Who DOES replace DCE?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Verdict is still out on Schuster .. full of potential but seems to only be interested in compiling a personal highlight reel instead of what the team needs..
Yup, you can overly exaggerate your no look passes ..
You can tip it on all day too..
You can kick on first or second tackles, cool... Can you manage a game? Can you lead your team to a win?? Can you do anything team related and not personal glory related??
I'm sure he can, but he's yet to do it .
Wanna play like Benji Marshall?? Cool... Benji was figured out after 2005 and played a total of 2 final series the ensuing 16 years.
Shaun Johnson had a pretty great highlight reel too.. once figured out he's played in how many finals???

Kid needs to play within the team before he gets any shot leading it around the park.. again, I'm sure he COULD.. but I wanna see it before annointing him the chosen one
Started a forum on this and most don't seem to agree

I'll be interested to see what happens next year when Sid is off contract.

Do we let him go ?

I think we could resign him but he better get ready to take a big haircut because if Reynolds is worth 700K, DCE is worth less.

Started a forum on this and most don't seem to agree
I know, I will get shot down, called names etc, it's all good..
I'm not bagging the kid, I just don't think he's the be all end all that people seem to think he is...
Definitely has the potential to be a good player, but if DCE quit tomorrow and Schuster took his spot full-time, we would still be a wooden spoon calibre team... He's not the magic ticket people seem to think he is

To be honest our attack is garbage. Set plays don't seem to happen or maybe we don't have any. Defence - we are a tuff as a wet paper bag. We stop nobody. Now carting the ball upfield we seem to do OK. The forwards none of which are big names seem to be goin OK for their limited experience. We seem to be week in the middle & the edges. Centers & wings & fullback.

When turbo comes back it will help both defence & attack a bit @ allow walker back to center. So one center will be OK. So we need to sort out a center, wingers & hooker. We have no real quality depth to cover injuries.

Not sure much can be done with depth as far too much money is going to the golden boys.

No one

But Jake replaces him as captain

He can play footy we all know it and had a great year last year. Just wouldn't mind a half decent hooker in there like Cust, and spuds like Parker/Croker/Garrick/Gosiewski/Boyle not picked. Also would be good if Marty just leaves the club as he doesnt give a ****.
Agree....except for Marty. I wouldn’t give a $hit if I was told to look elsewhere!

Team can’t score a point though. Team has no game plan to fit into because there is none.

I’m sure he feels like he’s the only threat out there - and he is.

The 2005 West side was a points scoring machine and Warriors played us in 2011 GF when Johnson started. Both good teams to help them shine.Shoe would look great in those teams.He is playing in a train wreck with zero attack.

Easy to overplay your hand as a kid in a dud team like this.I can see your point but too early to criticise him I reckon.
I get that mate . He seems to have some talent, and a good team around him certainly helps matters, it just gets to me the whole, "replace DCE with Shuster " agenda . Yes DCE is out of form, but we literally have the Qld origin captain on our books and everyone wants to replace him with a trigger happy , showpony(at times).

It's ludicrous.. DCE will come good, guranteed .. and hopefully the kid stays in the starting side and learns from the future legends in DCE and foran

Do we let him go ?

I think we could resign him but he better get ready to take a big haircut because if Reynolds is worth 700K, DCE is worth less.
2023 is his final year

Verdict is still out on Schuster .. full of potential but seems to only be interested in compiling a personal highlight reel instead of what the team needs..
Yup, you can overly exaggerate your no look passes ..
You can tip it on all day too..
You can kick on first or second tackles, cool... Can you manage a game? Can you lead your team to a win?? Can you do anything team related and not personal glory related??
I'm sure he can, but he's yet to do it .
Wanna play like Benji Marshall?? Cool... Benji was figured out after 2005 and played a total of 2 final series the ensuing 16 years.
Shaun Johnson had a pretty great highlight reel too.. once figured out he's played in how many finals???

Kid needs to play within the team before he gets any shot leading it around the park.. again, I'm sure he COULD.. but I wanna see it before annointing him the chosen one
Maybe he can do all you mentioned....if he played in his correct position! Schuster seems to be getting a lot of negative comments in here lately yet he’s been one of our better players since the start of the year & playing in an unfamiliar position. Yeah he played a few games in the 2nd row in the juniors but he’s a 5/8 & that’s where he excels. He’s makes a few errors trying something different which is a hell of a lot more than DCE, Foran or Croker do!

If you go on what's available, you could go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
09. Cade Cust
14. Daly Cherry-Evans

Take some pressure off him.

