Who fills the frogs shoes in the future?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bencher
Maybe with Lussick all but gone, we give Albert Kelly a crack? Just don't think Baz will move Croker, he's not a complete flop, just way short of experience, and needs to find some special skills. I don't know anymore, we have blown a great opportunity to start strong with a decent draw, we stuffed that, and now Hastings black eye, how is he going to help with team cohesion, if he ever gets a crack? God help us...

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Why not just chuck it to young Manaise Fainu.
Gotta debut sometime and if it doesn't work out he just goes back to reggies as part of his learning curve.
Or dummy half and put Api there.
Or share it.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
According to Zero Tackle, the only known quantity halves off contract are:

Sezer, Thurston, Austin, Elgey, Lamb, Hodko & Benji.

Hastings, Jacks and Croker are the WIP's among the wider list.

Sezer will likely stay in Canberra. Austin is a runner so not needed. Hodko is a corpse. Really leaves Elgey or Lamb who we were rumoured to be hard after.

So... Townsend..?

KNUCKLES

Bencher
According to Zero Tackle, the only known quantity halves off contract are:

Sezer, Thurston, Austin, Elgey, Lamb, Hodko & Benji.

Hastings, Jacks and Croker are the WIP's among the wider list.

Sezer will likely stay in Canberra. Austin is a runner so not needed. Hodko is a corpse. Really leaves Elgey or Lamb who we were rumoured to be hard after.

So... Townsend..?
I think Townsend would work. Also maybe Coote would be worth looking at?

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Your 100 percent right in terms of another ‘prong’ as you call it lol.. but Croker just doesn’t take the line on or draw the defence in. You can see his inside outside shoulder move coming 5 metres before the line. It’s u16s stuff
Don't like criticising young guys who have only had a handful of games, and to be honest he at least had a go in the second half yesterday - all I saw DCE do was get into dummy half and then kick into the corners (or out on the full), at least Frog got into first receiver and tried to get the attack going.

BUT you are right, it's like he premeditates every play before he gets the ball and has to run through his choreography regardless of where his support players, or the defenders, are. Catch ball, dummy inside, step off left, look to hit outside man - phew thank god that's over, now where is everyone ?? Some of it's so telegraphed its carrier pigeon material.

As for who replaces him - I have no idea. If I had to pick someone (other than Hastings) then it'd be Lussick - Tom Wright is not the answer IMO and Metcalfe and Cust probably too inexperienced. I'm inclined to just stick with him, better the devil you know and he can only improve

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I think Townsend would work. Also maybe Coote would be worth looking at?
Coote would be a runner. Townsend is an organiser. They are locked into Moylan at 5/8, and if he really wants to blood his soon, Townsend is odd man out.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I think Ryley Jacks would suit us

Only other OK options we've got are;
Blake Austin
Aiden Sezer (may suit DCE)

Then again by off season plenty of halves will come onto the market as they do, also we may find by then that Croker is up to it. No need to stress just yet

Depending on salary cap, Sezer or Austin would likely be the only mid season options. Agree that Sezer would suit DCE better. If he played like he did against the Dogs, he would be a good option.

Otherwise Jacks is a good option. Players who go through the bellyache system tend to be performers.

Hastings seems on the outer, and the fact that he had a blue with DCE tells me he will be pushed out.

madmax

Bencher
SOS to Chris Sandow :confused:......not sure what he's up to at the moment but seems to be behaving & staying out of the news since his drama days & was a pretty good half at one stage & still only 29! DCE to 6 & Sandow 7......can kick goals if required & has that X factor?? Not sure how he is playing at the moment though or if playing at all. Waste of a talent that kid!

NYEagle

Bencher
Hastings or bust ladies and gentleman.
If Barrett can’t see that he is kidding. Whether he leaves if not EOY he is on our payroll so F&$&)king use him!!!. I’m getting sick of the nancies in this club making SOFT decisions!!.

He will want to impress for a new contract anyway.

NYEagle

KNUCKLES

Bencher
SOS to Chris Sandow :confused:......not sure what he's up to at the moment but seems to be behaving & staying out of the news since his drama days & was a pretty good half at one stage & still only 29! DCE to 6 & Sandow 7......can kick goals if required & has that X factor?? Not sure how he is playing at the moment though or if playing at all. Waste of a talent that kid!
We have plenty of X factor. We need a level head

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Would it really matter after that performance if/when/who we could get. I can accept Croker probably isn't up to the standard of NRL but after that game it's pretty clear there are bigger issues at the club.

Holmsey

Bencher
Sezer should be the main target, he is in superb form now for the raiders and turned their season. He has one of the best kicking games around and is an organiser. Townsend is another organiser and also has a good kicking game and his support play is excellent would suit our style. Either of those 2 should be the targets. We cant go into another season without a proper 6, 2017 was an example of what happens when we have an established half alongside Cherry. We cant have Croker, Wright as they are runners, one is actually a centre and Hastings doesnt deserve a spot after his continuos problems plus hasnt really done anything since juniors.

1 T Trbojevic
6 Sezer/Townsend
7 Cherry-Evans
9 Koroisau

Thats a deadly spine.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Sezer should be the main target, he is in superb form now for the raiders and turned their season. He has one of the best kicking games around and is an organiser. Townsend is another organiser and also has a good kicking game and his support play is excellent would suit our style. Either of those 2 should be the targets. We cant go into another season without a proper 6, 2017 was an example of what happens when we have an established half alongside Cherry. We cant have Croker, Wright as they are runners, one is actually a centre and Hastings doesnt deserve a spot after his continuos problems plus hasnt really done anything since juniors.

1 T Trbojevic
6 Sezer/Townsend
7 Cherry-Evans
9 Koroisau

Thats a deadly spine.
Sezer is also left footed which is a big plus

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16