Who should be the Manly Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you want as Manly coach?

• Des

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • Flanagan

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Siebold

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Hannah

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • S Hales

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • The Silvertails

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Barrett 2.0

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Toovey

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • B Fulton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
The greatest coaches on the planet are right here , I voted Silvertails.

**** all the rest , we are the best !!

Although @Technical Coach is a bit too technical and doesn’t show enough emotion , so we’ll make him an external advisor.

All the club needs is right here , we are experts in our own lunchtime.

It’ll be the first ever team coached by fans.

Absolutely ground breaking !!

I can’t believe there’s at least two of us!

Who’d of thought it would ever come to this?
I couldn’t stand him as a player but, I’m shocked at how differently I view him as a coach and game analyst
Only problem, why would he want to join a basket case, where one stray comment or position at odds with management’s can lead to your sacking?

Although @Technical Coach is a bit too technical and doesn’t show enough emotion , so we’ll make him an external advisor.

I can see us winning a premiership in our first year.

At the moment I think Mr Bean would be the logical choice. If not let the mafia have a good crack.

Only problem, why would he want to join a basket case, where one stray comment or position at odds with management’s can lead to your sacking?
One of many problems really :sweatsmile:
I don't think anyone thought he'd actually consider the job, we're just openly surprised he's on our Wishlist considering he didn't win us over during his playing career
Who do you reckon we'll end up with? Sounds more like Seibold every day

Does it really matter who coaches us? As long as the Penn family own the club we ain't putting together a genuinely competitive team or competing for a premiership. We aren't even putting forward a club that is even easy to follow or like.

IF and (it's a big IF) Turbo manages more than a few games in a season we'll be competitive to make the 8 but we won't win a comp.

Seriously, apart from the many great memories that this club has provided me I find it hard to even like the club as it is now. How many people here even like most of the players in our team? There are a few who give it a crack but most are just here for a cheque. Rose coloured glasses but go back through our premiership teams and there were just so many good blokes and legends across the park. Guys we all just loved watching. Guys that people still talk about now. Almost not one player in this team will be fondly remembered or cheered off in a big way when their career ends.

MOD2, Son of MOD or The new MOD

Can we add Matt Ballin to the list? News Corp article today talks about his growing reputation and responsibility at the Broncos. Pretty sure his coaching at Blacktown was deemed a massive failure here, so it's interesting to get another take. Plus, there hasn't been a Best Young Coach in Rugby League candidate this good looking since T-Baz…

NRL 2022: Brisbane Broncos coaching staff overhaul as Kevin Walters brings in Matt Ballin as assistant​

Kevin Walters’ new-look coaching staff is locked in and his future, and that of the Broncos’ hinges on its success, following Brisbane’s disappointing late-season fade out.

by Travis Meyn

Brisbane coach Kevin Walters has made a key appointment as he fights to save his job at the Broncos, promoting a two-time NRL premiership-winner to assist him in his Red Hill revolution.
Former Manly hooker Matt Ballin will step up into a senior assistant coach’s role at the Broncos next year following the departure of club great Terry Matterson.

Matterson and football manager Steve Walters left the Broncos following last season’s dramatic fade out, which saw Brisbane slip from the top four to miss the finals in what was a stunning capitulation.
The finals flop has turned up the heat on Walters, who is off-contract at the end of 2023 and yet to deliver Brisbane a finals appearance after two seasons in the job.

Essentially, next year is make or break for Walters at a Broncos club that is desperately craving success following the leanest patch in its 34-year history.

The senior assistant coach’s role is a key appointment for Walters, who has retained former Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright as his other assistant.

Ballin, 38, played 220 NRL games for Manly (217) and Wests Tigers (three) during a distinguished 10-year first grade career.

He won two NRL premierships with the Sea Eagles (2008 and 2011) during what was a golden era for Manly under coach Des Hasler, who Ballin was an assistant to before joining the Broncos this season.

Ballin was stuck behind Queensland legend Cameron Smith for his entire career, but managed a sole Origin appearance for the Maroons in 2010.

A crafty hooker with a high workrate, Ballin has injected some modern-day knowledge into the Broncos’ coaching ranks, given he only retired in 2017.

He joined the Broncos late last year as a development coach tasked with guiding Brisbane’s fringe first graders.

Ballin has been so impressive in a year at the Broncos that he has been elevated into a senior assistant’s role heading into a crucial season.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said Ballin was a coach on the rise who had the potential to lead a club one day.

“Matt’s impressed everyone at the club since he arrived and he’s been a great support to Kev in that time,” he said.

“He came highly regarded from Manly from his time working with Des and I’d absolutely put him in that category of younger assistant coaches with the potential to be a first-grade coach some time in the future.”

Broncos players speak highly of Ballin’s coaching nous and character, which has prompted Walters to promote him to a senior assistant’s role.

Lock Pat Carrigan said Ballin had played a major part in his breakout 2022 season.

“He is a super smart guy,” Carrigan said.

“He has played a lot of footy in a pretty successful Manly team with guys like Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans and Matt Orford.

