So after reading all the arguments for changing the coach over the past weeks, I had decided last night that indeed we needed a change. I had suggested Murrays. However, having slept on it, I can see now I was WRONG. Whilst there is experience, there just isn't the Manly DNA. In fact, I LOVE our current coach! When I see our coach on the street, I still get goosebumps. With those giant Sea Eagles emblazoned on the sides, I think the coach is fantastic! Some people have said that the coach has lost the shed. Well, to my knowledge that's never happened. Ok, there was that one time but I'm pretty sure that was interstate and that was a stand in coach. So our coach could hardly be blamed for that. And whenever I've seen the coach on the street, the players have always seemed on board. Yes, we have an ageing coach and yes, I've seen the coach struggling up Beacon Hill Road. But with much determination, the players have always been taken to the next level. And I think our current coach can continue to do that for a while yet. Yes, the coach is navigating some rough roads now (but have you seen how much rain we've had??!!) and yes, there's some combustion with the current owners and there's definitely some major tinkering required to get through 2023 but I think there's still enough petrol in the tank to keep the Mighty Sea Eagles moving forward. So NOPE, I'm not for changing our coach. I'm pickin and stickin!
I love our coach too as he has been a Manly Legend

But Manly fans love winning above all

His selections and games plans have been frustrating to watch

And our successful season was at the back of a one Man Tommy team

When Teams shuts down Tommy Des had no game plan to over come this

I hope he sticks around to prove him self that he is not past it

I love our coach too as he has been a Manly Legend

But Manly fans love winning above all

His selections and games plans have been frustrating to watch

And our successful season was at the back of a one Man Tommy team

When Teams shuts down Tommy Des had no game plan to over come this

I hope he sticks around to prove him self that he is not past it