Who impressed? And who didn't?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good first half, second half just got out wrestled and Melbourne got away with a couple of lucky tries from kicks.

A few players under done. Still not a terrible performance. Not like we got blown away or had bad reads in defence or let in soft tries. Played last year's minor premier's who a lot are tipping to win the minor premiership again this year, against the best defence side, in the wet who were allowed to wrestle all game.

DCE always tries hard but when he does he is too predictable. I also agree we need a genuine 5/8 to relieve him. Also im not sure why he kicks early on in the count. He's done that before. Why would you give the storm more possession?

DES Hasler disappointed. For years this teams issue has been game management and with DCE and Walker having a full preseason game management was even worse. It's disappointing it's still such an issue after so long, yet Bellamy has Hughes for one off season and that fullback now has a better kicking game and game management then the current Australian Test halfback.

It's game one. So all is not lost sure we are without a run or two. But as usual Storm show us where we need to improve, and showed every other team how to pull manly's rushing defence apart.

For you guys that are being tough on Jorge. He is following the defensive structure he and those around him have been instructed to play. If you think he is being caught out of position it is incorrect. The fault is with the structure. No winger following structural orders would have been able to stop Vinivalu's try.

He didn't drop a ball, miss a tackle but he was there to take the ball first up every time and was strong.

If cherry evans wants to be our million dollar man woow he needs to play MUCH better than that !! He really let the team down today
If there’s even a hint of moisture in the air,DCE is rarely seen.This has been a problem for a while with him.In a couple of wet games he’s kicked winning field goals but if he’d actually steered the side around better,those games most likely don’t require field goals to win them

Today we lead 4-2 h/t.....
Great result
They score off a controlled, yet desperate cross field kick....
Personally feel the team dropped heads just 5% from that time, rightfully feeling we should be ahead on the scoreboard...
The decision to continue to roll that middle 3rd for the 80 minutes was good, but they planned for exactly that...Bellamy.
Will get a couple more chances against these blokes and feel only a slight change in artillery will reverse today’s result.

A Try from a Kick is a great Try. It's just what better half backs have to do to break down good defence and get the job done. Melbourne could do it. MAN couldnt. The real issue is patience MAN don't have any when we get down storms end, in the 2nd half turbo throws his all or nothing (often forward) pass to the winger which wasn't really on. The game management had to be a grubber into the in goal. Storm wear us down make us defend 3or 4 sets everytime they get that close. Rooster would do the same. We need to value good field possession more, work towards repeat sets.

A Try from a Kick is a great Try. It's just what better half backs have to do to break down good defence and get the job done. Melbourne could do it. MAN couldnt. The real issue is patience MAN don't have any when we get down storms end, in the 2nd half turbo throws his all or nothing (often forward) pass to the winger which wasn't really on. The game management had to be a grubber into the in goal. Storm wear us down make us defend 3or 4 sets everytime they get that close. Rooster would do the same. We need to value good field possession more, work towards repeat sets.
First half Storm hot on attack could not crack the Manly defence.
If you rewind the first Storm cross field kick for a try, it was perfectly executed but from 2nd phase....after not breaking down the Manly defence.
It was a tit for tat game and rightfully as you called it...Storm got it done.
Just an X factor from changing the outcome imo - name is Schuster.

Keppie. Was great
Levi was good but but will get better
jorge well I have man crush on Jorge so that is clouded
I think this team will make the 8 so who knows from there
With that defence is going to be hard to miss the 8

Levi's defence was great, didnt see a problem with it.

Suli was fired up & ragdolling his opposition in defence.

Keppie did great, despite dropping the ball on his first touch. He redeemed himself immediately & maintained a strong presence while onfield.

I was also impressed by Boyle, he looks like he's dropped a few kgs & seemed more energetic for it.

For you guys that are being tough on Jorge. He is following the defensive structure he and those around him have been instructed to play. If you think he is being caught out of position it is incorrect. The fault is with the structure. No winger following structural orders would have been able to stop Vinivalu's try.

He didn't drop a ball, miss a tackle but he was there to take the ball first up every time and was strong.

Sorry, but 1st try, grubber behind him and too slow (x 2 metres) to get to the ball first. Opposition teams target his inability to turn around fast.

Next one, not even on his wing? JT points; - 12

Add knock on in goal, too slow to catch a perfect pass at the end of the game.

Love you Jorge (150 games) but one big hit doesn't pay your wages.

Sorry, but 1st try, grubber behind him and too slow (x 2 metres) to get to the ball first. Opposition teams target his inability to turn around fast.

Next one, not even on his wing? JT points; - 12

Add knock on in goal, too slow to catch a perfect pass at the end of the game.

Love you Jorge (150 games) but one big hit doesn't pay your wages.
Absolutely spot on unfortunately his an easy target and the roosters I’m sure will get a lot of joy targeting him

I have a feeling Hoppa Jnr may get a chance once he has proved his fitness.
Albert has never even played U20s and has not played for nearly a year.
Are we that desperate? Maybe. Jorge is a great trier, but a liability we can’t cover.

Absolutely spot on unfortunately his an easy target and the roosters I’m sure will get a lot of joy targeting him

Well don't instruct an up and in defense structure within 30M. It isn't called the red zone for no reason.

I highly doubt any FG wingers would have fared better than Horge today with the structure employed.

Des got it wrong today.

I think tommy was excellent. His defence was awesome for most of the match. There were at least 2 times walker went short instead of coming out the back to tommy. I'm just not sold on DW as a 5/8. He has his moments but he wont win us matches from there.
I too was impressed with Tommys defence. Those two try savers he pulled off had Brett Stuart urgency written all over them.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8