“The way he sees the game and communicates, not only tactically with the players in the spine but also the forwards, is pretty cool.

“He was definitely good for me this year in terms of picking his brain. He is someone who encourages you to put in the work at training and use your skills as a player.

“He’s built a lot of relationships with the work he did with the Queensland Cup boys this year. He has only been at the club for one year but is awesome.”

Yes, looks like Seibold and the Beautiful, aka Marvin the Martian (have you heard him speak?).
I thought he was always trying to give us his best Darren Lockyer or Geoff Toovey impression, but I do remember his team selection choices being a little 'out of this world'

Can we add Matt Ballin to the list? News Corp article today talks about his growing reputation and responsibility at the Broncos. Pretty sure his coaching at Blacktown was deemed a massive failure here, so it's interesting to get another take. Plus, there hasn't been a Best Young Coach in Rugby League candidate this good looking since T-Baz…

NRL 2022: Brisbane Broncos coaching staff overhaul as Kevin Walters brings in Matt Ballin as assistant​

Kevin Walters’ new-look coaching staff is locked in and his future, and that of the Broncos’ hinges on its success, following Brisbane’s disappointing late-season fade out.

by Travis Meyn

Brisbane coach Kevin Walters has made a key appointment as he fights to save his job at the Broncos, promoting a two-time NRL premiership-winner to assist him in his Red Hill revolution.
Former Manly hooker Matt Ballin will step up into a senior assistant coach’s role at the Broncos next year following the departure of club great Terry Matterson.

Matterson and football manager Steve Walters left the Broncos following last season’s dramatic fade out, which saw Brisbane slip from the top four to miss the finals in what was a stunning capitulation.
The finals flop has turned up the heat on Walters, who is off-contract at the end of 2023 and yet to deliver Brisbane a finals appearance after two seasons in the job.

Essentially, next year is make or break for Walters at a Broncos club that is desperately craving success following the leanest patch in its 34-year history.

The senior assistant coach’s role is a key appointment for Walters, who has retained former Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright as his other assistant.

Ballin, 38, played 220 NRL games for Manly (217) and Wests Tigers (three) during a distinguished 10-year first grade career.

He won two NRL premierships with the Sea Eagles (2008 and 2011) during what was a golden era for Manly under coach Des Hasler, who Ballin was an assistant to before joining the Broncos this season.

Ballin was stuck behind Queensland legend Cameron Smith for his entire career, but managed a sole Origin appearance for the Maroons in 2010.

A crafty hooker with a high workrate, Ballin has injected some modern-day knowledge into the Broncos’ coaching ranks, given he only retired in 2017.

He joined the Broncos late last year as a development coach tasked with guiding Brisbane’s fringe first graders.

Ballin has been so impressive in a year at the Broncos that he has been elevated into a senior assistant’s role heading into a crucial season.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said Ballin was a coach on the rise who had the potential to lead a club one day.

“Matt’s impressed everyone at the club since he arrived and he’s been a great support to Kev in that time,” he said.

“He came highly regarded from Manly from his time working with Des and I’d absolutely put him in that category of younger assistant coaches with the potential to be a first-grade coach some time in the future.”

Broncos players speak highly of Ballin’s coaching nous and character, which has prompted Walters to promote him to a senior assistant’s role.

Lock Pat Carrigan said Ballin had played a major part in his breakout 2022 season.

“He is a super smart guy,” Carrigan said.

“He has played a lot of footy in a pretty successful Manly team with guys like Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans and Matt Orford.

“The way he sees the game and communicates, not only tactically with the players in the spine but also the forwards, is pretty cool.

“He was definitely good for me this year in terms of picking his brain. He is someone who encourages you to put in the work at training and use your skills as a player.

“He’s built a lot of relationships with the work he did with the Queensland Cup boys this year. He has only been at the club for one year but is awesome.”

If Des can hold on for one more year, I would be happy with Ballin in 2024.

Does it really matter who coaches us? As long as the Penn family own the club we ain't putting together a genuinely competitive team or competing for a premiership. We aren't even putting forward a club that is even easy to follow or like.

IF and (it's a big IF) Turbo manages more than a few games in a season we'll be competitive to make the 8 but we won't win a comp.

Seriously, apart from the many great memories that this club has provided me I find it hard to even like the club as it is now. How many people here even like most of the players in our team? There are a few who give it a crack but most are just here for a cheque. Rose coloured glasses but go back through our premiership teams and there were just so many good blokes and legends across the park. Guys we all just loved watching. Guys that people still talk about now. Almost not one player in this team will be fondly remembered or cheered off in a big way when their career ends.

MOD2, Son of MOD or The new MOD

Son of MOD - do it mate - I'll even help with the avatar !

Fitting us all in for the pressers could be fun

Will the 2023 coach and staff be known when the pre season training starts Nov 1st?

Or is Mestrov and his commercial mgr going to be running drills with Penn being water boy?

The real telling point with where we are at as team is how the players respond in 2023, no matter who the coach is.
Hoping 2022 results is not an indicator of what is going to happen in 2023 as this year was so disheartening to watch.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8