Who for next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Nothing about Des being pigheaded... anyone suggesting a young inexperienced player who hasn't been in the team can come in and step into the fullback shoes is simply dreaming. The defensive requirements on the fullback are immense. They are THE defensive coordinator and defensive lynch pin. They have to be able to identify where we are short, marshall the troops and order much more experienced players around the field. They have to be able to count numbers and fill holes. Most on here just think if they can attack they will be great back there. It is soooo much more than attack AND he has to have the aerobic capacity to play back there and follow the ball all over the field in attack but also defense where he has to follow the ball wherever it goes. He is young and fit but there is a difference - huge difference between Blacktown fit and what is required there and the fitness required for NRL. If we put him back there and his confidence is destroyed for good - then you would all be baying for Des' blood hammering him for blooding him too early. Let him play on a wing for a bit if he is up to A Grade standard and let him integrate slowly into the team and maybe in time he can be Tom's fill in. The fact Jorge was selected ahead of him last night suggests he is just not ready yet for first grade even with our injuries. Maybe if Saab isn't fit they blood him this week on the wing.
Absolutely spot on. But you know there will be those that think the kid will solve all our problems, and will keep calling for him to start his first grade career at FB. Look how long it took Garrick to become a satisfactory replacement for Tommy. I don’t think Garrick gets the wraps he deserves purely on all those relevant points you made @Brisbane Tragic about what a good FB is required to have in his skill set in the modern game.

Everyone says you can't debut a player at fullback, and I do understand the notion behind it. But if turbo is our fullback, and weekes is a fullback and doesn't get time when turbo is out. Where or when does he get his oppurtuniy then? How does he develop? Because he isn't a winger, that's for sure. Short in stature, doesn't have a strong ball carry. Does he just play 18th man til every man and their uncle get covid?Plenty of players have debuted at fullback in the past. Most recent, both Campbell and Laurie I think. Perhaps brimson? Miller? Nevertheless, we need to invest in our future. Now is a better time than ever. Turbo will end up in the centres at some stage, I have no doubt in my mind about it. Let the kid play, may just pay dividends when the time comes.

Everyone says you can't debut a player at fullback, and I do understand the notion behind it. But if turbo is our fullback, and weekes is a fullback and doesn't get time when turbo is out. Where or when does he get his oppurtuniy then? How does he develop? Because he isn't a winger, that's for sure. Short in stature, doesn't have a strong ball carry. Does he just play 18th man til every man and their uncle get covid?Plenty of players have debuted at fullback in the past. Most recent, both Campbell and Laurie I think. Perhaps brimson? Miller? Nevertheless, we need to invest in our future. Now is a better time than ever. Turbo will end up in the centres at some stage, I have no doubt in my mind about it. Let the kid play, may just pay dividends when the time comes.
Exactly and Jayden campbell is doing fine and his half the size of weekes lol..if your good enough your ready..time to see if weekes is ready

Garrick goes ok at fullback
But he is a better winger than fullback
Tommy is gone for the season
So manly need a fullback that is actually a fullback Des needs to either pick Koula or Weekes there it's actually that simple
The season is nearly gone for manly I would rather see the young guys given a go in there rightful positions
Young and enthusiasm is what's needed Des take a look at the Panthers

I think keep Garrick at FB, Weekes in for Jorge, Koula & Tuipulotu at centres & Saab back on his wing.

I assume DCE will be out for SOO duties so assume Schuster at 5/8th & Foz at HB.

Sipley & Aloiai starting props but keep them on for longer or replace 1 with Paseka at the 20 minute mark & the other with Keppie at the 30 minute mark, allowing some overlap of any forward platform we lay.

Croker at hooker - he's getting more adventurous in attack every week & his defence is huge for us.

Olakau'atu & Davey in second row, Lawton at lock, Bullemor on bench comes on at lock when Lawton moves to hooker to spell Croker (if required).

Don't know who our bench utility should be with Walker out & Lawton starting...

Garrick
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Koula
Saab
Schuster
Foran
Aloiai
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Davey
Lawton

?
Paseka
Keppie
Bullemore
This but I’d swap Weekes and Garrick. Garrick needs to work on his goal kicking as well. Missed a few these last couple of weeks.

I just can't stomach Keppie or Harper anymore. They are sh*t beyond belief. Harper is deadset a lightweight with zero impact. Keppie is just a blob with zero impact apart from conceeding penalties , poor defensive reads and drop balls.
Must admit they are two of my least favourite players as well. Doubt them being out even impact us.

1 Garrick
2 Tippy
3 Harper
4 Koula
5 Saab / Veaga
6 Foz
7Humphries
8 Aloia
9 Croker
10 Toff
11 Oka
12 Davey
13 Lawton

14Walker
15 Shu ( not fit enough yet )
16 Keppie
17 Tu tavaki / Bully

The backline IDE pick this week
1 weekes
2 saab
3 tuipulotu
4 koula
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 foz
I like your backline . Players in their preferred positions where they perform at their best
DCE though will remain at 7

I like your backline . Players in their preferred positions where they perform at their best
DCE though will remain at 7
Well I was playing under the assumption dce will be out for origin lol

If dce plays that would change my whole line up lol

Honestly ide like to see

1 koula
2 saab
3 foz
4 tuipulotu
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 dce

I don’t understand keeping schuster off the bench or in the back row now that Foran has signed to leave..
This years a write off, give schuster and dce time to gel in the halves..
Also, having a playmaker type in the centres seemed to work pretty well last time we did that with Jamie Lyon, so why not try that again… foz played jnrs and for nz in the centres so it’s not that far fetched

Honestly ide like to see

1 koula
2 saab
3 foz
4 tuipulotu
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 dce

I don’t understand keeping schuster off the bench or in the back row now that Foran has signed to leave..
Also, having a playmaker type in the centres seemed to work pretty well last time we did that with Jamie Lyon, so why not try that again… foz played jnrs and for nz in the centres so it’s not that far fetched
Poor old Foz hasn’t got the leg speed to play out there anymore, it would be a cruel thing to do.

All we can hope for is DCE comes out of SOO with some much needed confidence and recalibrates his on line defensive reads.
Mate the way DCE has been playing, if I was Slater, I’d be looking else where, with the future in mind, and if I was Fitler l‘d rubbing my hands together, Yeo and Cleary will have a field day aiming plays towards Chez.
If Qld get beat in game one and DCE plays poorly, I’d say his time in SOO ends, not sure it’s going to be all that good for his head space if that happens, I’ve said it a few times already, his game and future in the game is under a fair amount of pressure and one last thing I’d be handing over the leadership to Munster.

Honestly ide like to see

1 koula
2 saab
3 foz
4 tuipulotu
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 dce

Foz did play in the centres as a JNR but he progressed and made him self great as a half .
Also Foz now has more speed between the ears than on his legs .

Mate the way DCE has been playing, if I was Slater, I’d be looking else where, with the future in mind, and if I was Fitler l‘d rubbing my hands together, Yeo and Cleary will have a field day aiming plays towards Chez.
If Qld get beat and DCE plays poorly, I’d say his time in SOO ends, not sure it’s going to be all that good for his head space if that happens, I’ve said it a few times already, his game and future in the game is under a fair amount of pressure and one last thing I’d be handing over the leadership to Munster.
DCE is out of form .Maybe he can find form playing in the SOO . It is possible

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12