I'm not bagging the kid, I just don't think he's the be all end all that people seem to think he is...
Definitely has the potential to be a good player, but if DCE quit tomorrow and Schuster took his spot full-time, we would still be a wooden spoon calibre team... He's not the magic ticket people seem to think he is
Wasnt having a crack at you mate. Just saying four games in a team that is basically a disgrace is just not enough evidence in my books.

One thing I do know is take him out and I can’t see a single threat outside of maybe Paseka offloading .
Agree we still don’t win many games if he plays in the halves but you are investing in the future - picking the proven plodders around him is a waste of a season.
It’s getting embarrassing.

brw I am not one of the drop DCE brigade for Shuster. He should be playing 6 for Foran in my view with Foz at 14. DCE at 9 is also something I could go with for a while.

Interesting that Storm have debuted eight blokes in last twelve months. Penrith similar. That’s the GF from last year.

Its a new young fast game. Everyone sees it but Des.
You have to take pain to get gain with the kids , especially when you have proven failures in front of them.

Last edited:
DCE runs sideways..kicks predictable..he has lost his touch...drop him...Foran and Schuster is the best option..with Cust next..mix it up..Manly cant relay on the same go to half ..we have not seen any success..also drop Jason Saab..lut Christian in..the guy we got from roosters..morgan harper to replace Parker...and for goodness sake add Sipley back in..he was bending the line last week

Wasnt having a crack at you mate. Just saying four games in a team that is basically a disgrace is just not enough evidence in my books.

One thing I do know is take him out and I can’t see a single threat outside of maybe Paseka offloading .
Agree we still don’t win many games if he plays in the halves but you are investing in the future - picking the proven plodders around him is a waste of a season.
It’s getting embarrassing.

brw I am not one of the drop DCE brigade for Shuster. He should be playing 6 for Foran in my view with Foz at 14.

Interesting that Storm have debuted eight blokes in last twelve months. Penrith similar. That’s the GF from last year.

Its a new young fast game. Everyone sees it but Des.
You have to take pain to get gain with the kids , especially when you have proven failures in front of them.
All good bro, I wasn't alluding to you there.. just in general..

I think the kid is a big part of the future for sure.. but I personally think he needs to settle a bit and learn from the older heads until he's ready..
Last year the it was hoppa.. gotta play.. gun, best , needs to play... Pushed all season long until he actually played.. where is he now?? I don't doubt Shuster is much better and it's a different situation, but it's the same story or trying to push the unproven kid and expecting them to be world beaters before their time ..

All good bro, I wasn't alluding to you there.. just in general..

I think the kid is a big part of the future for sure.. but I personally think he needs to settle a bit and learn from the older heads until he's ready..
Last year the it was hoppa.. gotta play.. gun, best , needs to play... Pushed all season long until he actually played.. where is he now?? I don't doubt Shuster is much better and it's a different situation, but it's the same story or trying to push the unproven kid and expecting them to be world beaters before their time ..
Yep. These pressures come for young blokes when there a no senior players stepping up.
We have such a horrible roster for the new rules.
I suppose I fall into the category where I’d rather see young blokes learning and losing by a margin than watch Parker Croker Garrick and co run around with zero upside and still getting beat by 40 each week.

Tough times.No one is winning out of this mess.

I've got a potplant here the club can have for $300K a season

In all seriousness this is the other big issue with signing players to 8 year contracts. I've said it plenty of times before, what up and coming half is going to want to come to Manly knowing they have to wait that long to get a shot ? You can't have a succession plan, you can't have any decent depth at half because no kid is going to want to play second fiddle for 5 years.

Maybe in the next 2 years we can start building for the future now that the end is in sight. Hopefully Humphreys has some game and we can get him ready for 2024.

I completely agree with C&C here and I think we are lucky that Schuster re-committed to the club, Cust is also a keeper so far as I can see.

We need more players with heart like Davey and Turbo that keep fighting no matter what..

I say leave Evans where he is he'll come good, I think his current form would be upsetting him as much as it is us.

P.S. ALSO IN SUPERCOACH

Last edited:

Do we let him go ?

Please no .Not even for 250k.We need to look to future.Persist with Cust and Schuster and see where that takes us.

He needs to be given a crack first ,being played more out of position than Croker and Walker and is still performing far better than those two scrubs.

Last edited:
Any chance Brisbane bites with a Dce ,Taupau swap for Haas.
Would Take Lodge and Staggs for Dce and Whoopi.
Walters will bight at seeing his origin skipper become his saviour.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8