Who DOES replace DCE?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Foran hooker and DCE a reprieve at lock with instructions to tackle anything that moves and stay away from the ball in attack......

AND all a bonus at contact 'option' negotiation time :rock::rock::rock:
Starting 13 should be

1. T. Trbojevic (vc)
  2. J. Saab
  3. D. Walker
  4. B. Parker
  5. R. Garrick
  6. J. Schuster
  7. C. Cust
  8. T. Paseka
  9. K. Foran
  10. M. Taupau
  11. J. Trbojevic (c)
  12. S. Keppie
  13. D. Turtle

Last edited:
Everyone more or less wants him gone/demoted. What halfback do we seriously replace him with? Reynolds ain't going to happen and I cannot see any other "worthy" players on the market.

Kaeo Weekes failed miserably against men in our trial but still carves it up in the lower grades, worth another shot? I would rather him than paying another ridiculous amount for another clubs established player.
Unfortunately, DCE is totally out of form, and his style of play as halfback doesn't seem to suit the new rules. He is also playing off the back of poor service from Croker, and his combination with Foran is simply not working. I would like to see him given a new role as hooker/dummy half/halfback in a three-way rotation with Cust and Foran, through those three positions. Schuster needs to play 80 minutes at five-eight. Croker needs to be taken out of the equation. I can actually see some real benefit in Foran not playing eighty minutes, and being given more of a game management role when he is on the field. DCE can still kick from first receiver, or from dummy half as required. Clearly, DCE can defend well enough to hopefully take some pressure off Jake in the middle. Jake also needs to be given the captaincy so DCE could focus on this new role. I think it's worth a shot as 1.2 million sitting on the bench or worse would be a very bitter pill to swallow. As for 2022, we already have very serviceable backup half/hooker in Lawton, with Fainu as hooker. By then hopefully DCE has recaptured some form/confidence, and worked out how to be an effective half, under the new rules.

I was thinking of George Nobody from Hornsby E grade, plays for a lobster a game, will miss the same amount of tackles, and would make more line breaks as opposition can't go high because he's only 4'5". He also has a great kicking game but I'm not sure how goes kicking a football.
Don't know about lobsters with George; I did though overhear some young ladies saying that they 'didn't want to share his crabs'..........must mean the same thing.

This year is pretty much a write off already but you throw Fainu, Lawton and a fit Turbo in this side and all of a sudden Chez will recapture his best form.
All the dead wood players we want gone are still unsigned for next year and likely most won't be retained. Add some quality players with those leaving and we will be fine.
We need the likes of Olakau-atu, Schuster and Cust etc to play as many games as possible in preparation for next year. I don't necessarily think we need to get rid of Chez cos he's combination with Turbo and Fainu is second to none and that style suits the modern game.

This year is pretty much a write off already but you throw Fainu, Lawton and a fit Turbo in this side and all of a sudden Chez will recapture his best form.
All the dead wood players we want gone are still unsigned for next year and likely most won't be retained. Add some quality players with those leaving and we will be fine.
We need the likes of Olakau-atu, Schuster and Cust etc to play as many games as possible in preparation for next year. I don't necessarily think we need to get rid of Chez cos he's combination with Turbo and Fainu is second to none and that style suits the modern game.
I listened to Cory Norman talking in the pre-game last week and he stated we are soft in the middle.

We need to start stinging the opposition in tackles, Marty was very poor against the panthers and Dragons.

Guaca will improve the edge he plays on for sure..

The more I think of it, the more I think this team is the ANSWER!!!

ESPECIALLY the 2 Turbo's leading together as Captain and Vice Captain.......

There would be INSTANT results and talk of finals!
Are you giving yourself a wrap and agreeing with yourself LGK? ;)

I listened to Cory Norman talking in the pre-game last week and he stated we are soft in the middle.

We need to start stinging the opposition in tackles, Marty was very poor against the panthers and Dragons.

Guaca will improve the edge he plays on for sure..
Olakau-atu and Davey are our two toughest backrowers and would definitely help in this area. I'm actually hoping Marty is let go. I think someone like Fatuaka from Titans could be a good buy for half the money and is another tough guy, maybe replace Siro with say Sua and we would have a mighty tough pack. Then with Chez, Fainu, Lawton and Turbo sniffing around the middle we could really create and start to dominate. Then with all the dead wood not signed for 2022 it will be a vastly different team. Its not a clean out as such, just not re signing the pooh players and possibly offloading 1 big name in Marty

Unfortunately, DCE is totally out of form, and his style of play as halfback doesn't seem to suit the new rules. He is also playing off the back of poor service from Croker, and his combination with Foran is simply not working. I would like to see him given a new role as hooker/dummy half/halfback in a three-way rotation with Cust and Foran, through those three positions. Schuster needs to play 80 minutes at five-eight. Croker needs to be taken out of the equation. I can actually see some real benefit in Foran not playing eighty minutes, and being given more of a game management role when he is on the field. DCE can still kick from first receiver, or from dummy half as required. Clearly, DCE can defend well enough to hopefully take some pressure off Jake in the middle. Jake also needs to be given the captaincy so DCE could focus on this new role. I think it's worth a shot as 1.2 million sitting on the bench or worse would be a very bitter pill to swallow. As for 2022, we already have very serviceable backup half/hooker in Lawton, with Fainu as hooker. By then hopefully DCE has recaptured some form/confidence, and worked out how to be an effective half, under the new rules.
Agreed with all of this....every single word.

The more I think of it, the more I think this team is the ANSWER!!!

ESPECIALLY the 2 Turbo's leading together as Captain and Vice Captain.......

There would be INSTANT results and talk of finals!

The problem with that team, and it may be the best we can put on the field, is the quality of our players is disgraceful.

One team cannot field Garrick, Parker and Saab in the back line. One of them is a burden, all three is a joke. We will never evr play finals while they are all in our team. Actually i am looking forwrad to Taufua's return.

Last edited:
I've got a potplant here the club can have for $300K a season

In all seriousness this is the other big issue with signing players to 8 year contracts. I've said it plenty of times before, what up and coming half is going to want to come to Manly knowing they have to wait that long to get a shot ? You can't have a succession plan, you can't have any decent depth at half because no kid is going to want to play second fiddle for 5 years.

Maybe in the next 2 years we can start building for the future now that the end is in sight. Hopefully Humphreys has some game and we can get him ready for 2024.

Verdict is still out on Schuster .. full of potential but seems to only be interested in compiling a personal highlight reel instead of what the team needs..
Yup, you can overly exaggerate your no look passes ..
You can tip it on all day too..
You can kick on first or second tackles, cool... Can you manage a game? Can you lead your team to a win?? Can you do anything team related and not personal glory related??
I'm sure he can, but he's yet to do it .
Wanna play like Benji Marshall?? Cool... Benji was figured out after 2005 and played a total of 2 final series the ensuing 16 years.
Shaun Johnson had a pretty great highlight reel too.. once figured out he's played in how many finals???

Kid needs to play within the team before he gets any shot leading it around the park.. again, I'm sure he COULD.. but I wanna see it before annointing him the chosen one

Verdict is still out on Schuster .. full of potential but seems to only be interested in compiling a personal highlight reel instead of what the team needs..
Yup, you can overly exaggerate your no look passes ..
You can tip it on all day too..
You can kick on first or second tackles, cool... Can you manage a game? Can you lead your team to a win?? Can you do anything team related and not personal glory related??
I'm sure he can, but he's yet to do it .
Wanna play like Benji Marshall?? Cool... Benji was figured out after 2005 and played a total of 2 final series the ensuing 16 years.
Shaun Johnson had a pretty great highlight reel too.. once figured out he's played in how many finals???

Kid needs to play within the team before he gets any shot leading it around the park.. again, I'm sure he COULD.. but I wanna see it before annointing him the chosen one
Team can’t score a point though. Team has no game plan to fit into because there is none.

I’m sure he feels like he’s the only threat out there - and he is.

The 2005 West side was a points scoring machine and Warriors played us in 2011 GF when Johnson started. Both good teams to help them shine.Shoe would look great in those teams.He is playing in a train wreck with zero attack.

Easy to overplay your hand as a kid in a dud team like this.I can see your point but too early to criticise him I reckon.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10